It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:34 pm 

Jim,
You are wasting time and spining your wheels sir.Katom effects the very same areas of the brain .As the other posters have said your delaying the process.

As suggested a few days ago, use the Search tabs in the forum AND Dr Junigs Talkzone and see how this has been done in the past.Jim.
This switch may be the hardest of them all. It takes time even under the best condition s.
Imo, you must stop the Katom,now and wait for moderate wd. Start slowly 2 mgs,4mgs . We ve seen this before here many times.
You can do this . But some pain is involved .

Razor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:51 pm 

Jim,

You're walking down a road many of us are unsure of. It may work or may bite you in the arse. But you said that you doubt if any Methadone is left in your system after all this time so you may be right. Yes, the fast acting opiates will only require about a 18-24 hour period of abstinence before a person can successfully induce on to Suboxone.

Good luck Jim. We all hope we're wrong and you're right about this one. My guess is you'll go through some PW, although it may be light. That would be good.

Let us know what happens today.

rule

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well Jim's last dose of methadone was 4 days ago I think, so one more day to clean out the other stuff
sounds promising. I've got to say he reminds me of me a little bit...always trying to find a better way. And who knows ? Maybe he's found one. He's staying off the long acting stuff while using the short acting to feel less sick for a good part of the time.

Jim, if you're reading, maybe these next 24 hours (you need them to rid yourself of the kratom) will be time to pay the piper to a certain extent. But if you do get sick in a bigger way (no more bandaids!) that's all to the good.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:50 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey guys yes I'm reading everything and it's a big help to know other people actually give a crap about strangers and I'm stopping the kratom at 7pm with hopes of just getting through the night no other opiates today just the kratom tomorrow is day 6. Tomorrow I won't take anything when I wake up I'll jump in the shower wait a few hours and try the induction I know I won't be 100 percent stable rite away but I'll push through it. Thank you so much for everything.

-Jim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sounds good, Jim, but I'd feel remiss if I didn't suggest stopping the kratom now, not at 7 pm. ( if you're in some weird time zone and have already taken it, oh well, at least i can tell myself I tried.)

Good luck man. We're all pulling for you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:08 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey thanks for the suggestion. I actually am currently living in florida i just moved here from philadelphia for this job. I just took a dose of kratom but thats it im done using bandaids lol I am not looking forward to tomorrow but no matter what i will try the induction and see what happens I will start low and see what happens would 2mg be ok. I have the zubsolv 5.6 so i was thinking about either taking a quarter or half of that. Open to all suggestions. Thanks again everyone.

-Jim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:14 pm 

Hey Jim,
Best of luck to you tomorrow. A new road to recovery is begining.
Ok so you have Zub. Bupe is bupe but this product does have a faster absorbtion rate. 5.6 of Zubslov is equal to 8mgs of suboxone as you may already know.
Imo, Id start with a quarter at a time. I also need to say we can't really know how your going to react at the begining. What I can say from reading here at forum and Talkzone that once you start this process please keep going with the Buprenorphine. If PW hits you stay away from other full agonist opiates. Stay the course with your Zub or Sub.

I do hope you ve read some of the information on the Talkzone the Rule provided. Plenty of good stuff there .

We are all pulling for you Jim and will be waiting and watching tomarrow. Good luck

Razor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:55 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Ok hey guys so day six and first I need to say sorry at about 2am I was thrust awake with rls in my whole body but being a dummy I took the last of my kratom but I have to say deff not helping like it was so now im not sure what to do because I know it's helping some what no runny nose no hot cold flashes but I feel beneath the surface it's bad. I want to take the sub but can't find significant info on if this would in fact cause pw I'm going to keep searching. One good thing im out of money and kratom so we shall see. Thanks everyone for keeping up ☝ with me. Ok so update im sick of prolonging this so I just took a quarter of zub I'll will update in 30 min wish me luck.. Update ok so 35 min in no pw yet is this good or am I not out of danger yet also what does a quarter of zub equal and how should I proceed from here....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:17 am 

Hey Jim,

I'm no expert on zubsolve or precipitated withdrawal because I've experienced neither one. But from what I've heard, a 5.7 (or whatever the normal dose is) zubsolve is pretty much the equivalent to an 8mg strip. So if that's the case then I'll tell ya how my doctor did my induction. I started out with 2mg every 30-45 min until I reached 8mg or the whole strip. Slow and steady is what I'd do if I were u.

