It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:40 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am going to go back to Norco to mask the chronic pain that persists now that I have
been on suboxone for one month, 12 mg in morning, 6 mg in late afternoon.
Suboxone has not been effective in treating my pain. I am an alcoholic and 60s era
doper. In other words booze and lots of it.
Weed and you name I did it from age 16 to 38 years old, clean and sober for 23 years
until I relapsed at age 61, oops, last five years chronic and progressive pain due to
motorcycle accident! 3 years on norco after all avenues of non-addictive remedies
had been explored, quit norco by going to suboxone. pain is not manageable at this
time, How long do I have to be off suboxone before I can use norco again. I wish all those who struggle with pain and opiates good luck! suboxone is not for me. I am
back in AA and took my 30 day chip. No more booze for this alky, I never could control
it. thanks, this is a great forum and very informative--Peace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey olddoper,

Welcome to the forum!!

When I quit Suboxone, I had some test strips for Buprenorphine (the active ingredient in Suboxone) and I was getting a weak negative for Bupe after 3 days, a strong negative on the 4th day. But, you really don't need to go 3 or 4 days before you take a Norco. I'd say once you start feeling wd symptoms from Suboxone, try a Norco and see if it helps.

Have you looked into a med called Nucynta (Tapentadol). Apparently it's a pretty good pain killer, but it doesn't necessarily have the risk of addiction as full agonists? I'm really not that familiar with it, but I know one member here who takes it and says it works well.

I hope you get your pain under control.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:56 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Romeo, thanks for the help, I will look into the medication you mentioned, I appreciate
your response, Peace

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Again, I really wish a Nucynta thread would start here, albeit I only know one person has mentioned being on it but it's one I'm interested in hearing some personal experiences about. :? It IS a CII medication as are oxycodone, methadone and morphine but is seemingly extremely similar to tramadol which isn't scheduled at all in many states.

I know the scheduling system has some issues that could be argued but it seems more like the difference between Neurontin and Lyrica (not-scheduled and CV) than Tylenol and Percocet (not scheduled and CII). So, it would seem that either the restrictions need to be tightened on Tramadol (which I believe to CIII at highest) or lowered for Nucynta (mabe CIII for more CIII narcotic options.) I don't know?!

If Nucynta does, in fact, have weak opioid effects and is somehow 'less addicting' why the CII justification? I understand that it may be beneficial with buprenorphine as it has SNRI-like effects that are often sought adjunctively in narcotic pain management but perhaps the poster here on the two concurrently simply does not experience the opioid effects present in Nucynta at all and it is actually a potent opioid ala oxycodone or fentanyl? I'd like to know more about it..

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.