It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Also, should I wait until I am in w/d's to talk to my Doc?
Or should I just call on Monday? My last does will be Sunday, and only less than 4mg
If I call Monday, then I'll be going in a week early, i know I can wait 2 days but I will be crazy by then in w/d's and having to drive around til I find a pharmacy to fill it.
But I wont be in w/d's on monday, it takes me about 36 hours before I start feeling really crazy...
Should I call monday? or wait until wednesday morning?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So Now I dont hafta call my doc early... But I am still in the same situation....

My Doc switched me from 10mg to 8mg beginning of November...

I am gonna ask him to keep me at this dose. I wish he would give me some .5mg Xanax or something. He give me 20 X 30mg Temazepam to sleep but they dont do shit...

How do I ask my Doc to give me .5mg Xanax with out sounding like a drug seeking patient. I have taken Xanax b4, I know if I was able to get 30 or so .5mg Xanax's I would be able to take 8mg of Sub a day with no issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You know,
I'd just be honest, and say,,,,

"Im NOT sleeping well, with this lower dose, this (whatever you said) isn't doing shit,
and I don't want to sound Like I came strutting in here, saying, I NEED XANAX, but I do KNOW
it works,,,
and I'd REALLY like to get some sleep"

it might be a GOOD IDEA to say how RESPONSIBLE you'd be, with the added medication, that you ONLY
are trying to get good rest, ETC, ETC.....

assure him, the doctor, that HES the one making the RULES that YOU FOLLOW........

that's my only advice,,,
sorry Im not more help.....

I do hope you get what you need, though :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Why do you need Xanax? Esp with a history of seizures I'd be careful taking benzos. Once you get dependent on benzos with a history of seizures it can be very risky to get off them. If I were in your position, I'd steer clear of a drug like xanax.

What you're doing is drug-seeking behaviour defined. You're not getting enough of what you think you need from 8mg of Sub so you took more, but now you've realised it's not sustainable and you can't get away with it, so you're seeking other avenues to keep your addiction happy like Xanax.

Be honest with your doc. You're having cravings, your mind is looking for ways to get drugs to ease it. You even went online asking people on a recovery forum how to get Xanax out of your doctor! Doc, I really need to slow down my reduction because my addiction is starting to go crazy.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:36 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Totally agree with you TeeJay,

I think prooph needs to get his addiction under control. He/she should tell the doctor a higher dose of sub is needed because cravings and insomnia are increasing with the lower dose. Meetings of some kind would be good and are free.

Doctors dont like to give sub and benzos together because the risk of respitory depression is high when people take both.

Prooph Im sorry to say it but it seems like you really need more help than just one monthly visit to the sub doc. You are sounding like you are in active addiction and I hope you make some changes before its too late.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Pr0oph wrote:
The other thing is that I take Dilantin everyday, bc I have had seizures from w/d's both from opiates benzos, but it started from abusing cocaine & extasy.

[font=Comic Sans MS]
I gotta ask again....Why on earth do you want to get on xanax??? You don't have to answer that if you don't
feel comfortable explaining yourself here. But I gotta be honest with you. This has drug seeking behavior
written all over it. I am not judging you. I have been there myself. All of us have. That's why it is so easy for us
to spot it when we read it. The temazepam is already a benzo. The reason you think it doesn't do shit for you is
because it isnt' chemically structured the way xanax is. It isn't going to hit you fast and hard like xanax. I used
Temazepam for sleep before, and I thought the same way you did. But I was also looking for something to make
me high as a kite. So of course it didn't do what I WANTED it to do. But it did do what it was supposed to do.

I think that TeeJay and Orangedoll pretty much hit the nail on the head. I wont lecture you. You need to get serious.
Recovery is hard!!!! No doubt about it. Get to either meetings, or a therapist, or intensive out patient. You really have
me worried with the way you talk. You sound like you are in active addiction. Please Please Please do something
to save your life. You are worth it.

