It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had posted a few days on another post about my boyfriend. I am trying to learn as much as I can about the Sub, so that I can understand how it affects him. Not only does he take the Sub, BUT he also drinks a LOT, on a daily basis. My new concern is this. I think he MAY be taking the Sub AND pills as well. I don't know this, and I don't know what to look for. But I had come across a text message that he sent to someone at work, saying "I have 60 subs for sale...I want 7, but will sell for 10." I'm aware that he sells them..but 60? That's a whole month supply! So, if he's selling the whole month supply, what's he doing? I know he always has leftovers from the previous month..and he says he sells them to guys at work trying to get off of pills. I don't know. But what signs would I look for if he were taking both? He's prescribed to take it twice a day, but I know he doesn't. And some days, I don't think he even takes it once. I don't want to wake up to a dead man one day...that's my worry. So I need to know what to look for if he is combining the two. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Nursie,

I know your in a tough spot here trying hard to be a good partner, and take care of your children at the same time while the BF does his thing. I don't blame you one bit for being concerned!

If he is prescribed to take 2 subs per day and gets 60 a month, and you see he has those same 60 to sell at work, then you can bet he's probably taking other narcotics and opiates besides the sub he's suppose to be taking each day. If not he would be showing signs of withdrawal symptoms....hot/cold sweats, agitated, shaking, headaches, RLS at night, etc.

It would be hard to physically tell if he's taking one or the other by symptoms alone as he wouldn't necessarily be in withdrawals because of what he's doing. If he's taking both he would probably show lots of energy at times? Add to that the alcohol and it sounds like a real mess. Have you confronted him about his possibly taking other pills and selling the sub? If so what does he have to say about it?

What you might consider doing is to purchase a home drug test kit and test him for other opiates without giving him any kind of prior notice. Just spring it on him out of the blue. If he says, "go ahead, I'll take the test anytime you want" then he probably isn't taking other pills. But if he balks, or flat out refuses to take your home test then he just might be doing as you suspect! You can get the tests online, or at almost any pharmacy for a real low price usually.

Just don't tell him in advance you are going to be checking him. Just get the test, say "honey please come pee on this for me so I can see if your lying to me", or something like that at the time! :D

Opiates will show up on one test, and buprenorphine (the active ingredient in subs) will show up on a different test that checks for that drug alone, or separately. You may have to purchase both test kits.

You might ask him first if you haven't already and give him a chance to come clean if that's what he's doing....taking pills and subs. If he keeps messing around like like, IF HE IS TAKING BOTH, then sooner or later he might take the subs too soon after the pills and put himself into precipitated withdrawals which means he would become deathly ill for a while. That is possible if he's abusing both pills and subs.

From what you have described it sounds like to me he wants to continue to use other drugs and sell his subs for the good money they bring on the streets, or at work. That drug test would confirm that or not. Then when he maybe runs out of any other drug he is taking he uses a few of the sub. That's exactly what it sounds like he's doing to me.

I don't know what else to suggest other than giving him an ultimatum and moving out. But IF you do tell him you are leaving if he doesn't straighten up, then you have to do it or you quickly lose credibility and he will just continue as he is now. If you say it....do it!

I read your other thread and you received great advice there too. Maybe keep everything on one thread as it can get confusing when writing on different places. At least for me it does! :D

Good Luck Nursie. Hope this helps and you get some answers in your favor. You have to do what's best for YOU and your children in the end. You deserve to be happy. You didn't ask for this mess.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Brown Eyed Girl - From his fluctuations in moods, I don't DARE confront him about anything that he does. He will literally go from nice and sweet to pissed off and irritated in 3.2 flat! It's like a switch has been thrown. I've known that he sells his films, as he's told me he does it. (to bring in more money, and "apparently" he says he doesn't need as much as the Dr. is prescribing him). He thinks the Dr. is actually trying to make money off of him by continuing to give him the same dose. But he said as long as the Dr. is going to do it, he won't say anything about it.

