It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The subject pretty much says it all. I'm on my 2nd day of suboxone and 2nd day of no hydrocodones. I still dont have any cravings but i am having anxiety and I think the suboxone is making me feel weird. Or maybe it is the lack of hydrocodones that is making me feel weird...i dont know. It's hard to explain..I just dont feel like myself. I feel really uneasy and I also am so tired but everytime I close my eyes they just want to pop back open! Also, normally I drink alot and I feel like drinkning now but I cant even get a 3rd beer down. I dont know whats going on. I kinda feel scared. So....has anyone else exprienced this? How long did it take to feel normal again? I'm definately not as excited as I was yesterday :cry:

Maybe I should have posted this in some type of support section. I don't have anyone I can talk to about this....well besides the doctor.

I know I know....cry me a river, right? woe is me....

- Phil

Post subject: 2nd Day
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:38 pm 

Hey Phil,

This is the place to "cry me a river" if there ever was one. You are only on day two of Suboxone treatment so I'd give it another week, maybe two to stabilize. How much are you taking, and how much hydro were you taking before? I ask because it may be that you are either taking too much or not enough. Believe it or not, doctors really don't know all that much about Suboxone except for what they were told in their training class. I am almost positive that no matter how much or how little pain meds one was taking, most Dr.'s prescribe two 8mg films to = 16mgs per day. That is way too much for someone who had a 8-10 per day Norco habit going. I was given 24mgs the first day and threw up when I got home. To me that was a symptom of heroin use and knew immediately to not take so much.

So how about some more details about your treatment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the response Rule62. I have been taking on average about 70-80mg of the vicodin a day (7-8 of the 10mg hydrocodones). I also drink atleast 6 drinks a day on average and sometimes alot more. The doctor prescribed me 2mg tablets 3x a day although yesterday I felt like that was too much so instead of taking the 3rd 2mg tablet last night I broke it in half. I had another appointment today and I told him I felt like it was too much because I was dizzy and it was difficult to concentrate. I just felt pretty messed up on that much. Today he prescribed me the films and starting tomorrow I am suppose to take 2 films a day. One in the morning and one at night, they are 2mg films.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:37 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hey Phil, i hear ya! i never had anxiety like that, and couldnt sleep for 3 days. and also felt dumb as a box of rocks! everyone adapts to this med differently, i was so frustrated when i read total success stories. it will get better everyday, just takes time for your system to adjust. i am very lucky to have found this med, and this forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:24 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hiya Phil. Hang in there buddy! All replies are good advice. Rule62 is right on target when he says maybe your dosage is not right. He is also right on target that the 16mg per day is way too much for someone with your habit. That was how many I was taking a day and the 16mg made me absolutely miserable. It wasn't until my doctor and I started adjusting the dosage downwards that I started to feel closer to normal. If it were me, I would cut my dose down to a maximum of 12mg per day and possibly lower.

Pugmommy is right - we all adjust to the drug differently and in our own way and time. I am just telling you from my experience that 16mg was way too much for someone with my using habit.

Take care!