It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's funny how complicated people make things. I'm not pro AA by any means but "Keep it Simple Stupid!"

Post subject: Dosing Discussion
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]
After reading these post I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Mine disolves very quickly and it seems to be working just fine.
I've only been doing this for a lil over 2 weeks. Am I doing something wron?

Thanks
Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hold your film by the sides as to not have it absorb into your skin on your fingers etc. That's one I just read.

Also, you do get some by swallowing, just not as much.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, some folks just have more saliva :)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Bboy, I get better absorption with the films as well, I even got a little buzz at first. Kick ass... they're much better than having to worry about the pill under my tongue forever...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:51 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Everyone who take the strips is doing it wrong, your are suppose to put it on your actual tongue stick it on there underneath, not like the pills where they went on the base of the mouth, and you put your tongue on top, my doc told me this. make sure your tongue is moist and press the strip under the back of your tongue close to the base then close your mouth with your tongue pressed down

Post subject: strips
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

how long do strips keep there strength after cut open any buddy know
ladder/hat /you guys up above?i had a couple open packs in my pants
pocket,and they were thay'er for a long time. i took them yesterday
and feel on edge.oh do you have to go to a meth clinic for taking
subotex?

Post subject: shoot
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ahh shoot am i fucking my self up on subs again. i realy dont mean to,
i gues sometimes i'm trying to find a better way with it ,but it doesnt work!
so i keep going back and starting over again. my docs making me take a piss test
becouse i'm hanging with the wrong crew in A.A but i am going to start over again.
i feel like a dam fool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey johnboy, did you relapse? What do you mean about trying to find a better way with the Sub? You mentioned the wrong crowd in AA. Would that be the marijuana maintenance crowd? Maybe if you could give us a little more insight we could help you out. One thing is sure, beating yourself up never helps. If you used, the best thing is to get stable on the Subs again ASAP. Can I ask what dose you are on? Hang in there, you're not a fool. Many of us have been where you are and still went on with our recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]

Johnboy,
How does your Dr. know you hanging with the wrong crowd in AA?

I'm not bashing AA/NA b/c I was a part of them years back but if you hanging out with someone that is using in the program it's a perfect example of what I've said for so long. There are people that judge us for being on Suboxone but they doing things they should not be doing.
Also,I've seen people in AA with the thinking of it's not NA so it's okay to smoke pot.
I think in or out of AA/NA if you hang out with people using it's never a good outcome.

Please don't beat yourself up. Most of us have relapsed before. As long as you pull yourself up and start over is the best thing you can do for yourself.
We can always start over and learn from the experience.

Please let us know how you doing.

Don't give up and hang in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Great topic!

I have a couple of different ways I take mine, really just two. I first brush my teeth and floss(if its in the morning), then I wash my mouth out, then I rinse again with warm water. I fold the strip in half and put it right under my tongue. Let it dissolve, spit the nasty stuff out, and proceed with my day.

Due to extenuating circumstances, I got to the point where I couldn't talk, eat, drink water, pretty much not being able to use my mouth for anything except to mumble what I had to say. Anyways- read my thread about the reaction I had to suboxone and it will all make since. Anyways, brace yourself, it is just the ewwwwwwwww factor: I had to administer suboxone rectally. I would take the strips and put them into a shot glass using 4ml of warm water for 16mg of suboxone, stirred the water until the strips dissolved and no orange chunks were left in the water, sucked it up in my trusty oral syringe, and plugged er' up. (I never thought I'd use plugging and oral next to each other in a sentence). This was a great short term MOA while I was severely sick.

My daily dose is 24mg a day.

-Canada

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I finally decided to ask a couple of pharmacists about proper dosing. Wanted to ask more than one to see if I got different answers. One of the pharmacists is my nephew, so I knew he wouldn't tell me some bullshit thing that Reckitt tells them to say.
Two of them told me it simply doesn't matter if you put the film left or right under the tongue as directions tell us. Also for those that take more than 2 films, even though directions say no more than 2 films at a time, you can place more than 2 if you want to. One of them said follow the enclosed instructions, even after I asked him what his personal opinion was.
Basically they said that as long as the film is dissolving completely in your mouth, the membranes are absorbing the medicine into our systems. I heard someone say they put it between there gum and lip like chewing tobacco. My nephew thought that was probably one of the better ways to avoid a lot of the awe-full taste.
Bottom line is two of three said it simply doesn't really matter where in the mouth, as long as they are dissolving and we don't spit or swallow too soon after they are dissolved.
Makes sense to me. I think my next dose will be like a pinch of tobacco between the lip and gum. I'd be willing to bet it will be just as affective as under the tongue, and probably a lot less awe-full taste.
Any other folks tried that method?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

IVE BEEN DOING THE FILMS FOR 1 MONTH NOW... I TAKE IT OUTGRAB IT WITH MY FINGERS NOT ON THE SIDES JUST GRAB IT THAN PLACE IT ON MY THUMB AND PUT IT UNDER MY TOUNGE THAN PRESS DOWN... MY THUMB AND FINGERS ARE DRY SO ITS NOT ABSORBING ON MY FINGERS OR THUMB CORRECT? I ALSO DROPPED IT A COUPLE OF TIMES ON MY DRESSOR BUT IT IS DRY. AND PICK IT UP. IM NOT RUINING ANYTHING AM I???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

IVE BEEN DOING THE FILMS FOR 1 MONTH NOW... I TAKE IT OUTGRAB IT WITH MY FINGERS NOT ON THE SIDES JUST GRAB IT THAN PLACE IT ON MY THUMB AND PUT IT UNDER MY TOUNGE THAN PRESS DOWN... MY THUMB AND FINGERS ARE DRY SO ITS NOT ABSORBING ON MY FINGERS OR THUMB CORRECT? I ALSO DROPPED IT A COUPLE OF TIMES ON MY DRESSOR BUT IT IS DRY. AND PICK IT UP. IM NOT RUINING ANYTHING AM I???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

MES999 wrote:

No you are not ruing your meds by dropping them!

