It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: How long after slip?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I started suboxone again about 1mg worth and had a slip took a perc 15mg only felt it slightly. My question is how long now do I have to wait until I can start the suboxone again do I need to wait 24hours again or can I take at my normal time which will be about 12 hours after perc? Thank you

Post subject: Re: How long after slip?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you only took one Percocet, you don't need to wait that long. I'm guessing the sub was still in your system. The reason you didn't feel it is because the perc wasn't strong enough to replace the sub on your receptors. That and the sub is stronger than one Percocet. You should be more than fine after 12 hours.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Unless you stopped the Suboxone for 36 hours or more then you don't need to wait at all. Full agonist opioid can be used on top of low dose Suboxone for acute pain management. Dr. J has several blog posts on using Suboxone and full agonists to manage acute trauma or surgical pain.

I have had several people in the first few weeks of Suboxone treatment 'slip' and try their DOC. No buzz, a dirty UA and an intense month getting back on track.
PAX

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So if I took my last dose of sub at 2pm and used at 9pm and again at 12pm can I restart the sub at 6pm?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Did you use again since your last post? You will be fine taking suboxone, but the more you push it and experiment with taking pills on top of your suboxone, the slippery slope begins. Just resume your normal dose assuming you quit with the pills. Why do you have them? Do you keep them in your house?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes, idk why I need to change something's and people in my life right now or I know I will keep going back and forth and I can't i have too much going for me to do so. Thanks so much for response, I just was afraid of make withdraw hit fast and hard.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:11 pm 

Izabunny,

Wait until tomorrow morning just to be safe. When I had a couple of surgeries, I tapered to 1 mg, and took none on my day of surgery. My Dr. prescribed Lortab 10's which I used for almost three weeks. Took my last dose at 9 pm, took my Suboxone dose the next day at noon and was fine. And no, I never felt the Lortabs one bit.

Listen to TD. You are playing with fire going back and forth. Are you in recovery or not? It sounds like you aren't. Go find a support group where you can get a sponsor or someone who will help you in recovery. It is very hard to be all alone and do it by yourself.

r