Approaching him about taking a home test would make him blow up, I'm sure. He'll accuse me of not trusting him, and that I'm against him. I've just learned it's best to keep my mouth shut about my feelings concerning any of this. (Hence why I started attending Al-Anon meetings as well). I want to be there for him, but until he can come to terms with the fact that he needs HELP, I don't think there's anything I can do for him, but just idly sit by, and hope he doesn't get sick or die. :( I hope it doesn't ever come to that.

He works at a job where he HAS to stay clean, and be able to work with a clear head. So, I'd really hope that he wouldn't jeopardize his position there. He's been there for 17 years. He's also gone to them for help before and entered rehab, which is how i think he ended up the Sub to begin with. I really do fear for him, especially with the large amount of alcohol that he takes every night. I don't see any signs of sub withdrawl, as you had mentioned, but he's obviously a master manipulator and can very well be hiding the symptoms.

I do know however, having been married to an alcoholic before, that offering ultimatums in exchange for sobriety does not work. The addict is not going to get better for anyone, and they won't do it if they don't really want to. So, making the threat to move out if he doesn't clean up, isn't going to work with him. I wish it would, but I know better.

Doesn't he have to test when he goes to see his doctor each month? Surely you'd think the doctor would monitor things like this. I have noticed that the night before he goes to see his doctor, he doesn't drink. Obviously, because he knows he's not supposed to be, I'm sure.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi lil,

I think the main point is that regardless of whether he is or isn't taking pills on top of his suboxone, he is still living like an addict in active addiction. He may be functioning and going to work, but that doesn't mean it's a happy environment for you or the kids. And that's apparent by the fact that you can't even be honest with him about your suspicions without fear of how he'll react. He is drinking a lot, and on top of it, selling his suboxone, which is just not good for recovery.. period. IMO he needs to make some real changes before you could consider him to be an addict in recovery and on the right path. He can't be there for you or the kids in any real way until he addresses his own issues.

Like it was mentioned in your other post, I think you need to put yourself and the kids first. I'm sorry you're in this situation. Wishing you luck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's basically what I was meaning....you have 2 choices that could be made....

Either you continue to put up with him until he himself is ready to stop....
Or...
You move out and hopefully find a better life for you and the kids?

Do you believe you are better off with him or without him? That's the big question you have to ask yourself.

I know there is no way you can change his mind about his drug abuse. I surely know that being an addict myself there is no way anyone was going to tell me what to do. But something did happen at the time that MADE me WANT to change.

I was given that ultimatum I spoke of and that did it for me at the time!

I had a live in BF that knew nothing of my addiction and past drug abuse. He was completely and totally anti-drug, and NEVER used any kind of narcotic or opiate for any reason. He knew I was all over the place with attitude like your BF is being extremely nice and pleasant one minute, and a complete and total bitch the next according to him, which I'm sure I was. I knew I was angry at times, but just couldn't help it. Or didn't care either!

I finally told him everything about my 15+ year addiction. I was on subs at the time. I started on an induction dose of 24mg, and had begun tapering that dose down when I told him everything. I was on about 12-16mg at the time I informed him and he told me to get off the sub NOW! I told him I just couldn't "jump" from such a high dose like I was on, and after some back and forth arguing he finally said it was either get off the drugs, or he was gone. Boy do I ever wish I knew then what I finally found out about that scumbag. That's another story entirely! :evil:

He did exactly what he said he would do and moved out. I was crushed of course, but It made me want off the drugs more than anything else in the world! It was the best thing ever for me too, him moving out and giving me that push to get free from active addiction. It changed my whole life!

I may have gotten off on my own, or I might have even relapsed.....again, as I had done so many times before. But his leaving gave me the big push I needed to realize a life on drugs was no answer to anything.

So either you continue to deal with him the best way you know how, or you find yourself another route to go. And what I meant by giving him any kind of ultimatum was IF YOU DO tell him your leaving if he doesn't get the situation reversed, you MUST FOLLOW THROUGH on any threat you do make to him. Don't tell him your leaving for example, and then say over and over something like: "if you don't stop this time I'm really leaving for good". You have to mean it, and do it the very first time you say it.

