It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Would I have to wait longer to start induction if I take methadone ? I'm starting the subs again tomm I'm wondering if I take some meth to take the edge off if it will set me back ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Don't do that, it will set you back. The methadone is longer acting than heroin. The only thing worse than going from H to Suboxone is methadone to Suboxone.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tiny is right, taking methadone will screw everything up. You have to be off all opiates before starting Suboxone.

In your other thread, I posted the actual COWS worksheet that you were having trouble getting. Here's a link to your other thread if you need it.

topic9160.html

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok thanx everyone u guys have been very helpful I'm going to stick it out until tomm I have someone to sit wit me whilE I start the suboxone I'm scared but determined .... Ill keep everyone posted maybe this time next wk I can change my name from imsosick to feeling great lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's great ISS! You have to be determined as hell that you WON'T go back to ANYTHING when you feel bad. Stay as far away from that methadone as possible!!!!!

I would highly recommend that you let the person who will be helping you tomorrow read all of the comments you have received today. Let them look over the COWS sheet and USE IT! Make sure they understand that if you get sick, and you are begging for some H, that they need to make you stick it out and go with the subs only! You need to get all of this stuff lined up before induction so that you can explain it to them while your head is clear and you aren't currently WDing. You know how tricky this addiction is, you want success this time!

I am praying for you. I know you can do it! Let us know how it goes tomorrow. Even if you want to post every 30 minutes, do it. We will be here to help walk you through it! If your friend has any questions have them come here under your user name and ask away k?

Q

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanx for the suggestions I'm feeling hopeful I'm not yet wd but I'm craving H but I'm sticking it out I just can't wait to b H free I'm tired of spending all my money n chasing drugs . I don't want to go to rehab so ima have to make this work you'll b hearing from me tomm I'm sure (:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We're all here for you! This is the easiest way to put heroin behind you and change everything for the better. Just takes a bit of work in the beginning, sticking it out. Will be keeping an eye out for your updates.