It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Simple question, How long after taking my Suboxone will it show in a urine drug screen? I ask this because my last few visits my doctor has been telling me my levels were low which doesn't make sense as I take it daily. The only thing I can figure is that because I haven't dosed before my Appointment that day yet. I also have overactive bladder. I need to know when I should take it the night before/morning before so I can have peak levels and not lose my doctor. My doctors appointments are always at 11 AM.
I've looked up other opiates and they say 2-6 hours after dosing but was unsure if suboxone would be the same due to delivery method and such.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:10 pm 

Dr. Junig has discussed this in his blog posts on Talkzone. I searched for "urine levels" and several of his blog posts came up, including:

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/quantitativ ... d-motives/

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/urine-drug- ... -suboxone/

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/optimizing- ... bsorption/

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/on-biodeliv ... enorphine/

If you search this forum under the search button at the top of the page, you will find many threads on the same subject. The links I provided should get you started, but you can search beyond them too. Hope this helps!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:25 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Timtation wrote:
I need to know when I should take it the night before/morning before so I can have peak levels and not lose my doctor.

I would take your dose first thing in the morning just to be safe. Maybe try to drink a little less water before the UA but other than that there's not much you can do. You shouldn't have to worry about losing your doctor if you're following the rules. But I understand that it does happen from time to time. Just let the doctor know you'd be available for a 'test' whenever they need it and if you still have problems maybe ask for a blood test instead. Amy has provided you with some great links for further information. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. Have a good one!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:44 pm 

Yeah everyone is different on what time of day they take their medicine but if I were u, I'd try dosing before u go to ur appointment if u can just to see if that will help any. I wouldn't personally think it would matter regardless as long as it taking ur medication daily but who knows. It would be worth trying just to see.

My doctor always works it out where we should always have our last dose of medication the day u see him but there's so many ppl I hear talking about not having their medicine that day..... I assume they overtook their medicine maybe, and that happens sometimes because we're addicts. But I've not heard of them showing any less levels on their drug screens, but then again it's not like they go into full discussion about it with me lol. I'm always the quiet one sitting and reading or something hearing everyone else talking :) maybe I'm just nosy but it's hard to not hear the conversation when they're right next to u. Sometimes it's a long wait unfortunately.