It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:58 am



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Our Sponsors





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:57 am 
Hahaha starfishing... no way that's hilarious just stick the whole tab up there. No way!!! And I don't wanna go to bludelight. I am so far past all the recreational drug talk. I just wanna know how those studies managed to test bioavailability s with the alcohol ice solution. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to not burn through so much medicine if it ain't necessary. Haha up the bum it goes. :shock:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:25 pm 
Offline
One Month or More
One Month or More
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:35 pm
Posts: 35
Dont believe the hype or "studies". None of these ROA are any different in potency, and some are complete waste. The plugging is all around horrible experience and waste of time, medication, and dignity. The alcohol disolve method works but not any better than sublingal and it creates way more saliva in process. The stamp method-wet strip and stick inside nose does not really work too well. This takes very long to work and again no diff from sublingal. There is no other way to take the films besides iv and I refuse to do that. I hear stories from users who claim to have great results taking only 1mg of sub iv'd. I think they are just fixated on using needles similar to cigarette smoker with oral fixation. Ya you on low dose but at a huge cost. Your damaging your viens and injecting chemicals that arent supposed to be in there. These film strips turned out to be huge let down for me. I was taking tablets for 3 years until insurance switch me to film. I used to go 3-4 months on a one month/ 30 pill supply. Now I at risk of not making it thru my first month on the film. 2 mg film is like eating a piece of tissue paper, no meds in there. I could take 2 8mg strips and have barely any results. This cant be happening, why did they give me these useless films. 4mg of the tablet was too much for me to handle. I would be knocked out cold from that dose. How is it 4mg film has absolutely no effect on me whatsoever? I temped to open up like 10 films and start sticking all over mouth lol. Has anyone had positive results taking these films? If so how did you take it and what mg? Someone on here gave me a useful tip to put the film inside your lip in front like a tobacco lipper. This seems to work better and less saliva contamination but it take a minute to dissolve.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: how I take my sub dose
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:25 pm 
Offline
New Poster
New Poster

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:45 am
Posts: 2
:lol: Hi everybody....my name is Billy and I,m from Boston....Ive been a hard core junkie for 18 years...ive been on methadone maintainence twice....once for almost 3 yrs....Ive been on suboxone for 4 years....Ive had various lenghts of clean time from opiates....once i had 11 months and suboxone definately helped...I,m prescriped 16 mgs a day....it used too be 24....but MASSHEALTH wants your dr. to start tapering you after a year....they only want to pay for 16 mgs a day....i,m cool with that...I take between8 and 20mgs a day depending if ive been chipping....if you don,t know that term....it means using off andon....I taperered myself down to 4 mgs a day a few years ago....but then I went on a 2yr run.....which i,m still trying to stabilize from....I attend 12 step mtgs regularly and the fellowship really helps me...I,m also presribed 2mgs of klonipin a day and I think that is an awesome drug to relieve post acute withdrawel symptoms....but thats my experience...


Top
 Profile  
 
Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:14 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:42 am
Posts: 4137
Hi Billy! Welcome to the forum! I want to suggest that you post an introduction of yourself in the "Introductions" section because more people might see it there than in this thread. It sounds like other people supporting you is important in your recovery. Does it matter if the support is in person or does online support help you too? Do you have any family members supporting you?

I love Boston! I grew up in VT and it was always special to get to go into the city. Have you lived there all your life?

Take care and keep posting.

Amy

_________________
Done is better than perfect!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: IV Dosing
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:04 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:35 am
Posts: 2802
Location: Southwest
Shooting up your Suboxone successfully seems to confuse the heck out of me. I have read several posts here and on other forums where the posters state they IV'd their Suboxone. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there Naloxone in it to prevent addicts from shooting it up? To do so w/o going through severe withdrawals says that the combo doesn't work. So why put Naloxone in it if it doesn't do any good at preventing IV use?

Buprenorphine is the partial opiate agonist and Naloxone (Narcan) is a drug that reverses the effects of opiates and is given by IV. Taking it orally supposedly doesn't do anything against opiates. They normally use it for overdose patients from what I've read.

So if you inject Naloxone wouldn't that put you in immediate withdrawal?

This one has bugged me for a long time. If anyone knows how and why it doesn't work like it's supposed to, please post it.

_________________
Don't take yourself so damn seriously


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IV Dosing
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:20 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 3:46 pm
Posts: 461
Location: South Florida
I've seen a few posts about this lately.  I think dr Junig posted about it actually but I can't find it after a quick look.  But yeah, many users have been posting about how they have injected suboxone without any problems or have seen people do it with no problem.  I think the amount in there is not enough do really do anything.   I think it's in there for marketing, something for RB to say they have an "ABUSE PROOF ADDICTION MED" that they created and hold a patent on for several years.  It also worked with pushing the film and bashing subutex and it's generics as unsafe<---- that is only my opinion of course.  