And you have to touch them to put it in your mouth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am actually prescribed 8mg. strips. I take 1.5 mg daily. I have pre cut a few 2 week doses (I am tapering slowly) Many days, I wake up earlier than my normal time. I pop a pre cut piece under my tongue (either side). Go back to sleep and when I wake up if I have saliva to spit, I spit. If I dont, I guess I have swallowed it. Usually, I have the very thick melted strip still under my tongue & when I do, I feel high as shit. So, I would have to say that the longer you keep the thing in there, the more sub you are absorbing. The taste really does not bother me at all. When I wake up high, THAT bothers me a bit, but I end up getting a lot of chores & errands done on those days. So thats how I take my strips.

Post subject: Re: strips
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnboy wrote:
how long do strips keep there strength after cut open any buddy know
ladder/hat /you guys up above?i had a couple open packs in my pants
pocket,and they were thay'er for a long time. i took them yesterday
and feel on edge.oh do you have to go to a meth clinic for taking
subotex?

I'd be careful taking film that has been open for a while. Naloxone breaks down a lot faster in the film, turning into compounds that may be toxic. So keep your eye on the use-by dates, and make sure the packaging stays air tight. I'm unsure if these compounds can make people feel "edgy", but the film definitely made me feel edgy in general.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I kept putting off trying the strips b/c i heard all these horror stories. Well I started them around a month ago and i actually love them! My big problem before was that the pills would never dissolve, even after an hour under my tongue. My mouth would be full of saliva and I'd have these orange lumps leftover that I would be forced to chew up.

With the strips my mouth doesn't get nearly as wet and I completely absorb them in 20 minutes max. I don't even have much sub taste leftover & my saliva is usually almost clear by then. I know for me they are really worth it compared to the hassle of the pills. Just my $.02!

Bunny

Post subject: Re: Mihonoja
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:50 am 
New Poster
New Poster

mihonoja wrote:
Lol it is very funny to me how each of us has our own little routine or ritual for doing our subs :)

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets the strip stuck to their finger, and the idea about using the tweezers and toothpick is great, I will try that here in a few minutes!!

Mihonoja, you're not the only one who gets it stuck to their fingers. I just literally joined this Sub group to tell you that! I've been having problems lately and already wasted 2 strips. It is becoming ridiculous. I use a small mirror to place it perfectly on the bottom on my mouth, right at the glands under my tongue but what has happened on many occasions is that it pushes right back up and ends up either stuck to the inside of my bottom teeth or the tip of my tongue pushes it down and THAT's how I've been absorbing them, from the tip of my tongue's pressure into the bottom mouth glands.

I feel like I could be receiving MORE medicine if I do it another way but now, since it's done the tooth and finger sticking thing, I have a fear that grew from all of this - so now, every time I take a film and place it in my mouth, this anxiety reacts out of nowhere. I've touched it too, at that moment it stuck to the inside of my bottom teeth, to try and move it??? Fuggheddabboudddit! It'll turn into goobly-gobs of Suboxone and you'll just ruin it all, the entire experience.

Ahh, that felt good - to get all that out there!! LOL Seriously, I hate wasting it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The best way I have found to take my sub is to put it between my gums and my lip/cheek. I usually aim for above the tooth just behind the canine teeth on top. I do this bc in my gums I have sort oqf a small area where my gums go up just a bit futher and it makes it so the strip sticks up there and very rarely does it get gooey and get on my teeth. On occasion, I put the part of the strip on the bottom (I take 1/2 each morn, 3/4 each night for a total of 1&1/4 per day of the 8mg strips). I place it pretty much in the same place except maybe a bit further back - sorta wjere I imagine a man would put dip or chew at. When I do this (bottom) it does disolve a little faster and the flavor (which I do not like) is more intense. I can not imagine going back to placing it under my tounge. This way the strip disolves very slowly and I xan even drink water or soda or whatever as long as I use a straw. There are times I stick my tounge up there an hour later and get a pretty strong taste on the tip of my tounge. I feel like I get good absorbtion and love that I can talk and go on about my business without worrying about swallowing the strip too early or having to mumble and point rathe than speak. :) If you have never tried this method, I highly recommend that you at least give it a chance!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I take the film "as directed" - under tongue sublinguallly.
Do you actually understand the pharmacodynamics of Buprenorphine?
Its peak concentration levels and times?
It's half-life etc?
This medication was trialled EXTENSIVELY before coming to market and as such all the billions of $$$ spent on developing it etc are so they find the best routes of administration etc.
I didn't read the many other replies, but you should take the medication as directed and let it absorb under the tongue.
Thats it!. Show me clinical research that supports any other way of taking the medication so as to increase the effect and raise the concentration levels of the medication.
Even those people that "equally divide" the films do not actually realize that by cutting a film in 2 doesn't give you a equal 50% dose on each piece.