It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi I am new here and don't know where to post my question. I have been on sub films since September 2012 I recently quit on October 5th so it has been 5 days as of today that I have been off subs. The reason for me quitting them is they were getting me really sick I was put on 24 mg per day so three 8mg films. Just wondering since this is my first time ever being put on subs , how long do I have to wait to feel the full effect of Percocet 10/650mg ? I have take a total of 5 percocet within the last 2 days and didn't feel a thing from any of them! Just curious when will i feel the full effect or will I ever ? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's hard to say because everyone is different. Right now your tolerance is still really high but it will come down eventually. If I had to make a guess I would say it will take at least 60 days for your tolerance to come down enough for you to fully feel 10mgs of oxycodone. You might be able to take it before then and feel some relief from withdrawal symptoms but it's not going to feel very strong until your tolerance gets back down to the level of an opiate-naive person.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Were Percocet 10's your drug-of-choice before using Sub?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

TeeJay wrote:
Were Percocet 10's your drug-of-choice before using Sub?

Yes perc 10s were my drug of choice I use to take 7 a day .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Diary of a Quitter wrote:
It's hard to say because everyone is different. Right now your tolerance is still really high but it will come down eventually. If I had to make a guess I would say it will take at least 60 days for your tolerance to come down enough for you to fully feel 10mgs of oxycodone. You might be able to take it before then and feel some relief from withdrawal symptoms but it's not going to feel very strong until your tolerance gets back down to the level of an opiate-naive person.

Wow and from reading other forums I heard it was only like 72 hrs . I hope it aint 60 days :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Who knows, it might be sooner. I'm just saying that 10mg percosets aren't that strong, and you were on a high dose of Sub for the past month...so it might be a while before you can take one 10mg percoset and actually feel it. I think the 72 hours thing is possibly true if you're taking a stronger or higer dose full agonist...but at 72 hours off Sub I was taking percoset for a kidney stone and it didn't do a damn thing.

Are you just trying to get pain relief or are you trying to get high?

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Diary of a Quitter wrote:
Who knows, it might be sooner. I'm just saying that 10mg percosets aren't that strong, and you were on a high dose of Sub for the past month...so it might be a while before you can take one 10mg percoset and actually feel it. I think the 72 hours thing is possibly true if you're taking a stronger or higer dose full agonist...but at 72 hours off Sub I was taking percoset for a kidney stone and it didn't do a damn thing.

Are you just trying to get pain relief or are you trying to get high?

I was recently prescribed Percocet for my hysterectomy I just got this week. I was advised a few days before to stop the Sub's so I am in a ton of pain but cant get no relief so far . i hope it is the 72 hours if not I am going to suffer in pain for the next month of healing .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Also 24mg of sub is way overkill for 7 percs a day. That is why you were getting sick on sub. I bet 6mg or 8mg would do you right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

glen bee wrote:
Also 24mg of sub is way overkill for 7 percs a day. That is why you were getting sick on sub. I bet 6mg or 8mg would do you right.

Glad you mention that Glenn bee! I don't know what that Dr was thinking? She went in with a monkey and came out with a guerilla on her back.

To the poster I'm just curious why not try finding a dose that works for you before calling it quits?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you're not getting pain relief from the percoset by itself, you can try taking it along with a small dose of Sub, like 1 or 2 mgs. That will be enough Sub to compensate for your higher opiate tolerance but not so much that it blocks the percoset from working.

This is what I ended up doing when I had that kidney stone and it worked. Some other members here have also tried this method with good results.

Good luck with your recovery from your surgery!

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'd go as far as saying ... just take Suboxone again. You'll likely get more pain relief from 8-12mg of Suboxone than from 10mg percocets.

What's likely happened is that your dose of Sub was much higher / stronger than the drugs you took at your previous level of addiction .. One way to know if that was the case was whether Suboxone made you feel buzzed out / stoned for a while when you started taking it. If that's the case, then you were on much too high a dose. I could say ... "shoulda told your doctor" but what bona fide addict would do something like that??!?! Then eventually you got tolerant to the Suboxone and now find yourself with a higher level of dependence on opioids and a higher tolerance to opioids than before you went on Sub... every "high" comes with a cost.