If your afraid of him "blowing up" at the very thought of you saying something like that to him, then that's another issue entirely in my opinion. You have to decide what's more important, live like you are now and HOPE for some kind of change for the better in him, or make the move yourself to better the situation. I can't really see any other option. I'm just being as honest as I possibly can here with you.

If he knows you won't say anything, and you continually put up with his drugging and drinking, then he has very little reason to stop anytime soon it appears?

Ask yourself this question....."does he love the drugs more than he does you"? That may help you understand it more. And going to Al-Anon is excellent! They will help you understand his addcition so much better. There's also Nar-Anon that is basically the same. You just might try that group also.

I know YOU aren't going to change him unless HE wants it bad enough. Maybe you leaving would give him the push he needs like it was for me a while back? That's IF you want to take that route. If you believe you can make a life for yourself and your children living with him then so be it....that has to be your decision. It's YOUR life, your decision what you ultimately decide to do in the end.

I'm just speaking to you like the addict I am. I know what he's thinking, and what he most likely does all the time. He has to WANT TO STOP himself alone. He has to hit that "ROCK BOTTOM" that will make him stop. I had to lose nearly everything in my life before I finally got myself back on track. Lost my house, my car, friends and family didn't want to be around me. Nearly lost my very good job, and almost died twice before I finally stopped. BF moving out was the final straw, or push that did it! I hope it doesn't go that far with him...I really do.

But maybe a VERY STRONG push from you can actually save his life!

Good luck to you. I hope it all works out for you at some point soon. I really do. Maybe others have a different plan for you and hopefully can give you more hope than I have. Please keep us informed how your doing. I really do care about you and want you happy. You deserve that much.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Nursie,

You said you know he isn't taking the twice daily dose. It's pretty common for doctors to prescribe more suboxone than a patient really needs to feel well. Alot of people will save their extra's just in case...but selling them isn't good. That, however, is beside the point. Do you see him take his dose once a day? I ask that because if he is taking at least some subs every day he won't feel the effects of any kind of opiates. He would have to go several days with nothing before it would do him any good. Who knows what else he's actually buying from his connection. It could be anything. But if he has 60 for sale it certainly sounds like he isn't taking very many subs... As was said before, he would be showing definite signs of WD if he's not taking any subs and not replacing them with something else. I don't know any addict that is good enough to hide full on WD symptoms from someone they live with. Trust me, I've tried.

Nursie, I'm sorry you are dealing with this crap. I am really concerned that this is a far worse situation than you realize. You are right, nothing you say to someone in his positon is going to get through to him. Only actions will make a dent. And at this point I'm not sure anything you do will work. He is probably more concerned with his using than losing you and the kids right now. I know that sounds horrible, but it's the truth. Only you know whether the situation is bad enough for you to leave. But, I wouldn't expect it to change any time soon unless something really big happens to wake him up.

You mentioned the drug tests at the doctors office. Most doctors do test regularly, but not all. Some doctors only test every few months. Have you ever went with him to one of his appointments? Maybe it would be a good idea to see if he will let you go with him next time...that may answer some of your questions.

Take care of you and those kiddos. It's good that you are here finding answers, it's so important to know exactly what you are dealing with.

Q

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

qhorsegal2,

I see him take it at least once a day. Usually in the mornings before he goes to work. I think there was one occasion where he's mentioned that he forgot to take it that day. But, the mornings usually seem to be the time when he takes it.

I work during the day, and I don't get off of work until after he's already home, and so his appointments are usually when I'm at work. I doubt he'd allow me to go anyways, simply for the fact that he might think I'll spill the beans about him drinking. Besides, the less I know, the better right? I'm sure that's how he's thinking. Keep me in the dark, and the magnitude of his addiction will be undetected.

