It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone, This is a great forum. It's helping me out. Went to doc and got my Prescription filled yesterday for Subs, 8mg. They did not start my meds at the clinic but told me to start that day and of course i have not started. Was told to take one pill twice a day based on the amount of Narcotics I was taking. I was taking about 8mg didlalud and 50-80 mg Hydro's. But since going to my first appointment I have not been taking any Hydro's only Dilalud and have increased that amount. I know it's insane. Bottom line I have been taking 5-4mg dilalud a day for the past 4 days. I plan on starting the subs tomorrow so my question is-do you guys think that 2 of the 8mg subs per day will be enough since I have increased the amount i have been taking. Should I just take one when the W/D starts and evaluate from there? Any suggestion would greatly appreciate. I hate getting sick. I am a big baby!!!!! Been in recovery clean and sober for 12 years. Fell off due to various health problems and went back to doing what I knew to do to feel better. Been in relapse about 9 months and it's all gone downhill from there. Thanks to everyone. This forums has really helped me to understand more about this drug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Perry1161, I am anxiously awaiting 5:00 p.m. today to start my induction. I took my last oxycodone yesterday at five and am in full blown withdrawals as of now :shock: My doc gave me the capability to take 16mg per day. What she told me was to take 4 mg and wait at least one to two hours and see how I feel. She told me to repeat this process until I felt well and then stop. I brlieve the goal is to be 100% stable on as little of a dose as possible. I believe this makes for an easier exit strategy down the road if that is your goal. Right this second I am in living Hell :twisted: Congrats on taking the first step. I dont know if you are like me but it seems as if everything I ultimately like doing jacks me up!!! Oh the saga of being an addict. Peace Moto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for replying. It's good to be able to communicate with people who understand. I am living this lie and feel all alone. So you are starting your meds 24 hours since your last oxy. Wow that great to be able to hang in there and stretch it out. Will be very interested in how you are doing with your first pills. Will be thinking about you as you go trough this. Please keep us posted on how its working for you. I need some HOPE at this point. Very depressed with my situation I placed myself back into AGAIN!!!!... Thanks

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hang in their brother. I am 71/2 years clean from a meth habit that cost me a 12 year partnership in buisness. I am a leader in a 12 step Biblical based recovery program as we speak. You want to talk about living a lie!! I thought the drug lifestyle was behind me. I was involved in a dirt bike crash almost 3 years ago, almost died and had my spleen removed. I was on a Dilotin drip for ten days and left the hospital with a prescription of 120 percocets a month. Although not living the typical life of a drug addict the end results are the same. I will be posting on how my induction goes. We need to go easy on ourselves yet kick ourselves in the ass if you can relate to what im saying. I know me and if I give myself an out, I will take it. Peace Moto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's my understanding that I need to be in moderate W/D to start the subs? If not I may cause my W/D to be worse? Not sure how that works but at this point I am willing to follow directions. Just want my life back!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:17 pm 
I dont quite understand how much you are taking because you said you were taking 8mg dilaudid but then you said you increased your dose and are at 4-5mgs, in any case yes 16mgs of suboxone will be plenty to get rid of your withdrawal symptoms you will be feeling like you never had an opiate problem once the subs kick in provided you wait until you are in enough of withdrawal. 8mg of dilaudid is not even close to enough to make subs not work so dont worry about that you will be fine. Hope everything goes well for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys! Sorry to hear you fell back into the miserable world of addiction after being clean so long ( shit happens, shake it off ,your still alive right? LOL) Just trying to cheer up the mood and let you know there is light on the other side of the tunnel. I am currently in the maintenance stage of my Suboxone treatment and have been on Suboxone for 1 year and 5 months. I remember my induction like it was yesterday yet it feels so far away, life is great now ( well except for the minor nuances of life, you know being broke and such, lol). Ok, enough of the joking and back to the business of getting you clean again. I myself was alone in my battle with the secret addiction so I know where you are coming from. While I am surprised to hear the Doctor has you doing your own Induction at home I am going to give you my short version of my first couple of days. Number one is most important since you are doing this by yourself and not under your doctors supervision. When I went for my induction I had to be clean for 24 hours ( while Ive read many others who say you can do it sooner, I would wait the 24 or at least as close to the 24 as possible to avoid a very nasty situation called precipitated withdrawal , Google it). You should be in withdrawal, just make sure you feel like shit and then wait a little longer to be safe. Next, as one of the the other members said you should break the pill into four equal portions, this will give you four pieces that are 2mg each, while this may not seem like alot, Suboxone is a very strong medication, Ive researched it and found that is is actually 50 times stronger than Morphine. Place