It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:16 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Should try and wait at least until the second date.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I agree with Teejay. I let mine dissolve quickly and spit it out. If my body absorbs less if the medication, it will be less I have to taper and hopefully less acute withdrawals that I will suffer in the long run. But I am allowed 16 mg. a day and my insurance pays for it. It might be different if I didn't have so much wiggle room. I just can't handle the taste for longer than necessary. :?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:34 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Okay, this is what I do. Half of it is Dr. Junig suggestion.

I put my tablets under my tongue trying to get it as dry as possible before hand. Then, I leave them under my tongue for around 40 minutes which by then they should be dissolved with only a little residue left. Then what I'll do is what Dr. Junig suggests. And that's spreading the left over medicine al laround my mouth with my tongue for about 20 minutes. Try to reach all the places in your mouth with your tongue. This is when I feel the medicine starts absorbing the best. Suboxone absorbs around every part of your mouth especially the buccal and moving your tongue up and down and in the cavities of your mouth really works. I do that for about 20 minutes and then swallow. I know, it takes a lot of time for me but that's how I do it and that's how I feel it really works the best. You can do this with the strips in less time. The saliva built up after holding it under your tongue for so long has little to do with how much is absorbed so long as you do the spreading. It takes a little practice at the first but it really works.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HAHA C1234! Thats funny.

I usually take a swig of mouth wash then do the strip.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

First time here just registered and I feel I could help out. I've been taking subs on off for 3 years and with the strips I find if I place under tongue on both side over the blue veins and then place my tongue down and close my mouth I push my tongue down and forward so that it fills my mouth I can feel my tongue touching all my teeth roof of mouth and base, with that blocking all access for subs to leave under the tongue and it also doesn't not let your mouth fill up with spit if your tongue is filling all the room up in there. Now this works for me after about 30 mins-45 depending how much you let out by talking ect. I try not to talk or open my mouth for anything it's quite time lolz. After 30 min or so you can lift tongue and assess how much is left to dissolve if any.. And I take 3/4 of an 8mg strip 2 times a day after so long you don't even relies what your doing until your nose is stuffy and can't breathe threw it. I'm interested if anyone else does this way or has feedback! Thanks all