This forum is a great place to get honest feedback, and to start being honest about your whole thought process.
Alot of what you are thinking is normal for where you are at. We can help you with that. Just be honest with us.
Then you need some real live human being that you trust. A therapist who specializes in addiction would be so
beneficial to you. Just like us here, they wont judge you.

The sooner you get honest with yourself, the better. It took me a while too, but it's like Amber said earlier in this
thread, once I did, it's like I've forgotten how to lie. It just isn't a part of who I am anymore.

Good luck to you and Take Care~[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I mean I agree, I want to be high. Not fcuked up, but to a point to where I feel normal. I have ptsd from the military. I've been on benzos like klonopin & xanax. They like to give Klonopin bc it is an anti-seizure med.
Taking the klonopin would work for a while, but i also know it will stop working at some point, requiring higher dosage, and away i go again

this is why i been think about switching to methadone.
I dont feel anything from subutex except feeling not dope sick. It doesn't help my pain hardly at all.
I know methadone is a slippery slope that its a lot harder to come off of

But I have been thinking to myself why do I even want to get off the meds? It is helping me, I dont want to go thru w/ds from tapering & I am a single guy no family and I really dont have any reasons why I should be 100% free of drugs...

I am not working right now, so I can deal with going to the methadone clinic everyday until I start getting my take home doses. I just loathe waiting in line with all the other zombies there.

Do employment drug screens test for Methadone? I know Sub's dont show up. Will the methadone clinic prescribe me a Benzo also, if its medically necessary?

Should I tell my doc my desire to switch to methadone? Or should I just go to the clinic?
The clinic is a little more expensive, $14/dose = $420 a month or Subutex $130/month for doc visit plus $100 for 30X 8mg Subs. Which isnt cotting it, I need 45 I think

I have no desire to take Oxy's again, in fact I tried a 30mg Oxy a few months ago, bc i was without subs for 2 days, I felt nothing from it.
I want to take methadone, and feel my pain go away, and feel the pleasure of a full-agonist opiate, not the nothingness I feel from sub partial agonist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]WEll, from the sounds of that last post, it sounds very clear to me, that you don't want to be clean. YOu said that
you want to be high. You said that you want the feeling of a full agonist. You don't NEED a benzo for PTSD from the
military. I am a 100% disabled veteran, and don't need one. OH ya, my diagnosis is PTSD.

We may as well call a spade a spade, and since you admitted that you just dont have any reason to be clean right now,
then I don't think that there is a thing in the world that any one of us can tell you, that will change your mind.
I do have to say though, that I admire your honesty, and that takes courage on a forum full of addicts in
recovery.

When and if you decide to commit to a life of recovery, we can definitely be a great support system to you. Until then,
I hope that you will be careful in what you do, and what you take. Good Luck to you, and I hope that you eventually
see that this addict's way of life, is just not worth it.

NOt to be nosy, but do you get any help for your PTSD? I did. It did wonders. Their are a ton of programs that the VA
offers if you are interested. If you want, PM me, and I can give you a ton of phone numbers and contact people who can
get you into the right program to fit your trauma. From one veteran to another.....please take care of yourself. Kelly[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TeeJay wrote:
Why do you need Xanax? Esp with a history of seizures I'd be careful taking benzos. Once you get dependent on benzos with a history of seizures it can be very risky to get off them. If I were in your position, I'd steer clear of a drug like xanax.

What you're doing is drug-seeking behaviour defined. You're not getting enough of what you think you need from 8mg of Sub so you took more, but now you've realised it's not sustainable and you can't get away with it, so you're seeking other avenues to keep your addiction happy like Xanax.

Be honest with your doc. You're having cravings, your mind is looking for ways to get drugs to ease it. You even went online asking people on a recovery forum how to get Xanax out of your doctor! Doc, I really need to slow down my reduction because my addiction is starting to go crazy.

Good luck.

