It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi guys. So I've been on suboxone for a long term codeine addiction last year i tappered from 4 mg a day to 0.25 then i quit. It worked wonders for me but I relapsed this year so I went to the doctor in may to tell him that I'd like to go back on suboxone I started with 1,5 mg a day and lately i was taking 1mg. I've been on it for 3 months now , the problem is that even though i have a prescription this stupid law came in my country and pharmacies aren't allowed to sell suboxone anymore. This is the 5th day without sub the withdrawal isn't very bad but it isn't pleasent either how long do you think it will last? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:18 pm 

raultiberiu,

No one person can say what will happen for you. Some have an easier time with it and some have horrible symptoms quitting it. You may be one of those with mild but long lasting symptoms. Just do it one day at a time and don't give up. The worst thing you could do is go back on the codeine. We have heard here on the forum that some European countries sell codeine over the counter. Thank the stars it isn't like that here in the U.S. or we'd have a bigger addiction problem. But then I may be wrong on that. Your country seems to manage it okay, why can't ours? It would surely help those who take hydrocodone daily who aren't addicts because our D.E.A changed the classification of that drug and now it's hard to get the pharmacies to fill scripts. Why, I cannot say. I just hear the complaints.

Sorry, got off track there. Maybe someone will post their opinion after mine but it is still you, not them. Once you have behind you let us know how it went. Or keep posting your progress so you have our support, okay?

I wish you well.

rule

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just jumped at 16 mgs a day for 3 years. I'm day 8-9 into Wds. Mine are horrible but in managing. Hang in there. You were on a smaller dose so hopefully that helps. But wd while similar in ways us different for everyone. You can do this. I'm praying i can to.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That is a great question everyone starting going through sub wds wonders and asks. You count the days, try to find out when someone (anyone) started to feel better than you feel now. For me it took a good 5 weeks to see the light at the end of the tunnel. And the symptoms were ok to where I could work and do what I had to before the 5 weeks. But they were just unrelentless. Still have some symptoms, too. But know time heals and it gets better.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You replaced one drug with an even more powerful drug. Unfortunately I got duped the same way and got put on subs for a tramadol addiction. Switch back to Codeine or something else with a normal length half life. It will be easier to get off of than subs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Focus Keith227, your response doesn't answer the original question nor does it advance the discussion. Take your tale of WOE over to damn doctors/pharmacist threads and I'm sure you will get support there. For some people tramadol, codeine and in one posters case; even immodium can be just as tough to wean and quit as any other opioid. They have been helped with sub and now can proceed with life and a rational weaning plan, if they so choose.

raultiberiu, what country just stepped back in to the dark ages? If anywhere did this I would have thought the USA would be first.
If you can get some, Catapres, and/or gabapentin can help with the anxiety and some of the muscle tension. Keeping busy and distracted will help as well. Trazadone or Remeron can help with sleep. There is help available if you can access it.
Sorry to hear you having to go through this.
good luck,