It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How everyone is doing good ! I haven't slipped up (yet) I sleep great and life is good ! I just wanted to check up on all of you that helped me through my withdrawal !

This place is amazing for helping people push through to break free of Suboxone !

Keep fighting !

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kickass Ryan! :)

Thanks for coming by. That's another person to add to the list of people doing well after Sub.

Now to get off my ass and start that thread!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It is refreshing and great to hear about someone who's been there, done that and survived. Really not only survived but SUCCEEDED. I so want to be there myself. Don't laugh, I ve only been on Suboxone for about 6 weeks. I hate this drug. Almost as musch as I hate pain meds. I feel terrible on it and so just want to be off drugs and back to my real self. Thanks for your inspiration and congratulations!!! :roll:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats!

Thanks for stopping in and starting this thread.. i think the more people that come in and give positive stories about bupe in the rearearview the better. It's nice to hear success stories to counteract the flood of horrible neverending withdrawal nightmares that are so prevalent about quitting sub.

It's be nice to get more details like how long were you on? What made you decide it was time to quit? What was your dose? Did you taper. basically anything and everything you wanna share about this part of your story would be awesome for people to be able to read.

Thanks and best of luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

congrats rycat18'. on your recovery off suboxone/not bupe. i also want to be were your at as long as i stay clean :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

WheresTheZone,

I was on Suboxone for alittle over 2 years. 32mgs to start then went down about every 6 months, I did kind of a different taper though ( I AM NOT A DOCTOR, SO DON'T TAKE THIS FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH ) I stopped Suboxone and not even 24 hours later I was in Withdrawal Hell ! It was 20x worse than Lorcet withdrawal ! So, I went to a Pill Mill Doctor and got 120 Lorcets and 90 Somas. Then I just took about 10 a day, trying to get addicted back on those to ride out the Suboxone Withdrawal. It worked pretty well, except the sleeping factor ! I would say I was in Suboxone Withdrawal for about 29 days ( about every week sleep would get alittle better ) I got some Catapres 0.1 mg too ( it helped as well with sleep ).
The best thing about my withdrawal is NO PAWS. I refused to believe that I would still be in pain for an extra 6 months. And guess what, it never came !

You have to be mentally strong to beat Suboxone ! Just do what I did and say everyday to yourself " Tomorrow will be better than Today ! "

Everyday you will feel better, but very emotional, because you won't have anything numbing your emotions anymore. You can beat the sad emotions by thinking about good times you had before you were an addict. Play old songs that remind you of "the good old days". It will help !

Most Importantly, remember that YOU WEREN'T ALWAYS AN ADDICT ! YOU DID JUST FINE WITHOUT DRUGS AT ONE POINT IN YOUR LIFE, SO WHY NOT AGAIN....WHY NOT NOW?!

GoodLuck My Friends, I will be checking up on you guys !

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats Ryan.

I'd suggest to people on the forum to be really cautious if you're considering going down a similar route. For many people, just the act of going to a pill mill and getting involved with that scene again can get that old circuit going.

There are varying levels of addiction. I knew a guy that was able to keep a cap of heroin and needles in his glovebox during his first year of recovery. I know I couldn't do that, so I'm not about to try. I once tried to use heroin to avoid the intense withdrawal of buprenorphine. Needless to say it didn't work out as planned (mainly because the detox used bupe to get me off the heroin I was using to get me off the bupe)... anyway.

I guess just know your limits is all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ya but as ryka- did it was because he was on subs so long that his mind was deadly against and going back to
all that hard work and mostly when subs blow any possible highs we liked be for subs. it would just be so dam crazy
to go back to the drug that got us on a very much stronger drug in the first place. just crazy i say. it would not be nothing
like it was, so would be much less hard to stop the drug be for suboxone

Post subject: Switching to SAOs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just want to say that I switched to poppy pods for a little over a month after sub and maintained on a consistent low dose. I stopped and had 2 days of hell withdrawal, however it wasn't bad at all after that. It worked for me, however I wouldn't suggest any other SAO. Pods were twice a day low dose easy to maintain. I know for a fact it helped after being on sub 3-1/2 years. It has been 19 days off of the pods and about 50 or more off of the subs and I am not doing too bad.