As far as pw, I'm not sure but I'd assume it'd hit ya within an hour....maybe sooner? I really haven't ever asked about how quickly it hits u. Hopefully you've waited long enough and won't experience any and if u do, maybe it won't be to bad. That's about all I know to tell ya so I hope ur doing ok so far. Definitely keep us updated.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:27 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks for the info. I just took another quarter I'll report back I'n an hour.

jennjenn wrote:
Hey Jim,

I'm no expert on zubsolve or precipitated withdrawal because I've experienced neither one. But from what I've heard, a 5.7 (or whatever the normal dose is) zubsolve is pretty much the equivalent to an 8mg strip. So if that's the case then I'll tell ya how my doctor did my induction. I started out with 2mg every 30-45 min until I reached 8mg or the whole strip. Slow and steady is what I'd do if I were u.

As far as pw, I'm not sure but I'd assume it'd hit ya within an hour....maybe sooner? I really haven't ever asked about how quickly it hits u. Hopefully you've waited long enough and won't experience any and if u do, maybe it won't be to bad. That's about all I know to tell ya so I hope ur doing ok so far. Definitely keep us updated.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:26 pm 

So you ve begun?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:44 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Ok so I don't wanna jump the gun and this could just be placebo effect but I'm two hours into taking two quarters I took the first quarter waited 40 min then took another quarter. I honestly feel pretty damn good that could be cause I still have kratom in me. Im not sure but should I take another quarter.
Is this even possible I will report a slight elevated heart rate and headache slight head ache could be cause I'm terrified of pw.

Thanks everyone.
-Jim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:59 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

razor55 wrote:
So you ve begun?

Yes I have.

-Jim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Jim, The apparently significant rls symptoms you had last night...before the kratom that is...sounds like you were well along into WD, so I wouldn't be surprised if you're on your way to a successful induction. If you were going to get PW, I believe you'd have gotten it by now...

Sincerely hope so anyway..

Keep us posted. It's all been very interesting (if a bit hair raising at the same time. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:43 pm 

Id have to agree with Godfrey. You may be on your way.
2 quarters equal s around 4mgs of bupe. That is the beginings of the ceiling effect in many people. Wait a couple hours an see how your feeling.
Your doing it!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:51 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Yea I'm 35 min into my 3rd quarter of zub I am just shocked I'm feeling ok even the music sounds good if I still feel this way tomorrow I may return to work. I'll keep checking in thanks to everyone with all of the help it really helped me get through this and hopefully someone in my shoes stumbles onto this thread and gets help from it.

-Jim

razor55 wrote:
Id have to agree with Godfrey. You may be on your way.
2 quarters equal s around 4mgs of bupe. That is the beginings of the ceiling effect in many people. Wait a couple hours an see how your feeling.
Your doing it!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:02 pm 

There's always ppl researching the switch from methadone to suboxone. It's not an easy transition and ppl need advice. So I'm sure ur thread will be helpful :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:14 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Yea your rite I hope it does help. I just don't understand why I'm not sick or really feeling withdraw I thought it would take a few days for me to get stable on the sub but I'm fine rite now. I hope it's not the kratom in my system keeping me ok thanks again for all the help.

-Jim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:21 pm 

It didn't take me a few days. I walked out of my doctor's office after induction feeling on top of the world. I definitely felt ready to go forward with my normal schedule.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:52 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I know but I was on 100 mg of methadone shouldn't I be still feeling like crap.

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
It didn't take me a few days. I walked out of my doctor's office after induction feeling on top of the world. I definitely felt ready to go forward with my normal schedule.

Amy