It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:08 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

How long do I have to wait to take an opiate if I just took 4mg of suboxone today?

Last edited by brand.Danielle85 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry it took so long for someone to answer your question Danielle, that's generally not the case. It's likely that possibly no one had an exact answer for you. I did a little bit of research about how long it can be detected in a urine test, at drugs.com, answer.Com, and medschat.com, and what I found was anywhere from 4 to 10 days, depending on dose and how long you've been taking it. Now my answer is not a solid 100% scientific at all, just what I found after doing a bit of reading. Your results could certainly vary, depending on what type of test is used, and whether or not your blood or urine is to be tested.

I take it you have a drug test coming up and you're wondering if the sub will show? If you have a legal prescription, it shouldn't be a problem. .. usually that is. Some health care jobs, depending on what state you live in will allow suboxone, some won't. Generally, how it works, if it's a pre- employment screen, is when you go for your drug test, you're asked what prescription drugs you take, and if anything other than your prescribed meds come up, then it's considered a pos. But if nothing else shows up, the lab will usually tell whomever ordered the test that your test was negative for illicit drugs. I'm not sure about tests for probation/parole officers, as I've not had any experience with those.

I'm not sure if my answer helped or was what you were looking for or not, but I didn't want you to think no one was listening:) welcome to suboxforum, and feel free to tell us more about yourself or ask questions you like. We're happy to have you here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

lizzieshug2013 wrote:
Sorry it took so long for someone to answer your question Danielle, that's generally not the case. It's likely that possibly no one had an exact answer for you. I did a little bit of research about how long it can be detected in a urine test, at drugs.com, answer.Com, and medschat.com, and what I found was anywhere from 4 to 10 days, depending on dose and how long you've been taking it. Now my answer is not a solid 100% scientific at all, just what I found after doing a bit of reading. Your results could certainly vary, depending on what type of test is used, and whether or not your blood or urine is to be tested.

I take it you have a drug test coming up and you're wondering if the sub will show? If you have a legal prescription, it shouldn't be a problem. .. usually that is. Some health care jobs, depending on what state you live in will allow suboxone, some won't. Generally, how it works, if it's a pre- employment screen, is when you go for your drug test, you're asked what prescription drugs you take, and if anything other than your prescribed meds come up, then it's considered a pos. But if nothing else shows up, the lab will usually tell whomever ordered the test that your test was negative for illicit drugs. I'm not sure about tests for probation/parole officers, as I've not had any experience with those.

I'm not sure if my answer helped or was what you were looking for or not, but I didn't want you to think no one was listening:) welcome to suboxforum, and feel free to tell us more about yourself or ask questions you like. We're happy to have you here.

4 to 10 days? No. You will only have to wait about 12 hours before you will be able to get high off opiates. I'm positive this wasn't being asked because of a drug test. It was being asked because people who ask these questions are people who only take subs so they aren't dope sick when they can't find or afford dope. That's probably why no one answered. Anyhow, the answer is about 12 hours.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey visa black, the original post seems to have been edited a few times before you chimed in on the question. The original question was about how long it would show up on a drug test. You can see above my answer that the name of the post was even changed. I gave an answer based on what I was asked, and the way the original question was asked sounded as if the OP may have had a drug screen coming up. Didn't even ask how long til they could take another opiate in the original post.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So sorry, I am sorry if I sounded harsh. My apologies! :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No biggie; ) I would've told the OP that we generally don't advise about how long it takes for other opioids to work after sub, since this is a recovery website.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:40 am 

"4 to 10 days? No. You will only have to wait about 12 hours before you will be able to get high off opiates. I'm positive this wasn't being asked because of a drug test. It was being asked because people who ask these questions are people who only take subs so they aren't dope sick when they can't find or afford dope. That's probably why no one answered. Anyhow, the answer is about 12 hours."

That may be true in your case but not in everyone else. It took me almost three weeks to feel anything off a 10 mg Lortab. I was only on 1 mg for months prior to having surgery so your answer is only true for you. It's normally wise to throw in a "IMO" so as to cover yourself.

One of the reasons no one may have answered was because it sounded like a drug seeking post. IMO. No history, nothing to go on. Hopefully I am wrong and the OP came here seeking recovery help. See? We agreed on that part VisaBlack!

Welcome to the forum!

rule