IF I could find some way that I could talk to him about ANY of this, without him feeling like I am degrading him, judging him, or trying to change him, trust me, I would. But it seems as if he's so on edge at times, that even if I try and talk to him about an everyday issue (politics), he blows it WAY out of proportion, then accusing me of trying to sabotage our relationship, being overly dramatic, or just a plain bitch. Then of course, when I'm the one butthurt because he was actually the one degrading me, then he's able to switch it around, and say that I have an attitude problem, etc..etc. I'm sure you guys know this vicious cycle already. I'd never judge him for his addiction. It's a disease, I know. I just want to be able to have him open up completely about it, without feeling like that's what I am doing. But with him, I can't just come out and ask, "Hey, are you taking your subs like you should?" or "why are you selling so many?", etc....he'll automatically get defensive about it. I don't want to come across as the "nagging" or "Controlling" girlfriend...I'm just concerned....so, how do I get that across to him? Or do you think he's even open to hearing any of it? I want to make sure I've exhausted all avenues, on MY part, before I just throw in the towel, and give up trying. :?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, if you see him taking his subs at least once a day I think it's unlikely he's buying opiates from anyone. I guess the text you wrote above could have been a typo. IE- he could have meant I want 17 but will take 10 a piece, or I want (insert whatever #) but will take 10 a piece. Or, he could be buying benzo's or something else. Who knows....but I will mention subs+alcohol+benzos is a lethal combination. Hopefully that's not what he's doing.

As for you talking to him...I don't know if there is a way to do it that will be acceptable to him. This subject is touchy in the best of circumstances, and I would say you are working with a situation that is considerably less than ideal. I'm sorry, but I don't know what to say as far as that goes. I think the best way to go about it would be to just be honest and tell him that you love him, and that you are concerned. Let him know that you don't judge him, but that he needs to get help. I'm sure he won't want to hear it, and I'm sure that he will be angry...but there's really no way around it if you want to help him. I can pretty much bet that if you don't address it and just hope he comes around on his own it's not going to happen any time soon. He's doing what works for him right now, and if you keep ignoring it he has no reason to try to get better. I'm not saying that to make you feel bad, I just want you to understand that an addict isn't going to change unless they see that what they are doing is going to cost them something. If he see's no consequences to his actions he won't have any reason to get sober.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok, so now I am seriously worried....it's been a rough day to day the least. I'll try and keep it simple. So the bf takes his dog to the dog park (which is a daily thing) I get a call from him, saying a pit bull attacked his dog, and that HE got bit and needed a doctor ASAP. So he goes to the hospital, and I met him there. He had blood everywhere, and both hands had severe gashes and puncture wounds. First thing I noticed, was that he reeked of alcohol (again, no surprise)..and as the nurse is taking his info, she asks if he had any allergies. He told her he was allergic to codeine. (Not true). So while she's getting the doctor, I asked what happened...according to him, the pit bull was playing too rough with his dog and bit his dog, so he picked up his dog and the pitbull jumped up and continued to attack (hence the wounds on his hands) so he pulled out his knife and stabbed the pitbull repeatedly until it was dead. Only then, is when the owner of the dog actually stood up and said something. That's when he left and called me , saying he was going to the hospital.

Ok, bear with me..I'm going somewhere with this. So, the x-Ray technician is getting ready to take him, and I pull the doctor and nurse aside and have a little chat with them. I let them know he is on Suboxone (he did not tell them), also let them know he was drunk....luckily, they hadn't given him anything for pain yet. It was a long wait, the police came, took pictures, retrieved the bloody knife from his truck, took pics of his dog, who didn't even have a scratch, etc. Surprisingly, a few hours later, he was released, hands bandaged, with some scripts to fill. He refused to let me drive him home, so he drove himself. When he had got home, he fed his dog and went to bed. I looked to see what the dr.had prescribed. An antibiotic, (obviously) and hydrocodone!!! Omg...He's not supposed to take that, right? Even after I told them he was on the Suboxone...they still gave it to him. So, I guess where I'm going with this is...what kind of reaction will this cause, if any? Will it even work? Is this going to cause him to relapse? This has me extremely worried. With these hands injuries, he's not going to be able to work for a while either. And I really can't imagine that the dog warranted being stabbed to death either....I'm sure there will be legal ramifications as well, but I'm more worried about the pills right now. :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:25 am 

To be honest, this sounds like something he planned in order to score pain meds. The fact that he's been drinking so much shows that he is not trying to be sober in any form.

