It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i am in the middle of switching doctors... have been taking my boyfriend's prescritption for past month & a half. i want to finally get the hell off suboxone in about a monh or two, need to give my job a notice. i have been on subs for 3 years almost, lately i have been taking about a half a day (used to take 2 a day until my script got messed up.. have been taking half a day for about a month now)
i have 19 months sober off of heroin.

i don't know if when i go to my apt, they will accept me knowing i'm planning on getting off them so soon. so i am not sure if i will be doing this on my own (with my boyfriend & the help of his dr's advice) or with a doctor.

but as for personal experience,, how long should i call off of work? & at what point of my taper should this "vacation" be at? i am extremely dependent on these... :\
i am on strips by the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yay for being sober off heroin for over a year and a half!!! :D

I'm guessin u take half of an 8 mg strip every day?

If your new doctor doesn't except you, it's ok as long as your bf continues being awesome for the next month or two. It's doable to jump w/out a doctor to give u comfort meds

If you are at 4 mg, that is great, because the first hard part of tapering is getting to 4 mg and feeling what it is like to not be totally subbed out all day

I suggest that for the best results, taper down to at least .25 mg per day or less. People seem to tolerate jumping off of .25 mg here, as opposed to 2 mg per day.

I jumped twice at somewhere around .5 mg per day and both times the physical stuff was over in 4 days but then mentally I was just feeling weird about the whole sober thing and so I messed up so I've never made it a week personally but judging off of reading other peoples' things, I would say that if you jumped at 1 mg or less per day, you should not need more than a week off.

When I jumped at around .5 mg per day (thats an average because I was not very consistent day-to-day), I went to work on day 4 both times and felt slightly uneasy and energy at like 75% but no one could tell and I got all my work done and even with a smile on my face.

Some people who jump at higher doses can feel crappy for 2 weeks.

Some people jump at higher doses and never miss a day of work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI

I agree, with the above,,,,,,,in that NO TWO PEOPLE will have the same experience.

heres a couple threads to read, when you have some time............

this one is HOW to get to a low dose, and alot of ppl kinda come on board and tell thier own take on things.....
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=296

and here's a great example of a high jump, and this guy's journey. It was rough for him, but he only missed a day or two of work, TOTAL...................... http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5965

They are both pretty lengthy threads, but WELL worth the read. Kind of like a story for EACH end of the spectrum.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do, or I should say HOW you decide to go..........

if you have any more questions, or need help with anything,
or even need to VENT
just post away!!!!

Hope to hear more from ya soon :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was only on subox for 5 months and I jumped from 8mg/day. Only because I screwed up on my tapering and couldn't stick to lower dosage. At day 5, I was able to pass up my rx that was filled and waiting. Not saying it was easy to tell the pharmacist to keep it, but I did it. I'm only at about a month now but after 4 yrs of the opiate train, I am looking forward to a life of not yelling at everyone in my house, having some natural energy, and sleeping without having to take a pill. Acupuncture and Xanax were lifesavers in that first week for me. Anything to quiet the screaming baby in your brain will help. I am just now getting to some clear thought free of opiates and have a long way to go, but I can tell you it gets easier everyday, at least on the physical tip, the mental pitfalls are the ones you have to watch out for. Anyway, hope the best for you!