It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:41 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Haha Wheres My Drugs Sheep! I'm glad the image represents so well ;)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Jackie6612 wrote:
WOW - THIS is why I have trouble posting here.

Here's a thought , don't talk about Newbies as if we/they are aliens that invade your precious forum. We CAN
read what your writing here.

"Don't let them start a thread" - " Stricter posting rules" - and "a newbie must earn the right to start a thread. If they
have 10 quality posts"

Really? Because I read more than I post, and don't have a large number under my name?
There is someone on this very thread that has been a member less than 6 months, but makes sure she's posting on every
thread out there. That makes her better than me?

This isn't Rocket Science, IT'S A FORUM. And it's a forum to help Addicts for Christ's sake.

SOME of you people make me sick. Why don't you step away from your keyboard and get a life !

Jackie does have a point n I can see where you are coming from. You want to stop trolls n flooding, right.

But as someone who has been to forums with those 'stricter' rules n end up going there maybe once or twice n then leave.

Newbies like to start a thread to try and connect with people - especially if they're really struggling with addiction, feel lonely n need someone---anyome who has been through similar--- to understand them, to listen to them, to be there for them. How do you think they will feel if they've got all this stuff in them, attempt to write a thread only to be told, "Sorry, you have not posted enough to make a thread."

Re QnA whilst I feel that this is a GOOD n USEFUL idea---- please use it in collaboration with active interaction NOT INSTEAD OF human interaction. I, myself, have a visual impairment n typing on my iphone is time-consuming for me---- so to produce a thread to be told 'go look at our QnA page' would be extremely annoying n frustrating.
In regards to others I'm sure that type of response would have them feel unwelcome; angered feeling that people cannot be bothered to listen to him / her on what s/he was led to believe was a 'support' forum. It may frighten them from starting any new threads n assumed that the forum was cliquey n didn't really want new comers.

Just my two penny's worth on this ok

Take care
Evey x

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There have been moments where I felt like if there were stricter rules then the forum would be much better, but that's only my self centeredness coming out in droves! And. We want all opinions and views here, every side of the coin from all kinds of people... Not just one select group of people saying the same stuff and always agreeing.... That's just so we can justify bad behavior and have other people sign off on those ideas. Seriously. Anytime we post on here about what to do... You can almost bet that at least 50 percent of the time the poster already knows what they want to do but need someone to give them the green light on their bad idea. This is why the Internet has helped and hurt addicts.... Look online because I have a runny nose and I'm not sleeping well some nights.... Must be the suboxone and I bet somewhere online it says just that. If I looked at symptoms of different forms of cancer... Most of us could circle yes on most of them during a cold or minor illness... Just saying... You gotta form your own thoughts and opinions BASED on facts and experience of others.... Don't believe everything you read all the time. Just because the forum (mainly me) post something, doesn't mean it's true for you personally.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:21 pm 

My apologies for posting in the mod free zone. I just wanted to say "where the heck have you been MM1?"

It's been awhile since you were actively posting. Yes dude, I missed your input here. We might not agree on certain things but your heart is in the right place when you give hard core advice. Who else can we blame if you're not here? he he

rule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Rule. Thanks for that. I needed that lol. I haven't been posting much to avoid conflicts with others. I have a horrible sarcasm to my posts a lot of the time, but I really do want to help people and help them get better and stay better.

So thanks a million. At least someone knows that actually mean well/care about other addicts.... Even if my posts are sometimes harsh on topics... Or hardcore as you say.

I've just been at this a long time and have watched many of these same things play out to the end. So. That's why I try to intervene.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Forgive me as it seems I am resurrecting a fairly old thread, but I just wanted to give a quick comment regarding the original topic. It would be great if perhaps Dr. Junig or the Mods could open a quick survey/poll every once in awhile to get members' feedback on how they feel about SuboxForum, as well as open it up for suggestions/improvements. Just a thought. :)

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge" - Psalm 91:4
–Robert Green Ingersoll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Crystal,

The Mods are always open to any suggestions you may have. If anyone has any great ideas or even criticism you should feel free to PM any one of us at any time.

Q

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:37 pm 

Chrystal,

The mods are only on the sidelines keeping the peace for the most part. The forum is for the members to interact and start new topics. Why don't you go ahead and start the thread if you're interested. No guarantees it will get responses.

Thanks for caring.

rule

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I agree with newbies not being able to post right off the bat. I mean i dont think the whole (10) post thing is good...but atleast like 5 posts and a month on the forum, because i been on here since i started my treatment ..but i dont reply to much, i mainly read...but when it comes to new combers ...they seems to not read as much as they should and they make new threads about topics that have already been discussed more then once in the pass. some times people need to go thru the forum and read some threads before making a new topic. because most the time it has already been asked and answered. I have been on forum my whole life. I owned a few, and I have been a member on Gamebattles forum since 2005 with almost 8 thousand posts....so some ppl are new to how forums work,

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow-- this was pulled from the dead! I've been pulled in too many directions these days... Should we set up a 'FAQ' section? I've considered putting something like that together, or maybe having a direct link to youtube videos where I discuss the main issues.

Would people like to participate in an FAQ section? We could have a section of the forum labelled 'Common Topics', for example, and then have a thread for each frequently asked question.... or would that defeat the purpose by having too much to read for each issue?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

A Like button would be awesome

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:36 am 

I think an FAQ section would be pretty cool. I'm easy breezy (as my son says lol) so I'm good with any ideas Dr J :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:03 pm 

Link the Videos Doc.

I tell my groups to go there first to get answers and learn to truths .

FAQ s is a great idea also.

Top three videos : Drug for a drug
Absorbtion
Ceiling Effect

"That ll learn m" as they say here in the hills..

Razor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:01 pm 

Hi All, I love the link to videos idea! As far as faq's, I always just look at all the topics covered to find what I currently need help with. If I can't find a thread that addresses my concern, I start one! That's just my 2 cents worth! If course, I will go with whatever is decided...I would like to think I am as easy going as Jenn! lol