It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone, so just like most on here, I've been on subs for bout 8 months on and off. I was on the 8mg/2mg only taking bout an 1/8" nibble twice a day which was enough for me. If start to feel normal after day 8 then I would take one every few days. I have recently stopped taking them because I missed the doc appt and went to long without scheduling..my screw up. So it's been bout day 7 or 8 and I stil feel half energized, bad to semi bad muscle anxiety at night, I have to take a sleeping pill/drink, also have the runs (diahrrea) 2-3 times per day. This also started after doing hot yoga 2 times, almost like it sent my body back into withdrawls I'm also worried I may have some underlying issue causing it. I would think by day 8 I'd be and feel almost normal but I'm not, how I feel is very difficult for me because I have a labor intensive job. How long will these symptoms/effects of being off the subs last???

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:45 pm 

Hi Edge82,

It's anyone's guess just how long it will last. Every person has a different metabolism and some get through it quicker than others. Some say it takes up to a year to feel completely normal again. It goes from one end of the spectrum to the other so who can say. You may be one of those who will sleep after a few weeks or you won't. Take some comfort meds to help if your doctor will prescribe them. Just be careful with those if they happen to be a benzodiazepine.

I hope some other members will help you on this one. In my 5 years of being on Suboxone I've never had to stop completely with the exception of surgery and switching back over to opiates for a short time.

Welcome to the forum!

rule