Oh wait I found what dr Junig wrote about it (full link below):

A quote from it: "So why, you ask, is there something called ‘Subutex’?  Or better yet, why doesn’t everyone just take plain old buprenorphine?  If you ask that question, you are brighter than most of the people involved in the FDA approval of Suboxone.  The naloxone is supposedly in Suboxone to reduce diversion of the drug, by causing withdrawal symptoms if Suboxone is injected.  But if you spend a few hours reading my blog, you’ll come to see the real reason for naloxone:  to convert a generic molecule called buprenorphine into a blockbuster pharmaceutical called Suboxone."

Read more at http://www.suboxonetalkzone.com/suboxon ... YwbZwtDfQY.
99 

rule62 wrote:
Shooting up your Suboxone successfully seems to confuse the heck out of me.  I have read several posts here and on other forums where the posters state they IV'd their Suboxone.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there Naloxone in it to prevent addicts from shooting it up?  To do so w/o going through severe withdrawals says that the combo doesn't work.  So why put Naloxone in it if it doesn't do any good at preventing IV use?  

Buprenorphine is the partial opiate agonist and Naloxone (Narcan) is a drug that reverses the effects of opiates and is given by IV.  Taking it orally supposedly doesn't do anything against opiates.  They normally use it for overdose patients from what I've read.

So if you inject Naloxone wouldn't that put you in immediate withdrawal?

This one has bugged me for a long time.  If anyone knows how and why it doesn't work like it's supposed to, please post it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:19 pm 
Offline
One Month or More
One Month or More
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:35 pm
Posts: 35
Who knows the real reason they put nalaxone in the mix. You cant trust these shady back room negotiating ferrari driving pharma companies. Its a business first and meds second. People have been shooting subs this whole time. You judt have to use micron filter and run it thru 2-3 times. I not a big slammer but supposedly the films make the whole shoot process faster and easier. Soo much for abuse proof meds. That is how people get by taking .25mg doses because they slam it and get 100% ba.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dosing
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:34 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:00 am
Posts: 5
johnpal716 wrote:
hey...

for the first 9 months i did it "the normal way"..... under the tongue in one big chunk... stays there for a half hour and real annoying...

then i read the article the doc wrote about maximizing the absorption.... swallowing hard a few times to get rid of excess mouth juice... chewing it up with my two front teeth (you know.. the ones i got for christmas), and rubbing it all over my mouth with my tongue.
it takes a little practice but it seems to work. i just keep it all in there for about 10 minutes, trying to keep the volume down and get it to go in every little corner... then i swallow it, and dont drink or eat for another 15 minutes.
but with the 4 mg and less... i do the under the tongue thing cause it doesnt take so long to dissolve and i feel like i'm losing it (old addict behaviors) and not getting every last crumb.

also... i take the entire daily dose in the morning. was certain at first that i needed more later in the day (and sometimes did take more... which resulted in running out before my next refill... not cool) but learned to ignore it, and trust the truth, and am now glad i broke that pattern.

what i'd like to know is:

if said method is the best way to optimize the absorption of the drug into your system, then why does the company tell you to put it under your tongue?
i've also heard of spitting the pink spit out once the pill dissolves?

i dunno, i trust the doc so i took his advice.

be well
jp
i also have a hard time trying not to take more suboxone later in the day. i feel like its an old addict habit having to have more in the day not just one time in the morning....any advice?

_________________
-Everything happens for a reason- ---Jess*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:55 am 
Offline
One Month or More
One Month or More
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:35 pm
Posts: 35
Try taking the bulk of your daily dose early in the day. Then at night you can just take a small amount and should have a build up effect. I ussually take 4mg in a.m. Then 2mg around 8pm. Sometimes I even catch a nod after taking my last dose because its building on the bup already in your system.


Top
 Profile  
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:34 am 
Offline
One Month or More
One Month or More
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:20 am
Posts: 35
Anyone else find that laying face down with the suboxone under your tongue helps absorb better? Seems like it to me. I remember my doctor telling me to lean forward for some reason that I can't remember. Though some times when I've done this, I've fallen asleep and wake up with orange all over my pillow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:52 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:05 am
Posts: 156
For me, the best way by far is to pop film under the tongue, lay down(preferable) or keep head back....
while pressing on the film, breathe only through the mouth. This is the only way i know of that really tames saliva build up and promotes "drier " conditions.
Works beautifully for me!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:59 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 28
My new Dr has me take my Sub like this :

I take half in the morning and half at night I put it under my tongue for 10 minutes, then spit . He says do not swallow during this 10 minutes or it will make what is absorbed not work. So I guess what I'm spitting out is the naloxone?

Does anybody take theirs at work? I usually just go to the bathroom, pop it under my tongue and go about my business.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:40 pm 
Offline
New Poster
New Poster

Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:20 pm
Posts: 2
I take a quarter of the pill under the tongue. As for the strips I cannot stand the taste of them. Makes me gag slot! Compared to the strips the tabs taste like candy to me and I don't get that terrible headache either.
:mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:00 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:42 am
Posts: 4137
jonella wrote:
My new Dr has me take my Sub like this :

I take half in the morning and half at night I put it under my tongue for 10 minutes, then spit . He says do not swallow during this 10 minutes or it will make what is absorbed not work. So I guess what I'm spitting out is the naloxone?