Does he always carry a knife? Or did he just "happen" to bring it that day? He may have gotten somewhat drunk before hand to get the courage or anger or whatever he needed to provoke a confrontation with that pit bull and be able to be violent enough to kill it after he provoked it.

I doubt he's taking his sub in the right way. Is it a pill or a strip? Is he keeping it in his mouth for a while or does he swallow it right away, because swallowing right away will not let it work.

All he had to tell the doctor is that he wasn't taking suboxone anymore and they would have given him the script. After all, his hands are bitten.

If I were you, I would probably move out. If he is spiraling back into addiction, which it seems that he is, he is going to start to be more and more dishonest. He's illegally dealing drugs, he's armed, and he didn't mind killing a dog to get what he wanted. Honestly, I'd be scared of what he's going to do next. Do you really want to be with someone who would kill a dog to get drugs?

I'm not trying to be overly dramatic, but this is heading south really fast. Get out!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes, he always carries a knife, and he almost always has started getting drunk as soon as he gets off of work. As for how he takes his sub...He takes the 8/2 film and I usually see him put it under his tongue. I suppose he could be swallowing it, but then what would the purpose be? Why just not take it at all?

Personally, I think this was racially motivated, as the dog belonged to some African American people. He kept slinging the "N" word around the ER, blaming the race for something like this happening. While the dog may have attacked him, I think his response was a retaliation against the race, a subject that is close to my heart, as I have a son that is half black. I told him while he was in the ER, that this had nothing to do with race, and that not all black people are the same, and gave him the "look" so as to let him know that I was referring specifically to my son. He looked right at me and said, "Don't get butthurt because you slept with a black guy. That's right. I said it, and if you have a problem with it, you know what you can do!" He swore that this incident has "changed the game" for him...

I personally spoke to the doctor. She knew that he's taking it. She had s shocked look on her face when I told her, because she had assumed he would tell her something like that. I told her that he wouldn't, because he's an addict/alcoholic. But apparently, he fooled her somehow too.

I am working on getting out. We haven't been living with him long, but I hate to pull the kids out of school again, for a second time this year. So trying to find a place in the same school district is proving to be difficult...it's going to take time, but it will happen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Your "bf" sounds like a douchebag and belongs in prison, selling all his meds giving the rest of us a bad name and "stabbing a dog until its dead". If thats true its too bad the "N word" he was wailing on about didnt do the same to him. Sounds like you got a real winner there sweatheart, really sounds like a person you can set up a good life with :roll: . Of course this sounds like a troll thread and judging by your posts and how youre basically a brand new member it probably is. Man I remember when I used to lurk this forum before I joined and there wasnt a million new registered members spouting off unbelievable "stories" and you didnt have to wade through 30 piles of shit before you got to a good thread, I guess all good things have to come to an end sometime. I hope your idiot bf gets locked up where he belongs. And just to make one thing clear, everyone of us on this forum have used drugs to the point of getting out of control and I can bet you not one of us has ever harmed an animal like that because of it, drugs and alcohol stifle your inhibitions and bring out the true you they don't "make" you do anything so your scum bf is an evil scumbag regardless of if he's sober or not if he really did that to a dog (again Im sure he didn't and this is all a big troll session).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Buprecision...I'm sorry you feel this is a troll thread, but the fact of the matter is, sadly, it's not. I am new to the forum, yes, but I also came here looking for some support and information on the subs/pills. My bf obviously has some serious issues, and I came here, looking for ways to support him. Not rescue him, not cure him, and not provide a miracle for him. I know that only he can do that, and he has to want it for himself. I've never been one that has struggled with addiction, and for that I am thankful. But being around someone that does struggle so deeply is a real concern for me and my children. That's why I came here. To learn more, be informed, and possibly learn some coping skills for myself. You can believe what you'd like, but it's a sad hard truth that this has happened. What would I gain by making something up like this??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I do not agree with this being a troll thread, but in buprecision's defense, the thread has taken a wild turn. The forum has a history of attracting trouble makers with the sole purpose of trying to stir the pot with elaborate stories. Please don't take offense to the prior comment.

