It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:08 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Heres a new one-does anybody purposely stop taking their subs during the month to lower yr tolerance? I can go 3 days w/o a dose and feel fine then I take 16mgs after waiting 72+hrs from my last 16mg dose, sometimes 3 strips. Should I trick my brain by going w/ micro doses through the month, not taking above 4 every other day, then at the end ov the month do 16mgs? Ive been playing around w/this w/o getting sick, for instance I didnt dose today. These used to get me soo blitzed and last a long time and fight off my crazy dreams from 'anti'depressants/psychotics and now the effects arent as effective lol. They seem to keep me even tempered and as an artist I can get inspired again, but I still wanna get high dammit! :x I know theres some 'experimenters' out there, tryin to have our cake and eat it too, even if for only a couple daze :P It reminds me ov thee methadone clinic years, doubledosing on saturdaze, getting a once a weekend kick. I want to be in charge ov the meds, hit the reset button I guess is what im trying to achieve is an engendered discipline to not take them even though you got 30 strips for the month and be able to get waxed a couple times a month, a suboxone chipper I was until I full blown went to the clinic b/c I was tired ov swapping my valiums, I need those. This is a very rececnt return and im trying to keep things going my way. Im a crusader ov flipping the doctors out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:21 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I used to do this. not willingly though. I would abuse my meds then be down to a quarter of my dose by the time I went to see the doc again. I would get a pretty good buzz for the first couple days after my refill and then be back to usual. Some of us are just fucked up and will be forever. now i'm on a relatively low dose and tapering cuz i want to get to Iboga but its still tough sometimes like those days when you feel like crap and you know double dosing has a chance of making you feel better. needless to say this is not healthy from a recovery standpoint but reality is that we are addicts and i would bet many addicts do this with their sub at one point or another wether they have the balls to admit it or not. I think sub is a good method of getting your shit together again but sometimes I have felt it is no different than a Rx for narcs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi sidney sickness.................
Im not sure if your really asking a question, or???????

and yes I think probably 90% or something like that of people being treated for "addiction" have probably tried to catch SOME form of a 'buzz' one way or another, from suboxone..................

for me, i dont know, it was pure dissapointment,,,,,,,,,,,,,First off, even when I was out of meds for 4 or 5 days,
and I took a full dose again, I didnt get "euphoric" more RELAXED than anything else, cuz I was pretty tense/anxious by the time day 5 rolled around, LOL
It was NOWHERE near a REAL opiate "relaxed" and noddy kinda feeling.................which is GOOD for me, I think or I wouldn't have made it, as far as I have :roll:

Honestly, all it did was make me feel GUILTY for TRYING to catch a buzz, or make me feel like I proved soo many
''haters" they were RIGHT, by doing so.

If you really lowered your dose, that would lower your tolerance, if that was the question you were asking.
THEY SAY,,,,,
(but I dont KNOW) that suboxone acts more like a FULL AGONIST when taken in doses below 4mg I think?
something like that.

anyways, that's about all I got on the subject. LOL
I haven't been outta meds like that, in a long while now. I've stayed pretty consistent. TRYING to get away with 4mg a day,
but Im NOT THERE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Yet.
trying though.

Good Luck,
if I didnt answer your question (if you had one) Please just 'summarize' or something and I'll try to answer it,
and
[marq=right]*******WELCOME*******[/marq]

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I agree with birdcatcher and Amber... I think we've all tried to get "high" of our subs at one point or another, we're addicts.

What Amber said about feeling guilty tho, fits me to a T. The couple of times I tried to "use" more, I just ended up feeling extremely guilty for trying it. I felt guilty because of the "haters" too... All those people that I've read about saying that getting on suboxone is just replacing one drug for another and the few people that I told in real life who said the same thing... I was pretty sure before I started treatment that I would abuse the meds, of course I thought that, I am an addict. I tried taking a higher dose on some days, but I never, ever got the full affect and never felt "high". Maybe I didn't take enough or go without for long enough, but the only thing the extra sub ever did for me was make me feel tired, didn't give me any extra energy or give me that great feeling I got when I was in active addiction. I just felt dissapointment and then the guilt would set in....

I'm not going to try to lecture you, sounds like you already know that this isn't the proper way to use your meds if you're trying to get clean, it's not a proper way to go about recovery... but, it does sound like maybe you want to change this behavior and you can get there if you want to. Just don't keep repeating this pattern. Stick to your dose or lower it permanently, whatever your actual goals are with the suboxone, and stop trying to get that "high". You may not get it again anyway, sounds kind of like that where you're at.

