It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello kind folks,

Brand new to the forum, I've been reading a few tapering stories, but I'm confused as to why in the stories I've read thus far, people choose to jump off at a certain relatively small dosage. I've been hoping I can continue the taper on down to pretty miniscule doses...perhaps less than .10 per day to mitigate wd symptoms to the very extent possible. Is it possible to subdivide the medication to such small doses? Is there a liquid form perhaps that could be measured accurately? Probably not, or people would be doing it I suppose.

I realize there's no free lunch, but I've always assumed that it's at least possible to taper down from full agonist so gradually that discomfort is minimized. If so, why not with a partial?

Greatly appreciate any help...

A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I should have read a bit more before posting. I see this is possible after all. Apologies for the unnecessary question!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hello there Arty! And Welcome to the forum! No need to apologize! There is an awful lot of reading on this
forum, and to do it all before you start asking questions~Could take forever! LOL!
If you haven't found it yet, Diaryofaquitter has a great thread on doing a liquid taper. It's in the Stopping Suboxone
section, all the way at the top, and its a sticky.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. That's what we are here for. This is a pretty great group
of people who don't mind answering questions, no matter how many times they've been asked in the past.
Especially if it's been a while since someone asked. The threads can get buried pretty quickly with new ones.
Hopefully you can find what you are looking for here, and let us know if we can help! Best of luck to you in
your taper! When are you planning on starting?

Take Care~[/font]

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes! You can get to very small and uniform doses of sub. Quite easily. Use a "hole punch" on a 2 mg strip and out pops around a .25 dose of suboxone. Cut that in 1/4 and 1/2 and work it from there. Final doses can be way less than 10% of 1 mg and make the jump much more tolerable (there will still be some pain but not near as bad). After 10 years Im clean thanks to this!