Thank you tj i thought i was the only one who thought he was drug seeking. I said it in my very first post that he was still thinking like he was in active addiction, and tried to help him by telling him the truth and he automatically got defensive like i was trying to be mean. But when we are thinking like this we need someone to be straight forward with us not hold there hand and lie to them. I think he was truly asking us what's the best lie i could tell my Dr to get another early refill and that is not what this forum is about. We are here to help each other continue a healthy recovery not how to play your Dr . And im sorry if this is mean or rude but i hate seeing these kind members truly trying to help someone who really didnt want it for the right reasons. Im going to leave this thread alone because shit like this really upsets me.

Im all for you being a member here and i truly hope/wish you the best. You took the right step on getting on suboxone now try and take next step to staying clean. We all are different but i hope you see this life style is not worth it and please feel free to pm me i was on suboxone for 4 years and switched to methadone almost two years ago best decision ivè ever made. Check my thread called "my switch" in the methadone section, i think youll find it helpfull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think most of us have in Pr0oph's place at some point, which is probably why we can pick it. When you're not ready you're not ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I for got to add this yesterday, i hate to burst your bubble but methadone is not going to get you high. Its just like subs youll feel a buzz the first couple doses but after that nothing. And you could keep asking for increases to feel a buzz one more time but methadone clinic Drs are not stupid they know every trick in the book. And if they think you are drug seeking theyll cut your dose own and a red flag will pop up any time u ask for a increase. So you need to really rethink this man subutex is your best option why deal with the withdrawal just to get high a couple times on methadone. And no Clinic in there right mind will prescribe you a benzo considering the two have a very strong drug interaction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Do people inject their take-home doses of methadone in the US like they do in the UK and Aus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Pr0oph wrote:
I mean I agree, I want to be high. Not fcuked up, but to a point to where I feel normal. I have ptsd from the military.

Dude. Before I start I just wanna say that being posted overseas is something I can't get my head around. So you have every right to say "you have no idea what it's like".

But I have a helluva lot of experience "throwing off" / blaming mental health issues, and rationalizing the continued need to get high because I was suffering from a diagnosed mental illness. "I need to feel high to feel normal". Now I look back on it I wasted a lot of good years because of that belief. I could spend ages picking apart all the fallacies in that belief because there's a lot. For one it's very rare to find any person who doesn't feel a bit different or abnormal in some way. It is normal to not-feel-normal for most of the world.

As I said, I couldn't understand the kinda shit you might have gone through posted overseas. But I sure as hell know what it's like to wallow in self-pity, and let life get the better of you. And that's exactly what you're doing and I think part of you knows it.

Really all it is just a rationalisation to use. "I have PTSD from the military" I betya that line gets most people from questioning your denial. The old War Hero, true Patriot. Give him a break. Actually that's a fucking gold line to get people from hassling you. I woulda really exploited that one. Hats off for that.

But while you're telling that lie to yourself and the people around you to justify your continued use of drugs, you're actually throwing away more and more of YOUR life. And you only have one life. This time you could be spending actually dealing with your PTSD, learning to live with it and even grow from it and becoming a stronger person. It's a choice. And I firmly believe that.

Post subject: Benzo's and Bup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:55 pm 

Hey Pr0oph,

I am in agreement with TJ and Orange Doll. You said it yourself "The other thing is that I take Dilantin everyday, bc I have had seizures from w/d's both from opiates benzos, but it started from abusing cocaine & extasy.

Do you really think you can take Xanax w/o taking more than prescribed? Bup and Benzo's just don't mix and that is why the majority of Dr's won't give you any if you are on Sub. Yes, there are people here who will say they take it and it is just fine. But my guess is they are taking it as prescribed. I was prescribed .50 Xanax and took two instead of one after taking my regular dose of 4mgs of Sub. Wow! I got all loopy and was dreaming while awake. And don't even think about driving when mixing those two.

But you know yourself better than we do so it really is up to you and your doctor. I seriously doubt he'll give you any though, not with your history and all. I'm not picking on you, we all have an addicts history and that is precisely why it isn't recommended to mix the two.

Keep seeking recovery and we'll keep supporting you.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TeeJay wrote:
Do people inject their take-home doses of methadone in the US like they do in the UK and Aus?

