It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all,

How do you go about finding a Suboxone doctor? or a competent doctor concerned about helping you recover properly?

We made this new website that allows Suboxone-seeking patients to find as much info as possible instead of calling a bunch of ads from a print publication. What do you guys think about a site like this and would you use it? Any feedback or info on how you go about finding a Suboxone doctor would be very helpful!!!

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There are 3 or 4 different sub doctor locators on the web. Is this the information you're looking for? I guess I'd need to know more about your new site before i could say if I'd use it. Maybe you could tell us more about it?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yea we are trying to differentiate ourselves from these sites as they provide little information about the doctor and you're forced to make a ton of phone calls when searching for you ideal doctor. What we do is provide info for patients so they do not need to make these calls as they can make a decision from the info provided online. Additionally, we offer relevant health news so users can find out more about different treatment options as well as information on their current treatments.

Sorry I would of put a link, but I'm still too new to do so. I think after this one I should be ok.

Have you used any of the sites? and were they beneficial for you in finding a doctor? how so?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I used NAABT.org to find my current doctor. I didn't use their list of doctors in my area, instead I put my information into their system - all about what treatment I was looking for, etc. (I was moving and needing a new doctor). My new doctor called me within 3 or 4 days of receiving my information. He ended up being both my family and my sub doctor. Oh and I also had one other doctor contact me.

NAABT also has just a list of sub docs according to zip code or city. That's convenient, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I found my doctor through www.suboxone.com

I'm not sure how you're going to be able to provide enough information, though, for patients to still not have to call around, because the fact is you have to call a doctor's office before you can find out if he's accepting patients or not.

Or is that ALSO something you're going to be providing? I mean, THAT would be beneficial to patients, knowing BEFORE THEY CALL if a doctor is accepting patients.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The other two online locators are suboxone-directory.com and samhsa.gov. Let us know how your site progresses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Working in marketing, web sites, etc., for a long time now, while having a site like this would indeed really be helpful, I can't help but think it will be a nightmare to try to keep current. As Junkie says, it would be great just to even know if a doc is accepting new patients or not. But what happens a few months down the road when a portion of the docs who were under 100 patients are now at the limit? Will they write or call and let the site admin know? Even if they are able to log in and maintain their own data, the huge question is - will they take the time to do that?

It's a great and ambitious project but I really think it's going to take a lot of time to keep current - especially if the database ends up with a thousand docs or more - Sheech, what a currency nightmare! Ever try to deal with docs to get the latest and most currenct information about their practice?

Good luck, though!