It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:53 am 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]

Hello to all and the following discussion will hopefully analyze and interpret different perspectives on SUBOXONE...

This first post is a general response to people who snort suboxone, and my take on it...

I recently tried the sublingual strips and I prefer them to the pill.. they taste the same and they work the same as well.. they are a great alternative.. FOR BEST RESULTS WITH THE STRIPS OR THE PILLS..you MUST put them under your tongue and let them dissolve for 15-20 mins.. also move it around with minimal saliva around your mouth(gums,cheeks, etc..) until you feel a slight "numb" feeling..

REMEMBER.. follow the directions EXACTLY and it will serve you well.. ALSO suboxone needs to dissolve in your mouth because that is why it was designed,, DONT swallow until about 20 mins after dosing,, remember, keep in in your mouth like a warrior and you will have the most effective results..

Now snorting it is not only wasting it, but it also is very bad for you as well.. Really the waste is the biggest issue, because you only get an instant high for about 20-30 mins then it dies off..NOT TO MENTION THE REDUCED HALF-LIFE!!! think of it this way,, snorting it will only allow you to absorb about 30-40% where as placing it under your tongue will absorb 80-100%... do the math,, snorting it is wasteful, pure and simple...

you will find by taking suboxone the RIGHT way will allow you to not only effectively manage your withdrawl symptoms better, but it will

1)Help you taper off (cut down) your doses by using less but to its FULL potential..

2)eliminate on-going damage to your lungs, nose and throat(upper respiratory system)

3)eliminate that "reward" mechanism in your brain that produces euphoria when you snort, eventually eliminating the compulsive/obsessi ve associations with drug use(i.e snorting, shooting, smoking etc.)

4)Make quitting opiates a piece of friggin cake compared to other alternatives. giving you overall satisfaction and freedom from a hell of a rotten drug...

TIP: SUBOXONE ISNT MEANT TO BE A RECREATIONAL DRUG,, ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO TRIGGER THAT REWARD MECHANISM. IT WAS DESIGNED TO RE-CONDITION YOUR MIND AND BODY TO EVENTUALLY BE ABSENT OF ILLICIT DRUG USE... SNORTING IT AND USING IT RECREATIONALLY DEFEATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE, AND YOU WILL BE STUCK WITH THAT FEELING YOU GET WHEN YOU SNORT!! THINK ABOUT IT/..

just like they say the needle user isnt just addicted to the dope, but also to the needle... well I hope this clears all confusion,, and I hope those who are snorting choose to take suboxone the right and better way.. well goodbye for now and good luck with your battle... -sam

p.s. if you have any other questions, whether discreet or open please email me anytime and I will respond.. I promise..

Sam Gilbert

Post subject: Another food for thought
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:13 am 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Century Gothic] [/font]
I also wanted to explain a little bit about myself...
I am 23 years old and I started using opiates about 3 years ago, it wasnt until about a year and a half that I started using heroin.. Fortunately I only snorted it and never shot up.. I suppose my phobia of needles was a good thing for me..
anyways, I have never been to a doctor or rehab for my problem, I just sought advice form several resources..\
I now purchase suboxone from a friend who doesnt use them .
I do this because I do not have 300 dollars for doctor visit NOR do I have an extra 300 bucks for the prescriptions, therefore i am stuck for now..
regardless of that, I have been clean from heroin and all other opiates for 6 months and I strictly use suboxone every day..
I SLOWLY have been fluctuating my doses over this period, BUT recently(the past 2 months) I have been practicing the TAPER system, and it is successful so far..
Unfortunately I am human and I do slip up by sometimes taking 6mg rather than my daily dose of 4mg per day..
but for the most part I am doing much better and I hope to have a STABLE supply so i can begin my off suboxone in a month plan.. Right now I have to buy them when I have money, so I really need a doctor, but for now, I have a trusted reliable source...
anyway my point is..
we all have different methods, backgrounds, lives(etc.)
It is true that we all have out needs and wants..
It is true that each one of us have different interests and triggers
Knowing this, I believe that every individual is different in their recovery,,
and a thorough examination of a personalized "what works" is the best way to handle recovery, in my opinion..

my point is..\
I believe that all of us who are recovering need to continually challenge ourselves in EVERY aspect of our lives..
that we as humans need to always remind ourselves of who we really are and what are our goals for life...
AIM BIG!!! the sky is the limit...

well i hope my rambling has helped...
thankyou for reading...

