It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: How I got off suboxone.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:06 pm 
Someone told me i should write a thread of my account on getting off suboxone. I was on suboxone for 4 1/2 years from anywhere from 4mg- 32mg daily. Got it from a freind, no dr. I like the way subs made me feel, so eventually got hooked on em. Never was addicted to any other opiate . I tried about everything, but thought i could function on subs and still ride the buzz.... so that is how i got hooked on that shit. I tried quitting suboxone like 6 times. Longest i made it was 3 1/2 months. That was last year. I tapered down to .25 every other day. It was such a drawn out thing. But i will say, that it is the best method to prepare you mentally when u finally jump.

This time I stopped taking suboxone abruptly at 24mgs !! I must have been fuckin nuts. But, one night before bed, i remember having such a feeling of frustration and literally yelled out..... whats the point of this shit. Like for an hour. It was sick, not healthy. So , the next day said fuck it. The hell with these pills. I said, I'm getting off this stuff..... but i'm gonna make it as easy as possible. AS EASY AS POSSIBLE. that was the most important thing. I knew too much about sub detox and going through that shit many many times before was not an option this time. So here's what i did....Before i tell you, i'm not suggesting this. Simply stating what I did.... and how fuckin grrreat it worked!

I'm on day 100 of not touching suboxone. That feels so great to say. Yea , so .... I was lucky enough too have a freind who could get heroin and cared for my recovery off suboxone. That sounds fucked up... haha yes, but heres the deal. I told him I'm gonna do dope for 2 months everyday to skip the sub withdrawals but then after the 60 days, you must cut me off. DO NOT GET ME ANY DOPE AFTER THE 2 MONTH PERIOD. So, tthats exactly what happened. Believe me, i tried getting more dope after the 2 months, but he wouldn't . I never would have done this method, if i could get heroin myself. So, if you can arrange something like this......... This was by far the easiest pain free way to get off subs. I did go through dope withdrawals for about 2 days. Yea, it sucked. It was like twice as bad as my worst sub withdrawal for only 2 days. After that i felt great. Now, i feel great. I'm sleeping like a normal person. I'm at a point where i feel PAWS would only be something in my head. So, i honestly feel 80% again. And only 100 days ago i was taking 24mg a day....

I will answer every and any question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey W,

You're story is pretty weird, sub being the first opiate you tried and got hooked on and your method to get off. Its a little different, I guess times are changing with this med being more and more available but to each their own I guess...

I am not clear on one thing... You have been off suboxone for 100 days but for the first 60 of those days you were taking heroin? Is that right? That would mean its only 30 days opiate free? And you also made it 3 1/2 months before- so that is about a little more than 100 days too. I bring that up because watch out for this shit, if your addiction is anything like mine it can creep up and bite you on your ass at any time. You only have one friend that can get you heroin now but what about if your are hanging with new people down the road offering you vikes or Oxy or even sub I guess, you know what I mean? Anything can happen and you may say oh I can just do it once. But if you're like me there's no such thing as just once.

Anyway stay strong & keep this thread updated with your progress. I do hope you're out of the woods.

-gb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:12 pm 
Hi Glen Bee,

Maybe my story is differant. And thats cool. I frankly dont care if my story was... i went to mars to meet an alien to rid me of all the toxins left in my body from suboxone. Whatever got me off that shit. I got it done, period. You make some interesting points. All true. And what you said goes for yourself and every single addict on this forum. Addiction can creep up on you at any time, yes.

You're right, well not 30 days... It's actually been 40 days opiate free, 100 days free of suboxone. 40 days is nothing in the grand scheme of things. But for right now, it is. I took something everyday for the past 4 1/2 years. and for the past 40..... nothing. It's truly amazing. I quit subs about 6 times and I cannot see going back. This is just about the farthest i have came and I cannot live like that anymore. I know zombies are popular in the movies this day and age.... but no thanks!

I appreciate you giving me your advice and stuff, dont get alot of that....

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:20 pm 
Also, i want to add that I have gotten alot of people asking me why the hell i got hooked on subs in the first place without being hooked on any other opiate. Most of you wont know this... but for someone like me.... I got super high off suboxone. It felt how you felt on your opiate. I remember puking my brains out the first time i took suboxone. And i think it was a big crumb. I dont know, maybe 1mg. But yea, i was high for 2 days. So, something that feels that good .... is easy to fall into i guess. Just doesnt happen alot.

Post subject: Good for you!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey, whatever works, that's all that matters, I say. My story is I started on pills first for like 5 years, then got on Subs after. I got high off Subs too. My dose was 6mgs and the first time I took like 4 mgs, and was fine for a few hours, then was same as you, totally puked my guts out, and was in bed for 2 days just sleeping. It was great, they were stronger than any pill, IMO. They became my DOC for sure. I didn't want to touch anything else. So I can see how you'd get hooked, they are an opiate! Anyhow, I have been off Sub now for 17 days, not much, but a huge step for me considering how long I was on Sub. I tapered a bit. So good for you I say! Who cares about the conventional methods, it's whatever works for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:00 pm 
Hey Casi, it's nice to hear that. Congrats on your 17 days. that is a big deal. you cant get to 6 months or a year without doing day 17. so right on.

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Winning, thanks for the nice words. It gets better every day. The thing for me will be to stay off them. It's so easy to just go to my Dr and ask for another script. But I was like you, fed up! So, I will stay strong, and keep positive attitude. You do the same!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:18 pm 
Hi Leah, I had a whole thread of me saying I was doing dope to get off suboxone. This was like 2 months ago. It caused so much heat on this site, they ... i say they meaning this site .... took it down. Yeah, I'm not trying to hide the fact i did heroin to get off suboxone, clearly...haha. There was alot of bickering back and forth so they deleted it. You're an addict as well. You know people that do this kind of stuff or at the very least you have a Dr. with a perscription pad. Don't single me out . You are susceptible to the nasty curse of addiction again just like the next guy. Just cause you wouldn't do what i did, doesn't mean it wont work for ME! Take care.

Post subject: great idea
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:48 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

maybe your method would only kill 8 out of 10 that tried it. god i'm done with these forums. i've lost all faith in humanity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:25 pm 
Sorry you feel that way Phuck. That was kind of harsh. But isn't humanity all about evolving? I wanted to make a change in my life and I did just that.