It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Suboxone has been an amazing savior along with therapy and group meetings.

I was 14 when I started using opiates. And by the time I was 17 I was taking 15 Vicodin at a time!
It was terrible. As I got older my tolerance got higher and I started using stronger drugs.
I was at a dead end and had lost everything when I stated the fentanyl patches. My fiancé my loving family. At $50 a piece and needing one every day I was broke fast.
I lost my home and was bouncing around. "Couch surfing" as my father would call it. When I looked over at my beautiful baby boy and realized I wasn't just wasting my life I was ruining his as well.
So I called my fiancé and told him I wanted to come home and get help.
He dropped me off the next day at a suboxone treatment center that detoxes you on suboxone and then sent you home with some until you found a provider.

It was a real lifesaver and truly is my "wonder drug"

Have any questions ask away. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)

Hope somebody replies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:38 am 

Congratulations, Jasmine, on turning your life around! When you're in the crosshairs of addiction it's so hard to make that phone call and get help! But it's also a big relief, at least it was to me. Your baby boy is definitely worth it and so are you!

Do you have a therapist who specializes in addiction and have you already found a provider? How long were you in the rehab facility? How long have you been out?

I'm so happy that your fiance was still willing to help you when you reached out. Has your family come around now that you sought help? I'm sure that they want the best for you, even if they don't express it very well. Have you gotten any judgement from them about going on a maintenance medication? I hope they've noticed what an amazing transformation you've been through. It really is life-changing and life-saving.

Please tell us more about your story! And let us know if there's anything we can do to help. There is so much collective wisdom on this forum.

Good luck on your recovery!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Amy!
I have been on suboxone 4 months and 1 week now!
After the detox I found a provider very quickly. And my therapist does specialize in addiction. She shares the office with my doctor.
My fiancé and I are back together and I moved back home with him. And the wedding is back on! His family has been very supportive in all of my recovery. They really think the maintenance meds are helping me and are happy that I am on suboxone.

Unfortunately I had to cut my family out of my life. My dad is an opiate addict like myself and he only called when he was trying to sell me something or beg for some suboxone when he was sick. My mother is an alcoholic and she wasn't very understanding. I still talk to her once in a while but that is not a good environment for a recovering addict. All she does is drink and party.

Yes thank you my son and myself are very worth it!
My little boy will be 3 years old in March.

Thank you for replying. I think I answered all of your questions if I didn't remind me which ones I missed and I will be more than happy to answer them.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi HappilyJasmine,

Welcome to the forum!!

Threads like these are my absolute favorite. Reading how an addict was so far in the gutter, then they find Suboxone and their whole lives turn around.....it never ceases to amaze me what a fantastic tool Suboxone is for an opiate addict. I'm glad you found Suboxone and I'm glad to hear how you've turned your life around. Good on ya!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Romeo!
I am very happy that I found suboxone. It is an amazing tool for opiate addicts!
It saved my life, my son, my relationship with my fiancé and my family.

I lost my job, but I've got a better one now!
I lost my car but I have a better one.

I am grateful for suboxone and I am grateful for my therapist and doctor!
And I've got a lot of support from another forum like this one!
And I'd live to help anybody on this forum who needs it. Wether it be support or just some advice. I'll do my best to help anybody!