one piece under your tongue and let it dissolve on its own, this method takes some getting used to but it is the only method of delivery you should use. Make sure to take a few drinks of water before placing it under you tongue to moisten your mouth and help with the absorbsion. It should take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes to dissolve completely so make sure you can be left alone for that time , no phone calls , talking or opening your mouth period until it dissolves completely. You will now be left with a mouth full of orange disgusting spit. Some people swallow this but there is no need to and I found it to cause severe headaches. You should now wait 1 to 2 hours and see how you feel, if you still feel like shit take another piece and repeat the process until you become comfortable. Be sure to wait the entire time in between doses so you get an accurate indication of your bodies reaction to the medicine. One thing that is very important is to tell someone you will be doing this so that if something were to happen or go wrong they know and will be able to call paramedics, doctor or family member to get you help. Try not to go right to sleep either, the medication has a bad tendency to cause some drowsiness and dizziness and if you are asleep and have a reaction no one will know what the hell to do with you. The doctor should have given you a card to carry at all times in case of an emergency it tells the EMS or who ever finds you that you are on Suboxone and they can treat you accordingly if you are in an accident or some other misfortune. I was started on 12mg a day ( one and a half 8mg pill, I am now down to 6mg a day and doing great!). I'm not sure how they gauge your initial dose but I am convinced that most are started out on way too high of a dose ( this is my opinion only) . Dont be fooled though, its not a magic pill but its pretty damn close! You will experience some withdrawal symptoms but it is no where even close to withdrawal from straight opiates. I had leg and body aches and some pretty bad headaches in the beginning but I was at work the next day! I shit you not! I didnt feel great and lost my appetite for a couple days but I was functioning. Good luck, sorry for the long post but going into this alone is tough and since you are doing your induction at home and not in the doctors office under his/her supervision I figured this was the best way I could help you. Let me know if you need to talk to someone and I will be more than happy to listen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks BiggDogg, I waited 24 hours and just cut my 8mg piece of film in half and took 4mg about one hour ago. Your advice is exactly how my Doctor said to do it. She made it clear to wait 1 minimum but preferably 2 hours to see how I feel. It has been 1 hour since I put it under my tounge. I am very nervous about this working but I think I am really starting to feel It :D I cant Imagine 4 mg working for an addict like myself. I am guessing I will be between 8 & 12 mg to be comfortable. Just a guess which means nothing. I pray this is the bridge to the other side. This site has been a tremendous help. Thank You, Peace, Moto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When it comes to induction, you need to take whatever dosage - no matter how high - to take care of all the withdrawals and the cravings. Those receptors should be fully saturated and the dose comfortably above the ceiling. For those who have been stable for awhile and are on maintenance, then I would agree that the lowest dose possible would probably be best. But in my opinion, in the very beginning, don't worry about going as low as possible. You can always drop down later. It will have no effect later on. Just my take.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
When it comes to induction, you need to take whatever dosage - no matter how high - to take care of all the withdrawals and the cravings. Those receptors should be fully saturated and the dose comfortably above the ceiling. For those who have been stable for awhile and are on maintenance, then I would agree that the lowest dose possible would probably be best. But in my opinion, in the very beginning, don't worry about going as low as possible. You can always drop down later. It will have no effect later on. Just my take.
This is true, the thing that concerns me is that in the original post he mentioned pills and now it says strips. One thing I was specifically told by my Doctor was not to cut or tear the strips like I used to with the pills because the way medicine is distributed on the film is not in any specific manner, this meaning that when cut in half one side may contain more Bupe than the other and vice versa so you cannot get an accurate dose. If you hold the film up to the light you can see what I am talking about, the crumbs are scattered throughout the film in no particular manner. Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've heard the exact opposite about the films - that the bupe IS evenly distributed whereas the pills supposedly aren't. You definitely can cut the films. It's even better than the tablets when it comes to tapering, because you can cut them into even parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

SuboxOWNED Commented- that he didn't understand how much I was taking per day. My bad (not thinking very clear) I have stopped the Hydro's but am up to 20-25mg of Dilalaud per day. Have been at this point for the past 5 days. My question is-Will 8-16mg of subs be enough for me. Thanks everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would think 8-16 mg (give or take) of suboxone will be plenty to handle the withdrawals for you. You'd be surprised at how potent suboxone is. Plenty of people with really bad habits have been fine at those induction doses. If anything, suboxone might actually raise your tolerance - that's how strong it is. Take care and good luck!