It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:48 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am just gonna be completely honest. I have been an opiate addict for 18 years. I have been to different rehabs numerous times. I always relapse. Addiction involves so many different issues. It's not as clean cut as just "stopping the abuse of the substance". But that's a whole other issue. Right now I am just really disgusted and discouraged. I really believe suboxone is the right choice of plan for me. But even it seems impossible. Usually by the time an addict reaches a point that they want help they have already lost all or most of their resources (job,transportation,income ect.)Few even have medical insurance. Suboxone is expensive. I live in the country and the nearest prescribing doctor is 20 miles or more from me. I have no job or transportation. I have no family members or support of friends. All the people I know that are on suboxone have to sell half of it illegally to even be able to pay for it. That defeats the whole purpose and keeps them in the destructive cycle of addiction cause they will eventually get caught and go to jail. I have got past chasing the dragon. I no longer search for the high. I just want to feel normal so I can function and be productive in life. I am fully responsible for my child and my sick father. I have to do what I have to do to get suboxone from the streets so that I can maintain any kind of condition so that I can take care of what I have to take care of. I want to stop and pursue things the right way. My life and the life of my child is on the line here. But I am begining to think it's never gonna be possible for us to have the life I want us to have.I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:16 pm 

Good to see you back here, BD, unless you are a new beautiful disaster. In which case, welcome!

I think that the best chance for you to get on suboxone is if you're on medicare. I know it takes some work to get on it, and I know that quite a few sub doctors don't take medicare patients, or insurance patients period! The only good news is that the price of sub generics are coming down. Is it possible for you to get even a part time job? Is there any way you could move to more populated area that would present more possibilities? I haven't had to fight to get on sub. I am lucky. I hope some people respond who have had the experience of struggling to get on sub. They may be able to give you better tips.

:)
Amy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

To the best of my knowledge, every Suboxone doctor has 3 openings for patients who can't afford Suboxone and the makers of Suboxone pay for the med.

I think it's called the Suboxone Patient Assistance Program.

I'm not coming up with any ideas on transportation for you, though.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:39 pm 

Hi BD1,

Considering we don't know you it's hard to give opinions. You obviously receive some money to put food on the table,etc. My guess is it's your father helping you out. Is he a person you can talk to openly? If so, tell him your struggles.

All I could think of was what Romeo suggested. The assistance program. It's good for one year I think and then you have to re-apply. How to get to the doctor would depend on the public transportation available to you, if any.

Do you go to church? I know so many good people of faith who would step up in a minute to help you out. It may be wise to start going to which ever church you were raised on.

That's about all I got. Hopefully something will open up for you.

rule

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:30 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I feel for you.. Even having things I felt hopeless and helpless I know it is hard.. Can you go to a AA or NA meeting? I know you would get some help there... I know there are coupons for suboxone I am going to my outpatient program tomorrow and I will get more info.. What ever you are feeling will pass.. If you are truly working on getting clean or staying clean give yourself some credit ..enjoy the moment ! It is true we only have today .. I don't know how you feel physically .. It seems when we are doing the Right Thing doors open.. Most of the time they doors that we don't even know exist..Take care .. I will check in tomorrow ..