Sam Gilbert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your story. I think it sucks that you're left to buying sub off the street. Ideally you would be able to see a doctor who can monitor your treatment. Are you aware there is a Patient Assistance Program through the manufacturer that will cover the cost of the medication for a year? It's for people without health insurance. Regardless of the fact that you're getting it off the street, it is a good thing that you've stopped using your DOC. Also, please just know that short term sub use only - especially for people under 30 - has an extremely high rate of relapse. Just keep that in mind and remain vigilant; be prepared to deal with the triggers and cravings that will inevitably happen as you get lower and lower in dose. I wish you the best and hope you succeed with your plan. Again, welcome. I'm confident you will find the information and support here that I have.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum. Hat made some good notes and I don't have muchh to add except that I am uncertain if the absorption rates you noted in your original post are correct or not. I think even with the sublingual film you are only getting maybe 40-60% absorption and that is from memory which isn't always that good.

Anyways - good luck with your tapering.

-Jack

- Winston Churchill

Post subject: so confusing!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jackcrack wrote:
Welcome to the forum. Hat made some good notes and I don't have muchh to add except that I am uncertain if the absorption rates you noted in your original post are correct or not. I think even with the sublingual film you are only getting maybe 40-60% absorption and that is from memory which isn't always that good.

Anyways - good luck with your tapering.

-Jack

This is so confusing to me.....So, if I am taking 1.5 mg of the film, am I taking (maybe) the equivalent of 4 mg of tablets? How frustrating!!! How can I possibly know how much I am really taking, then, or how far down I need to go before jumping? If I taper to 1/16 of a film, that should be 125 micrograms, yet since it's the film, I really have no clue the true amount, right? I don't get this whole bioavailability difference and why no doctors seem to know about it. My doctors insists the tablets and the films are the same. He looked shocked when I suggested otherwise.

To the OP, welcome to the forum. You had some interesting and smart words of advice. I feel strongly about the snorting Suboxone thing. Suboxone is a recovery drug. People need to realize that if they abuse it, they are setting themselves up to lose the option of using it in their recovery. THAT is the biggest waste of all. For anyone even thinking of abusing Suboxone by taking it other than through the membranes in your mouth....do not do it!!! Keep it sacred. Don't cross that line.

laddertipper

Post subject: Re: so confusing!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

laddertipper wrote:
This is so confusing to me.....So, if I am taking 1.5 mg of the film, am I taking (maybe) the equivalent of 4 mg of tablets? How frustrating!!! How can I possibly know how much I am really taking, then, or how far down I need to go before jumping?
laddertipper

Listen to your body.

Use the force.

Post subject: Re: so confusing!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tearj3rker wrote:
laddertipper wrote:
This is so confusing to me.....So, if I am taking 1.5 mg of the film, am I taking (maybe) the equivalent of 4 mg of tablets? How frustrating!!! How can I possibly know how much I am really taking, then, or how far down I need to go before jumping?
laddertipper

Listen to your body.

Use the force.

LOL!! Okay, thanks. I'm all clear on it now. Actually, I'm not joking. I think that's the best answer there is. I thought about it, and whether someone is on the tabs or the films, their absorption will differ anyway. So, my absorption is my absorption and all I know is I am going down, down, down.....

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tearjerker,

You seem to have mastered Rule62 and I love it!! I'm getting there, slowly but surely!! :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Not to Swallow?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:08 pm 

Welcome to the forum Samuel. The only part of that I don't understand is the "not swallowing" part. Where did you read that on the instructions?

There is no way I can NOT swallow for 20 minutes. I just let it dissolve naturally and swallow without thinking about it and it works quite well.

I just wondered if it says that somewhere or if it's just your opinion?