It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:34 pm 

Everyone metabolizes drugs in a different way. If you've metabolized the drug out of your system you may be in the clear.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:14 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Yea your rite and I did wait six days total. I just took a half of zub an hour ago and feel about 90 percent so I wont take anymore today i will wait to tomorrow and take a full zub. I will keep updating this thread till I am completely stable on the bupe. I Just want to say thank you to everyone on this thread that helped me through this tough time.

-Jim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:25 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

So I'ts 1am I just took a whole sub I think I'm going to be fine. I know everyone is different but if your in my Shoes this worked for me I came off 100mg with almost no withdraw ymmv. Thanks again to everyone that posted in this thread for me. I will keep posting and visiting this forum.

-Jim

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:42 am 

Great news from you Jim M.
Ya, your out of the woods as they say. Congrats.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:02 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hello again to everyone this will probably be my last post on this thread anyway. I'm over 24 hrs into switching to subs from a 100mg methadone cold turkey switch it's day 7 of no methadone. I took 16 mg of sub today only because I read that's a norm for most docs I'm still not 100 percent but I'm 95 percent better. The five percent could just be in my head. So thanks again to everyone that posted and helped me out. Now I just gotta find a sub doctor.

-Jim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey jim,

Congratulations. I think what you rather modestly slipped in there in your second to last post
deserves to be stated again, that despite what most of us thought, you managed to
successfully jump to buprenorphine from methadone, a famously difficult leap,
without much discomfort.

I think it was rather brilliant to tell you the truth. Yes, you took a chance given that
it wasn't all that long after your last dose of kratom, but if it was 12 hours that might have been
enough. In fact it clearly was. And I should add that there's not all that much information about kratom I don't believe. I know it has both opiate-like properties, as well as stimulative.
It likely it interacts with receptors in a somewhat different way than the usual opiate.

The 6 days of methadone was a good long time I believe. That would be the key. You have to
get those methadone molecules down to s sufficiently low level to avoid PW. Also your tolerance level
so the bupe can provide enough coverage

I think it might be helpful to others in your boat if you put together some sort of post in which you
detail your experience. You might title it, "Jumping from Methadone to Buprenorphine
with Less Discomfort". Something that would enable searchers of the future to find it.

The only thing is, I'd take pains to be honest that you were experimenting and perhaps
in some ways lucky. Nothing wrong with that.You don't want to steer anyone too confidently in the wrong
direction. Just offer your experience

Best of luck.
Godfrey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:22 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hello again. I will absolutely do that and title it the same way you stated. I believe kratom activates the delta receptor and only in really high does will it pour to the mu receptor which is where bupe and other opiates bind. Please don't take this information as fact this is only from research I have done online. I would also like to add that I found a sub doctor and have an appointment on Jan 6 so I have enough sub to get through. Thanks again everyone for the help and support. I will start that thread by the end of the day. Thanks again. O and I freaking feel wonderful I can actually stay awake at my computer now. Sub is so much better then methadone.

-Jim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:46 am 

Awesome Jim!! And ur very blessed to have found a suboxone doctor so quickly and especially no interruption with ur medicine until u get to see him/her......sounds like u have a gardian angel ;)

Very happy post ☆☆

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:08 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Yea I feel the same way it's not normal for me though I normally get the shaft. Lol

-Jim

jennjenn wrote:
Awesome Jim!! And ur very blessed to have found a suboxone doctor so quickly and especially no interruption with ur medicine until u get to see him/her......sounds like u have a gardian angel ;)

Very happy post ☆☆

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was curious how things went. I was on 140mgs of Methadone a day and had went 7 whole days with nothing at all except Clonidine and 2 Norco (the 2 Norco were 3 days before induction-yesterday might I add). The saliva test still showed Methadone in my system plus methamphetamine(which I've NEVER done in my life!) & barbs which I haven't done in at least 10 years. I literally felt and looked like death warmed over and was shocked to still see Methadone on the test! I'm actually awaiting any response to a question I've posed about my own induction yesterday but I was curious how urs went??