Does anybody take theirs at work? I usually just go to the bathroom, pop it under my tongue and go about my business.


What your doctor says doesn't sound completely accurate. Anything that is absorbed during the 10 minutes you have the sub dissolving under your tongue will work regardless of whether you spit or swallow the leftover. If you were to take the sub and swallow it right away, then it would not work because the stomach acids would destroy the medication before it hits your blood stream. Suboxone/buprenorphone is meant to be absorbed by the mucous membranes. Under the tongue is the recommended site of absorption, but you could use the inside of your cheek, your nasal passages, or even (if you want to be gross about it) your vagina or anus.

Many people use the tip of their tongue to "paint" the inside of their mouth with the strip, and many people leave the sub in place for longer than 10 minutes. The reason that the folks who spit do so is because if you swallow the medication, which also contains naloxone, the naloxone sometimes gives people a headache.

I hope I cleared that up for you instead of making you confused! :)

Amy

Moderator

_________________
Done is better than perfect!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:29 pm 
Offline
New Poster
New Poster

Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:46 pm
Posts: 1
I take 6mg of suboxone (yes with naloxone, NOT subutex) a day, my ROA is IV injection usually 2x/3x a day. Been doing this for over 4 months now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:36 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 4
some of these responses are quite funny wishing there was a button to agree with some one or a button to like a comment lmao


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:41 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:09 pm
Posts: 41
Location: St Petersburg
Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
jonella wrote:
My new Dr has me take my Sub like this :

I take half in the morning and half at night I put it under my tongue for 10 minutes, then spit . He says do not swallow during this 10 minutes or it will make what is absorbed not work. So I guess what I'm spitting out is the naloxone?

Does anybody take theirs at work? I usually just go to the bathroom, pop it under my tongue and go about my business.


What your doctor says doesn't sound completely accurate. Anything that is absorbed during the 10 minutes you have the sub dissolving under your tongue will work regardless of whether you spit or swallow the leftover. If you were to take the sub and swallow it right away, then it would not work because the stomach acids would destroy the medication before it hits your blood stream. Suboxone/buprenorphone is meant to be absorbed by the mucous membranes. Under the tongue is the recommended site of absorption, but you could use the inside of your cheek, your nasal passages, or even (if you want to be gross about it) your vagina or anus.

Many people use the tip of their tongue to "paint" the inside of their mouth with the strip, and many people leave the sub in place for longer than 10 minutes. The reason that the folks who spit do so is because if you swallow the medication, which also contains naloxone, the naloxone sometimes gives people a headache.

I hope I cleared that up for you instead of making you confused! :)

Amy

Moderator

Interesting read!
I would never spit any of it out. I just feel like that would waste a small part of it, & I can't have that. I've never gotten a headache, and i've never heard of people spitting before now. Not something i'd ever recommend or do.

_________________
~My Total Time Clean Counter~
Clean thanks to Suboxone since June 20, 2014
Down to 4mg a day since Feb, 2016!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:21 pm 
Offline
New Poster
New Poster

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 3
After a year or so I've figured out the simplistic way to get max absorption of sub 8mg films You put it under your actual tongue itself bend your tongue up so it sticks about in the middle now don't let your tounge drop in the saliva that pooling After about 15 minutes It dissolves leaving Saliva mixed with Suboxone lower your tongue now trap saliva for 7-10 minutes Remember no swallowing talking and keep mouth closed Using this method works amazing Good Luck and you will actually start feeling the medicine true effect


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:40 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
Tristan wrote:
After a year or so I've figured out the simplistic way to get max absorption of sub 8mg films You put it under your actual tongue itself bend your tongue up so it sticks about in the middle now don't let your tounge drop in the saliva that pooling After about 15 minutes It dissolves leaving Saliva mixed with Suboxone lower your tongue now trap saliva for 7-10 minutes Remember no swallowing talking and keep mouth closed Using this method works amazing Good Luck and you will actually start feeling the medicine true effect



That sounds like a good trick, I'm going to try that. I didn't quite understand your directions at first, maybe because I'm tired, but when you said, "put it under your actual tongue itself", after thinking about it, you mean stick it on the underside of the tongue (in the middle). Then the rest was easy to understand. Keep tongue lifted (with sub stuck to it) so it's out of the saliva pool for awhile. Sounds brilliant.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:27 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 29
I have only been taking the tabs for 3 weeks so my question is how can you tell if you haven't let it dissolve the right way? Do you get cravings? What is the best way to do the tabs? I put it directly under my tongue then am I not supposed to talk, swallow or eat or drink anything for how long after I put it under my tongue? Can some one explain for me....thanks :?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Our Sponsors
Suboxone Forum latest topics RSS feed Subscribe to the entire forum
 

 

 
Fond Du Lac Psychiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Junig, M.D., Ph.D.

  • Board Certified Psychiatrist
  • Asst Clinical Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group