It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

HI, and i apologize, for what is probably a repeat question, but i am exhausted from searches and have some specific questions.

if using 1g/day for 3 years, how long would you have to wait, and is that even under the threshold in which bup even works? How about .75/day.

Also, lets say you want to taper down so that it's less risky. How many days do you have to stay at the tapered dose for that to 'count' as the dose that determines your induction?

i know one answer is 'it's not about time, but about withdrawals level, but i swear, regardless of how many degrees i have or my IQ, i cannot for the life of me work that grading system of withdrawals. my symptoms seem too random---like one symptom is high and one symptom is low on the scale.

thanks so much everyone for the help.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 am 

I was gonna suggest the COWS scale, where u rate ur withdrawal, but I assume that's what ur talking about not really being able to, or want to do it that way. I understand that,if I had to do it that way without a Dr, I'd be all over the place. Do u have a doctor or are u trying to do this solo?

I wasn't a heroin user so I don't know how much ur talking about, so I can't help ya there on that one. But I do know that on a pretty hefty oxycodone habit, I was told by my doctor to wait 32 hrs from my last dose. Others on this forum has been told anywhere from 24 to 36 hrs....So it's not all the exact same, that's why the doctors also use the COWS scale. But if I was just guessing, try to wait at least 24 hrs. Maybe Dr Junig will help answer ur questions.

As far as tapering ur doses before u stop, I didn't do that but I do think that'd be a pretty good idea, I know I've read others do that on this forum. I know I'm not much help on all ur questions but I wanted to answer what I could for ya. Others will be along soon to add their advice.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

JJacobsen (just noticed all the J's in this thread!), please look at my comments in the thread started by 'stickyp'-- the thread that is all in caps. I'm not sure why he was yelling... but you posted a question in that thread too, and I wrote a response there.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If this is your 1st ever induction I would wait 30 hours! Heroin has such a short half life but still wait the 30! I was shooting a bundle a day just to feel normal. A bundle is roughly 1.5 grams here. So I would shoot up at specific times during the day. I waited 17 hours after my last dose and I was in Excruciating Agony! I was literally punching walls and biting on a wooden spoon when I Tried to induce.. The very uneducated Dr forced me to take 16 milligrams of suboxone when I got to the office. I went into FULL blown precipitated withdrawals. When I was taken to the hospital about 30 minutes later I was foaming at the mouth. The E.R Dr gave me a shot of methadone 2 times to get me out of it.

Do not do it too early with that kind of physical dependency! Wait a full 30hrs and only take 2 milligrams at first in case. After you can successfully take 2 milligrams without further discomfort take larger doses to get above the ceiling. It will take you almost 3 days to feel about 90%.

It took me almost a week to fully level out. It took about 6 days to have a solid stool. It took about 9 days to feel solid energy again.. I did not stabilize my 1st 2 attempts. I didn't stabilize fully until I did it freestyle on my own. Use this site! Its an amazing resource..

No matter what happens wait as long as possible. And keep taking the suboxone daily, without any other opiates and you will succede!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How's it going? We haven't heard anything back from you. If you have a chance give us an update thanks! Thinking about you.

Just realized the original post is from the 8th