It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey all,

I'm a little over 7 months clean. It's awesome. The RLS has stopped. The indigestion is pretty good (I take probiotics every day now) and the anxiety comes once every couple weeks and just for a couple hours.

The only thing left is sleep, really. I can't sleep a full eight hours, and I wanted to know, at what point were you in your sobriety from Suboxone that sleep returned to normal? You know, those fantastic days before you started doing all this?

I take Ambien, and while it's nice, I don't want to be using it anymore. (It makes me eat large midnight snacks that aren't good for the waistline. Like a sleepwalking zombie, I end up making an oversized sandwich.) It also is a drug, really. I needed it those first months, and I needed it badly. But I'd like to move on from it. (I've had weeks where I didn't take Ambien, and I always needed Zzquil or some other such thing to help).

You guys and gals are awesome, btw! All of you who quit are such an inspiration to me.

~The wocky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL...I can totally relate to the late night eating on Ambien.

I still take it every now and then, but I used to take it every night. I would wake up with food wrappers around me in the bed or weird messes in the kitchen from whatever I cooked in my zombie like state the night before. One night I fell asleep with a bowl of ice cream in my lap. :shock: That is some crazy stuff. Thank God I never tried to leave the house after taking it. I can totally see how that has happened to people.

Sorry, I don't have any answers for you on the sleep issues post sub use. I just had to comment about the ambien.

Q

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hahahah! That's hilarious.

Yes, without fail, I will make food. When I tried to resist the urges, I still made food. I just accept that it's a fact of the medicine now. Haha.

Like you said, it's lucky that it doesn't have huge consequences. I'm not mean on it, begging for more or selling shit I shouldn't sell, much less stealing, to get more. I don't take it during the day.

Having jumped off Suboxone tho, jumping off Ambien should be a piece of cake. My script is up after this and i see the doctor later this month. I'm going to ask that she not give me a new script, I'm thinkin. But I wanted to gauge how hard it was for others who don't use Ambien to sleep.

Glad to hear I'm not the only nut who can't resist a midnight snack on it tho ; P

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're right, there is definitely the potential for abuse. I was bad about taking more than prescribed in the past. You build a tolerance to it very quickly. I am a small framed girl and I can remember taking up to 5, 10mg pills in one night. I wouldn't mean to, but the addict in me would kick in and think I wasn't feeling anything and keep taking more and more. In the morning I would realize it and get freaked out at how many I had taken. The weird thing about that drug is that it makes you feel like you are in complete control of yourself while you are on it. Only afterward do you realize how out of it you really are. If you can remember it at all.

I stopped using it for about six months altogether when I got out of control on it. The main symptom was insomnia for a few nights, but it doesn't last long. There really isn't a WD associated with it other than that, at least in my experience.

It might be a good idea to take a break from it for a bit if what I'm saying rings true for you. :wink:

Good luck!

Q

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

After I got clean from Sub, it took about 4 weeks for sleep to return. I remember staying awake for 7 or so nights straight...what a nightmare. The Ambien stories made me laugh. I only took it a few times and didn't care for it. Once I woke up in the morning surrounded by candy wrappers and the kids huge bowl of Halloween candy on my lap :shock: They were pissed. LOL.