It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:25 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everyone,
Im just curious and tried to look it up on several sites but still have not found a answer i prob do half sub or less everyday for the last couple months.I know you can pass a urine drug test 4 to 7 days after you stop taking it but how long does it take to get out of your blood if i were to be tested that way.Ne input or experiences would be great.My baby is due on Christmas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Half of a sub meaning an 8mg tab or a 2 mg. tab? Either way a half of either of those doses is still considerd of a big amount to abruptly quit. Most people report having discomfort for a minimun of 12-14 days when they taper down to a small amount such as .25mg or lower. Are you thinking of stopping before your baby is due? I do not know a lot about sub and pregnancy, but I do know about having a baby. I would definitely look into your options before quitting CT right before you are due. You could experience withdrawl and that paired with a newborn may not be ideal. How long have you been on sub? Have you talked with your Doctor and/or Ob about the situation? I think someone that is more experienced will certainly give you some better advise. I hope you get the answer you are looking for. That will be a very wonderful gift if you actually had your baby on Christmas. If you have a hospital birth, they usually do something special for moms & baby that are born on Christmas day. Good luck & congrats on the impending addition..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i got off of sub at 32 weeks pregnant and had little trouble. but i have tapered down throughout most of my pregnancy.. i started out on 4 mg and worked myself down to less than half of a mg.. what you could do to try to avoid full on withdrawal is every few days take a smaller piece instead of quitting cold turkey...i doint know how low you'd be able to get though since ur due christmas.. BUT since u r full term if u did go into full withdrawal it could send u into labor but everything would be fine bc u r full term.. i have been scared and tried to taper as low as i could to aviod pre term labor bc i am just now 34 weeks. i am due january 16. as far as the testing i dont know.. i dont think they test ur blood unless they have a reason to believe u have been doing anything.. i am curious to know the answer to that though about how long it stays in your blood..r u prescribed them is that what u r worried about?? i wasnt prescribed them and i was so scared to have my son born on them and risk him suffering from NAS and then have CPS come and try to take him from me.. it really scared me.. but let me know how u do!!!