It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:49 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

how long does a quarter of a sub stay n ur urine. and yes it does show up i just failed at my p.o. office last week

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am not sure about your question. Did you only take 2mg of sub once or is that your daily dose? This would make a difference because of the stacking effect.

As far as sub showing in a drug screen it has to be specifically looked for, it will not show up in a standard opiate test. It is only a matter of time before it will be tested for routinely and it appears that they have started to look for it where you live.

Are you prescribed sub legally? If so I would think there is not much your po could do about it. Of course all court systems are different so I guess it would depend on your court districts stance on sub maintenance. If you were not on it legally, getting a Dr. and a legal script could help you in court.

Please keep us posted as to what happens. There are a lot of people on sub maintenance while on probation and your experience could really help them out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:06 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

no i cant take it legally they wont let me. i got real bad on mophine and realizied i had a problem and tried to taper off everything useing subs that were not priscrbed to me. i failed for bup last week and almost got revolked ive got a 2month old. and i dont want to miss his childhood i know this nwhole situation was very immature. im a long time addict who was on methadone for 3 years got clean n sober n prison,then got back in to my old habbits.(stupid) ive been taking about 2 mg for a month or so just to maintain.the past 2 weeks ive took about 1mg every other day.today is mon i need to know if ill b clean by thur if i stop now

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: I don't know
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:05 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Honestly, I ain't got a clue. I guess it depends on the kind of test they use- accuracy etc. I know bupe is a very long acting drug. I don't know the laws in your state or the condition of your probation..I would try my best to get a script quick and be completely honest with your po....it sucks...in my state they will not allow you to take methadone in jail. Being that addiction, is in the {whatever the hell the medical book is called, dsr..whatever} and is reconized as a disease- one would think they would let you take their medication, right? (sigh) we have a long way to go with that topic! good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

thanks.i guess well see

Post subject: The DSR or whatever...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:30 pm 
DSM-IV = Diagnostic and Statistical Manual volume 4. I've heard five is coming soon..LOL

The American Medical Association and thus insurance companies recognize chemical dependency as a disease. The DSM recognizes each different substance abuse/dependency individually as mental disorders specified by a code. Opioid Dependence is 304.00, Opioid Abuse is 305.50, 292.90 is opioid-related disorder Not Otherwise Specified...

-Travis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Unfortunately Subox stays in our bodies a long time.

I used to use heroin, and pass a drug test 48-72 hours later. A once off use of buprenorphine? I wouldn't even consider doing it if I had a drug-test a week later. Look up how long you test positive for methadone, and I'd even add a bit more.

Unfortunately, as you are not prescribed buprenorphine yourself, your parole office will see it just like any drug of abuse. I've been told they're trialling the use of Suboxone in opioid addicted parolees in America, so they are understanding of these conditions and their treatment.