It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

im sure many have said this before but lets think about the insurance the pharmacy and doctors suppose you get your opiates legally prescribed and you have good insurance. i myself am on medicaid my visits and my vicodins or percocets were paid for in full however i go to the doctor for suboxone and i cant even get the visit paid for. i think the system is really messed up and they need to help users who wish to get off opiates! by making it as easy or even easier to get suboxone to stop using if they want to what the hell is wrong with the system!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Know what's REALLY messed up????

I pay outta pocket for MY suboxone, and the appts.... I did find a dr. with a sliding scale, but let's face it, I dont' care
WHO YOU ARE,,,,
four hundred a month for medication, is ridiculous!!!!
BUT,,,,
In MY addiction,,, for ME,,,,,, my "habit" was over $100 a DAY, to not even be high, but JUST to NOT BE DOPE SICK

so, I don't know how your math is working, but Im saving a WHOLE HELL OF ALOT.

Now, Im not saying the healthcare system is awesome, NO WAY.....
I can't even GET INSURANCE.
did you know, in MY STATE,
medicaid
ONLY COVERS CHILDREN and people that are "terminally ill"
you can file for the "lotto" where they pull out so many Social security numbers and TRY to get on it,
which I have TWICE,, two years straight, and NOPE,,,, not me!!!
So,,
just so you know,,,,, too,,,,,,
I went on suboxone, in april of 2011
I stole my grandma's credit card, in january, and by the middle of march, I had EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS on it, of cash
advances, YEP for pills. I didn't even pay the rent!! I also went thru all the money my husband made working.
so, Im definitely saving money.
Of course, I had been kicked out of every pain clinic within a hundred mile radius after 10 years of being on pain pills.

so,
there's my two cents....even WITH paying outta pocket,, Im saving money... even IF my dr. didn't have a sliding scale, i'd still
pay and be ON SUBOXONE.
Becuz at least I can KEEP A JOB, while on it.
I've been at my job now, almost TWO YEARS ,,, the LONGEST I've EVER kept a job!!!
Im sorry things are working out for you right now, and I do VERY much hope they will get better soon.
my first two or three months on suboxone, was ROUGH to say the least.
but hang in there,
YOUR good efforts DO PAY OFF,
I promise......
as long as you really are trying!!!

there's a PROGRAM called "here to help" where RB pays for up to three films a day, for TWELVE MONTHS
I did it,,, each dr. can have THREE patients on it, and their income guidelines are actualy really high,, meaning I was WAY under it.
it expired about four months ago though. (if you need any information, I have the phone number/fax number)
I've been on sub now almost two years.
So,,,, I feel your pain!!!

hang in there,,, Hopefully things will get better. I know they don't get better, USING though........

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

amber4.14.11 wrote:
there's a PROGRAM called "here to help" where RB pays for up to three films a day, for TWELVE MONTHS...

What you're describing is actually called the "Patient Assistance Program". The Here to Help Program is designed to help keep SUBOXONE Film patients engaged in treatment by:

- Providing access to www.HereToHelpProgram.com, where patients can learn about managing opioid dependence as a chronic disease and participate in interactive exercises that can support their recovery;
- Connecting patients to resources—patients can call 866-973-HERE (4373) for help finding counseling options in their area;
- Focusing patients on their goals—e-mail support provides patients with guidance relevant to their treatment.

(http://www.suboxone.com/hcp/here_to_help/default.aspx)

Just thought I would mention that for the purposes of clarification.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

wow guys im amazed and greatful for the outpouring of help thats alot of information to take in ill carefully look into it. and yes i agree it is in the long run going to bbe cheaper than using the real thing i do understand that. especially since i bought it illegally with my friends all the time when i couldnt get from my doctors because id always finish way sooner than my refills. however i just think it really sucks that i get the money for the drugs that fuel my addiction and for the most part the insurance does so little in my opinion to help out however i will look into what you guys were telling me about thatnks alot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Great topic to talk about man!

I think this is fucking disgusting how this works. When i was in active addiction and getting my pain meds from my Dr my copay to see him with my insurance was 5$. And to get my meds my copay for 90 80mg oxys and 30 fentora pills coast me 20$. Just to see the suboxone Dr every time was 250 not including meds. Than when i went to get my first suboxone script, was 450 for 14 8mg pills. How fucked up is that. The meds that ruin our lifes was dirt cheap but the meds to save our life are so expensive many of us had to choose either food or meds. Some months. Thank god i had a great Dr that went to court with me to get them to cover my suboxone scripts/visit. But that was 3 months into treatment if i didnt sell drugs during my active using days i would of ended u back on the junk.

