It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have United Healthcare Insurance. I am lucky , I know. The problem I am having is finding a legitimate healthcare provider that accepts Insurance and the office visit co-pays. My current doctor is actually (in-network) with United Healthcare , but he declines to accept the co-pay but is still using insurance to charge for lab fees. His prescription writing fee; as I refer to it, is $175 and that's with a long time customer discount , down $25 from the standard $200 . $300-500 for first time or fallen off the wagon schmucks.

I don't know if this is illegal but it certainly seems at the least unfair at the most fraud. If anyone can offer advice , I will be grateful.

These guys have the gall; after turning down my co-pay for suboxone treatment, to invite me to use them for any other "normal" office visits or check ups. It just seems unfair and exploitive of folks who are often desperate for fear of getting "dope sick."

Thanks,
Flyrishman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:09 pm 

Finding the right doctor to fit your criteria may be difficult and often requires that you spend a lot of time on the phone. You can start here: https://www.naabt.org/

Use the "treatment match" section to come up with a list of potential names in your area, and then start calling to find the answers to your questions. I hope you are successful!!

Amy