Regardless of whether it was planned or not, it happened, and it sounds like he was interested in using the vicodin rather than codeine (I used to pull that one too, btw.) I have to question whether he's actually on suboxone (8mg no less!) and still interested in vics.. He wouldn't really feel them if he were taking his medication, but perhaps he doesn't care and is still neck deep in his addiction tendencies. Who knows. IMO you should be far more concerned with the fact that he is an alcoholic, drinking everyday. That is no joke. You seem to be much more focused on the pills and suboxone, while something very alarming is staring you in the face. Just because it's a legal substance doesn't make it any less cause for concern than a pill habit. In fact, alcoholics are generally more unpredictable and have a tendency to act with violence.

I hope you can untangle yourself from his life so that he can eventually get the help he needs, and you and your kids can live in peace.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tinydancer....while I am very aware that his alcoholism is a major problem, I have a better understanding of alcoholism due to having an alcoholic mother. But I am much less informed about subs and pills, which is why I seem to be focusing more on those things. I'm trying to get educated, more so on how they all interact with each other.

I've done a lot of reading throughout the forum, trying to get educated as far as w/d symptoms to be looking for, etc.

He's been sleeping most of the day. His script was for a total of 12 hydrocodone...He's got 2 left and it hasn't even been 24 hours! I'm surprised that he isn't drinking today, but maybe he's so far gone on the pills that he's not interested in it today. Maybe tomorrow when he's out of pills.....*sigh*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, it's a very good thing he's not drinking today. Each pill should have about 500mgs of acetaminophen, which makes his 24 hour intake a total of 5000mgs so far.

ETA: Sorry if it seems that we aren't sympathetic, that isn't the case. It's just that we're all concerned for YOU while you're concerned for him. That's all. Hope you find the answers or insight that you're looking for.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Im not part of that "we" because Im definitely not concerned for her at all, anyone who stands around complacent to an animal abuser/murdering psychopath gets no sympathy for me. Even if it was my own flesh and blood family member and they did that I would have them locked the hell up and Id do it with a smile.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

An update for those that have been supportive...I got a call from my kids today, as I was driving home from work. They were bawling on the phone, telling me that he flipped out on them because the puppy peed on the floor. He threw their cellphone at them and told them to call me, because they had to leave. He didn't want them there anymore. Who kicks out two young kids, into the cold and rain? They went from neighbor to neighbor, until someone would take them in until I got home. I got to the house today...and he started going off on every little thing...saying that it wasn't the kids he had a problem with, but me. That I had major issues that I needed to deal with. Boy, is he delusional!! Just like he thinks he's going to sue and get millions from this dog stabbing incident..lol.

Long story short, I'll spare the rest of his crazy talk..I happened to find a rental today. The kids and I are in a motel for tonight , and tomorrow we can start moving into the new place! I'm so glad to have the kids out of there. They finally got to see him for the monster that he is. I addressed his pill issue (took 35 percs just on Wed!) He even tried to make a rationale for that. Sadly, he will be one of those that will never get sober. It's just not in him to do so. In any case, we are out! For the first time in a while, I feel safe. My kids are safe, and we aren't on eggshells. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Your story is all too familiar and I have to say while reading this thread I was pretty sure it would end up this way. His behavior is pretty typical of someone with very little self esteem (drug abuser or not). Only Someone who feels the need to feel powerful takes there anger out on the defenseless.
I'm very happy to hear that you got yourself and your children out of that situation. Good luck to you!

Lynn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:28 pm 

Wow! Your post is good news! Even though it was hard on you that he basically kicked you and your kids out, it is a blessing that you don't have to deal with this rollercoaster relationship.

I would take a hard look at why you were attracted to this guy in the first place. For your sake and your kids sake I would take a break from men until you are straight on how to choose a better one next time. Your kids shouldn't have to deal with this disruption in their lives and neither should you!

If getting with addicted guys or abusive guys is a pattern with you, maybe getting some therapy to figure out why is a good idea. You have a fresh start for you and your kids! Make the most of it! I'm super happy for you that you are out of this situation!!!

Amy