Thats why im a strong supporter of methadone its really cheap and works alot better in my eyes for pain of course, but cravings too. But each to there own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i agree! and i looked into methadone but i didnt think that troute was for me because i would have had to go away then have to be bound to going every single day and thats not for me i am perfectly content with my current arrangement for suboxone even tho its costing me a fortune and yes it seems like selling drugs is the only way to pay for this stuff! however its also scary because i never got caught from the law while i was using and im not about to take the chance now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TakeNoPrisoners wrote:
amber4.14.11 wrote:
there's a PROGRAM called "here to help" where RB pays for up to three films a day, for TWELVE MONTHS...

What you're describing is actually called the "Patient Assistance Program". The Here to Help Program is designed to help keep SUBOXONE Film patients engaged in treatment by:

- Providing access to www.HereToHelpProgram.com, where patients can learn about managing opioid dependence as a chronic disease and participate in interactive exercises that can support their recovery;
- Connecting patients to resources—patients can call 866-973-HERE (4373) for help finding counseling options in their area;
- Focusing patients on their goals—e-mail support provides patients with guidance relevant to their treatment.

(http://www.suboxone.com/hcp/here_to_help/default.aspx)

Just thought I would mention that for the purposes of clarification.

Just for "clarification" purposes....

the CARD they sent ME in the mail, SAYS, ,,, "here to help" ON IT.
in the upper left hand corner, with the lil birdy thing and everything

that's why I wrote it that way.
thanks, though

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

onsubs89 wrote:
i agree! and i looked into methadone but i didnt think that troute was for me because i would have had to go away then have to be bound to going every single day and thats not for me i am perfectly content with my current arrangement for suboxone even tho its costing me a fortune and yes it seems like selling drugs is the only way to pay for this stuff! however its also scary because i never got caught from the law while i was using and im not about to take the chance now!

I wasn't selling why I was on suboxone I meant luckily I had a lot of money saved from when I was selling during my active using days. I couldn't of afforded suboxone without doing what I did in my past. I know the whole going to the clinic every day doesn't sound fun but it really isn't that bad. And you start getting take homes not long after. But it's not for everyone, I will state that I do think people would be more successful having to go every day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ive heard that i guess what your saying is out of sight out of mind? so sttatistically those who go have less chances of relapse because of the new routine

Post subject: Cost of Addiction
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:02 pm 

Hey onsubs89,

Is it really cheaper to continue using opiates not as prescribed? The way I look at it is that yes, this way does cost more but what is my peace of mind worth? A totally different piece of currency there and I'm much better for it. My recovery peace of mind is worth a whole lot more than free pain meds.

Good subject to talk about.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Apply the word "Cheaper" to a wider context. Can you place a $ value on the damage we do to our relationships, our jobs, our self-worth, our standing in society, our morals etc etc.

Last edited by TeeJay on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

im with u on that one i just wish that the insurance companies and doctors did more to help us addicts out here it really isnt fair that treatment for a life ruining and for some life threatening disease be so costly to treat look at it this way god forbid and individual gets a terminal illness they r usually covered and not looked down on as it being their fault or undeserving i believe as i think suboxdoc said and many others have that opioid addiction is a dangerous and terminal disease of the mind and that if left untreated it will ruin your life and possibly kill you obviously im right here statistics prove this so im sure were all on the same page anyway those r my views

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Copays for chemo run thousands of dollars per year. One surgery runs in the tens of thousands. I'm sorry--- but people will spend a buck per mg for OC-- add that up over a few months of using, and compare it to staying clean on bupe--- it's a bargain. Or compare it to residential treatment that rarely works--- I paid over 40 grand for mine, and insurance didn't cover a dime. You can cover bupe tx with no insurance at all, for less than 5 K per year --- you won't find any better bargain in medicine. Back surgery? 50 grand. ACL tear? 20 grand.

Don't mean to go on and on, but u wrote it is cheaper to keep using-- no way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yeah your right thanks for the quick reply suboxdoc i love your videos and im glad that you provided me with more great information! the reason i wrote it that way is because my prescriptions for opiates were a dollar im on medicaid and i guess it kind of ticked me off that was just my personal experience and i felt like venting but i know in the long run im saving for sure since i am back on suboxone.. since my doctors were going to cut me off soon from my on going vicodin prescription i would have been shit out of luck and buying large amounts on the streets anyway i love this site and the community and im happy to be learning so much and hearing from u guys