It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been using lortab 10mg for bout 3years. I started taking 3 a day and was up to 10-15 a day when i decided to get on suboxone on may 18th. I am on 8mg suboxone twice a day. My question is how long should i stay on suboxone? I would like to get off soon as possible so that i dony become addicted to suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hello

welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats on changing your life, and making the decision to get on suboxone to help you do that!!!

first I want to say that being ADDICTED and being DEPENDANT are two seperate things. In my opinion, Im not addicted to suboxone. I dont take more and more and more and lie, cheat, steal to obtain more and more and more.

Im dependant on suboxone, yes.

Now, the topic of how long you want to be on it???
well, thats a hard decision for many people. I'll probably be on for a long time. I take it for pain and addiction though. The last 13 months that Ive taken subxone, have been the best in my life though, I know that for sure!!

heres some good reading material for you
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6608

in that thread, there are some VERY good points about long term and short term suboxone use

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=52393 AND this one too

I encourage you to read BOTH of these threads, to help aid you in the decision of how long to be on suboxone.

the answer may be different for everyone. At least this way you can see alot of different opinions in a small amount of time, and all in the same place.

Hope this helps!!!

WELCOME :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply and the info. I also suffer from back pain but am curious to see if i can live almost pain free life without any meds. I have been on the lortab for so long that i dnt knw whats what so to say. I believe im going to try and taper down off the suboxone and see how i feel and if the pain is too much to handle i can always get back on suboxone but will know that i atleast tried. I have lurked this site for awhile even before getting on suboxone and i really like how helpful everyone is on here so once again thanks.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:58 am 

You're definitely getting close to the point of being somewhat physically dependent on suboxone. Especially since you're still on 16 mg/day. I think more information is required before your question could be answered. You indicate that you were originally on lortab for back pain, although you're unsure whether you'd feel much pain if you were weaned off all narcotic medication. Do you believe you have a psychological/mental addiction to medication, or just a pysical dependence on it?

If you think you would quickly relapse if you are without opiates, it might make sense to keep on Sub and work on the mental/psychological aspect of the disease. If, however, you were only physically dependent on the medication, you may not crave the lortab or any other narcotic and you will be in the clear if you stop sub.

So what is your situation???

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Amy-work in progress it started out as physical dependence but of course turned into mental addiction. It turned to mental bc i liked how i ifelt when i would take the lortab and the energy that it gave me that i really needed. But even before starting suboxone i began to taper down but couldnt go cold turkey and work and take care of my daughter. Since being on suboxone i dont want a pill. Im going to go to counseling and get help with the mental part.