It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The idea of it working makes total sense to me, i actually think that some doctors even prescribe mild opiates like tramadol short term to detox off sub. :ut not everyone would have access to legal opiates. I do see how it can work in theory though. I believe in what the op was saying about the brain constantly being saturated and that causes it to prolong the healing even further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

They can get away with using tramadol because its not scheduled the same way me and my doctor are actually discussing using tramadol, but the problem is tramadol is a long acting and very synthetic and toxic drug...other than tramadol it is illegal for doctors here to use anything but bupe and methadone for addiction and tapering...if you want to go this rout, and its realy actually a good idea if you can't get through that hellish year after suboxone but your best bet is to do it in Europe or Canada where they are allowed to use full agonist opiats for treating addiction....it's illegal here because we have the stupidest drug policy's in the world and people can't seem to get past the idea of using a full agonist to get off sub.....they won't understand this without spending a year in mild withdrawl from suboxone or methadone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sepmerfi your totally right about the drug laws. I sometimes think that drug addiction is not looked at as a "real" disease in this country, i think were getting there, but slowly. I would try this method myself, the part im lacking though is the person to dole it out to me, i know my boyfriend would give in eventually. i could probably keep it under control for a little while but then that one slip of taking more would inevitably lead to my downfall. i like the idea of tramadol short term to detox.

Moviemaker, i dont think the op sounded crazy talking about different phases. Paws is a phase of withdrawel, so its quite possible theres phases with addiction as well. Just my opinion though.

I think its an interesting topic. there was another thread in this section where they were also talking about this subject. It was called using heroin to get off suboxone. bun anyway one guy hopespring shed some light on the subject. he was describing how different opiates really work differently in the brain as far as mu, kappa, and delta receptors are concerned. it was kinda scientific but it made sense the way he wrote it

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

the one thing I think a lot of people forget sometimes,,,,, is that "we" started suboxone,
or at least I Did,,,

cuz I COULD NOT STOP USING....

I could NOT STOP.......
at all.....

so the slightest POSSIBILITY of being ABLE to taper is a GIFT....

FOR ME... anyways,

Does anybody get what I'm saying????

I'm not posting with attitude/aggression/anger.... I'm trying to say,,, starting sub in the FIRST PLACE should NEVER be taken

"lightly" .... It's a big decision, cuz your right, it's not EASY to stop....

BUT,,,
wow... the POSIBILITY of being able to stop... looks MUCH BETTER than suicide...
cuz that's the

FORK in the road, I was looking at........ death, or suboxone.....

hmmmmmmm

and fast forward two years....... I started out on 24mg.... I was down to 4mg/day,,,, just a few weeks ago.....
I was doing well, but I've had MAJOR TURMOIL in my personal life, like the biggest imaginable, for those of you that don't know,
so I've gone back up to 8mg....

but I still think that's a "great day" considering the $200/day habit I used to have,,,
and could NOT STOP......
I would have sold my grandma for ten bucks, to get dope... back then.....

Just wanted to add that,,,, Just wasn't sure if any of y'all had thought about that....

thanks for reading......

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

For me it's all about getting off opiats because that's MY goal.... because I am happier sober....around 5 years ago I was using fent patches and OxyCodone for breakthrough pain, my leg was wrapped up in the wheel well of a truck, I had a hellish withdrawal it lasted a week and I felt pretty sick for another week after that but then every day got better after that, I made a full recovery and completed a few more years of service, after going back I received a few more injuries and came home and went back on fent patches and OxyCodone and when I healed again my doctor convinced me suboxone would be an easier drug to discontinue, I got down to a quarter miligram and jumped, 6 months later I was still sick and my relationships were suffering....for me the duration of any discomfort is more important than severity...with full agonists there is this feeling where things get better every day after two weeks when you stop. suboxone withdrawl is long and drawn out and won't offer that motivation of daily improvement...this is why for me using short acting opiats for a year to get back to a "pre-suboxone state" is actualy not a bad idea, If you just cant get through the long drawn out discomfort from discontinuing subs than the short and sweet version of withdrawl on normal opiats may be better for you......I don't think anybody should consider this without exhausting other options

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wonder who's gunna win this epic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

semperfiguy wrote:
..I don't think anybody should consider this without exhausting other options

that's exactly what i was trying to say,,, I just rambled on way to long :roll:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Agreed. Unfortunately with rehab hosting a whopping 5% success rate for opioid addiction, what other options are there? Jail? ain't much recovery. in those places.

Fact is drug replacement is the best we got at this point in history. Andpeople can and do get off it eventually. u just gotta not wantto go backward enough.