Most clinics will mix juice or something in take homes so I doubt it happens often I mean nobody's shooting koolaid up lol. But if u get a lazy nurse that doesn't mix it than yea I'm sure pepople do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:51 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

TeeJay-

Just for the record, I've been around clinics in multiple states and most dose with liquid, some like BBoy said mix with Koolaid or some sort of juice before dosing but alot don't. Everyone I know who has been on Methadone in varying stages of recovery has attempted to inject it at one point or another, myself included, few that I know personally soley inject their doses.

T

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree with TEEJAY.. I just read this whole thread and a few things got my attention.. the OP said sometimes he takes 1pill, sometimes 1 1/2 and sometimes 2.. in order to claim youre on sub for maintenance, shouldnt you at least be on the same dose daily? You cant expect a doctor to write you a script and tell you to just take whatever you feel you need that day. The other thing that caught my eye was that the OP said this was the 3rd time something like this has happened, what did the OP tell the doctor was the reason for this happening the first 2x? I was reading and the OP went from asking if they should call the doctor on Monday or wait till Wednesday when he was in withdrawals then came back the same day saying they didnt need to call the doctor for a new script because they were gonna stay at that dose and just ask for xanax.. didnt the OP say that as of Sunday they were out of meds and it was still another whole week before their fill date? What all of a sudden happened that they now have enough meds till their fill date? It clearly sounds to me like addict behavior and im sure the doctor will see right through it. This is a recovery forum so why someone would ask our help in how they could obtain more drugs from their doctor is crazy. Also I did want to say that pharmacys are not playing GOD as the OP had said, they have laws they have to follow as well, regardless of what the doctor writes on a script. I once had 2wks worth of my meds stolen and the doctor wrote me a new script, my pharmacy would NOT fill it, by law they were not allowed to fill it any earlier than 3 days.. my doctor had to change my script in order for them to fill it and I had no insurance at that time either. I hope the OP does not get caught going to different pharmacys until he finds someone to fill that script.. that could potentially land him right in jail. The script he had was illegal, even if the doctor had the date and everything right. When a doctor writes a new script before the 30days is up they have to write it a certain way or it should not be able to be filled.. the doctor probably didnt know that because they hadnt written early scripts before. I agree that the OP basically "tricked" a pharm into filling it because it is def. illegal unless done the right way. Im not trying to sound mean or rude, but please seek treatment.. seeing a sub doctor once a month is DEFINITELY not treatment in any way, shape or form.. NA meeting really cant be considered treatment either.. you need to go somewhere that is going to help you deal with your addiction. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:08 am 
I got outta the army last year and also did a tour in Afghanistan last year aswell. I'm diagnosed with PTSD and it gave me a 30 percent disability rating. I'm prescribed subs and ativan. Now i'm scripted to take one mg a day. Split in two 0.5 doses. You know how often i take it? Two to three times a month. Very seldom. and i haven't abused it. I was on klonopin years ago... Daily. You do NOT want to get into taking benzos. Trust me. Sure you can get a buzz and nod a little if you mix the two... benzos and bupe. But seriously it's playing russian roulette everytime you mix two downers. In fact i can't think of a more dangerous combo with bupe then with benzos.

If you ever hope to get clean one day in life. You will have wished you did not pick up and take benzos. They should not be used for no more then 3 weeks at a time. Benzo w/d is far worse then opiate withdraw, in my opinion. You know why it's nice to have them prescribed to take everyday and not use them everyday? They are good to get off of my current habit of suboxone. Oh and the thought of withdrawing from bupe and benzos is something i wouldn't wish on anyone. You know what helps anxiety a little. Excercise. PT PT PT. Or as they say "PT is free"

Why are there so many vets that are on here as opiate addicts? Jeez... This is like the vietnam scene all over again. Cheers, from one vet to another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:56 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

To the person original person who posted..You just answered your own question. Print out your second post and read it to your dr.

Snake