It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:54 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have a question for someone. So my husband has been going to one of those pay to prescribe doctors for about 7 months. He is prescribed 2 8mg strips a day. Today his doctor said his levels are really low, about 60, when they should be 300 – 400 (I’m not really sure what he’s measuring). Here is the issue.. We cannot afford for us both to go to the clinic, so he’s been sharing with me. I’m assuming that’s why he’s low, but that’s a lot lower than he should be. If he has an average metabolism, if he takes 1 sub before bed and 1 sub in the morning (his appointment is usually around 11:30) will his levels be okay? I know what we’re doing is illegal, I get that. We’re already paying $80 every 2 weeks for the visit, and about 20 is gas to drive almost 2hrs away to get it. There is no way we can double that. We’re not selling, just cheating the $$ system.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:17 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

you could both start tapering down. he could tell the dr he's been tapering down but wasn't stable at the lower dose and didn't want to commit to it just yet.
what kind of test was it? did they send it to a lab? my therapist is the only one who sent a test out. both the sub drs i've been to just use cup tests which just test that subs are present.
i'm not sure how to help with the levels. if its a lab testing it they would be able to tell if you just took a lot before the test because the results show the 1/2 life (at least on the one test i had done by my therapist)

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you tried to use the resources for finding doctors available here on this site? I've seen people that really applaud the service, some saying that a doctor had emailed them within 10 minutes (and it was the actual doctor, not a nurse or an office assistant)..

There are some options I would be looking into, while continuing to stay clean of course...but I would try to find another method...

I've been in that situation with money. I used to be forced to buy 2-3 suboxone pills every couple days...because money was SO tight..

And luckily, the pharmacist was very understanding and tried to help me where he could..
But it's very hard to stay on the straight and narrow...
My wife doesn't take anything ...so it's only me..
but I have to say, it's been a struggle at times...

A couple of things...He could ask the doctor to give him an increase to 3 per day...
What I would probably try -- but only after I find another doctor and call to be sure I can get in...would be to explain, with complete honesty, to his doctor what's happening..
He could just tell the doctor that he wants to be honest...and explain the situation about both of you needing help, but not really being able to afford both office visits / etc...and ask if there's any way at all they could give you a break on the fees.

Could you financially handle the expense if both of you are prescribed Suboxone?

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

To be honest it sounds weird. Your hubbys 8mg per day should be sufficient to have a high value on the test. After all it's been 7 months, and it has accumulated in his body.

Realize that the more water you drink, the less concentrated the urine will be. Next time, he could leave his morning urine. That urine is the most concentrated. Preferably without drinking much water before bed.

I think that should do the trick!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Is anyone in va