Good Luck tho and Welcome to the forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:10 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanx for yr replies!

Post subject: Messing with your dose
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:53 pm 

I'll admit I'm in the club of Sub abusers at one time or another. When I was first induced the Dr. gave me 24mg's which was a lot for my system to handle. Immediately I went down to 16mgs and of course had some left over. When I took my prescribed dose of 24mg's again I found that it gave me a nice little buzz for awhile. That only lasted a couple of months until I joined here and took the advice of other successful addicts.

Late last year I had my dose down to 1mg. And just like Amber said, whenever I took even .25 more it gave me one heck of a buzz. So yes, I too have dabbled in the abuse of my medicine but now I just take it as prescribed unless I have some bad pain and then just a little more. Never in 2½ years have I run short. Just before I got sick last year I had over three full boxes of Suboxone in my cupboard. Thank my lucky stars I had it 'cause I sure needed it for pain later.

Admitting it is progress too. Keep on keepin' on.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you really wanna catch a buzz ... you could always take some naltrexone to reset your tolerance ... then wait til it's out of your system and then have some Sub...

Though I think the pain of precipitated withdrawal would probably outweigh the pleasure of taking your Sub.

This was not a serious suggestion by the way and I highly recommend you don't try it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TeeJay wrote...........

you could always take some naltrexone to reset your tolerance ... then wait til it's out of your system and then have some Sub...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isn't that what happened to YOU, teejay?????

I remember Something about the story........and how you havent been the SAME SINCE????
something like that..........

Sure doesn't sound FUN to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kinda semi but also not really

Took 50mg Naltrexone the day after I had my daily 100mg methadone. I didn't do it cos I wanted to get high. I missed the clinic's Friday closing hours by 5 minutes and ... I wanted relief or something to get me by for the weekend but I was also really sick of taking methadone and wanted out.

If I knew the pain I was in for, I wouldn't have considered it. I know many women say men have no comprehension of real pain... But I reckon taking naltrexone while on methadone is probably up there with childbirth as well. Jumping off 100mg methadone is 30 hellish days of acute withdrawal. Imagine compressing all those 30 days into 1 day. Normally they put people under general anaesthesia before they induce withdrawal with naltrexone.

I dunno if it changed me but I definitely came up with a twisted way of coping with the pain ... it probably turned me into a masochist for a lil while there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:01 pm 

Maybe this thread should be moved to "Still Messing Around". I'm not being judgmental because the same thoughts have run through my mind, but for the vulnerable new sub user, maybe it shouldn't be in "Side Effects". Just a suggestion.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah I'm with ya there.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would bother with this. If you wanna get high, fucking ... take a real drug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:30 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I agree with amy and teejay,

This post should be moved to the still messing around section.

I guess posts like this bother me a little bit? Im sure not perfect but I dont think this is the place to talk about how to get buzzed from suboxone. There are other forums for that. Like bluelight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[marq=right]*****TOPIC MOVED*****[/marq]

Due to member(s) requests :wink:

If anybody has any questions/concerns/complaints feel free to PM me, or another *active* moderator

:wink: Thanks :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:43 am 
TeeJay wrote:

Took 50mg Naltrexone the day after I had my daily 100mg methadone. I didn't do it cos I wanted to get high. I missed the clinic's Friday closing hours by 5 minutes and ... I wanted relief or something to get me by for the weekend but I was also really sick of taking methadone and wanted out.

If I knew the pain I was in for, I wouldn't have considered it. I know many women say men have no comprehension of real pain... But I reckon taking naltrexone while on methadone is probably up there with childbirth as well. Jumping off 100mg methadone is 30 hellish days of acute withdrawal. Imagine compressing all those 30 days into 1 day. Normally they put people under general anaesthesia before they induce withdrawal with naltrexone.

I dunno if it changed me but I definitely came up with a twisted way of coping with the pain ... it probably turned me into a masochist for a lil while there.

Jesus man! I thought I'd experienced some hellish stuff, but that must have been horrendous !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TeeJay wrote:

Something similar happened to a friend of mine. Except he took his friend's naltrexone by mistake thinking it was something else. Imagine his surprise when he went into full blown wds! I had to drive him to the ER that night, he couldn't handle it. He was admitted for 2 days. Crazy stuff.