It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on Suboxone for about 3 months now, and it really is a lifesaver for me. I just want to make sure I am getting 100% or best absorption from the films. I use the mirror to put them under my tongue and i face the N2 logo against my tongue so after about a half hour of letting it dissolve, I look in the mirror and see if there is any of the printed logo still on my tongue. I can usually tell that I absorbed as much as I could when I don't see any of the logo there. Most of the time I can still see some of the printing, and then I will wait until the printing is completely gone, then I know it is absorbed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I guess my question is....does any one else face the printed side against the underside of their tongue for the same reason ? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's impossible to get 100% absorbtion with any sublingual or oral medication. I think 40% absorbtion with the film is really high. You'd be luck to get that on your best day.

As for maximum absorbtion. I don't really care much about it as I don't have to pay any extra for higher doses of Sub. It's just under $5 a day no matter the dose down here. Some of the others could help you no doubt.

Also no I don't really look to see the underside of the tongue. But something I would advise (and might be worth experimenting with) is rubbing the film all around your mouth once it's dissolved a bit. We absorb buprenorphine all over the mouth, not just under the tongue. Some people get good results rubbing it all around the mouth, esp places where the membrane is thinner like the lining of the cheeks.

If you've got your heart set on getting more bang for your buck, I've heard of people putting a drop of spirits - vodka, whisky / bourbon or whatever, under their tongue with their suboxone. I find the idea a bit concerning though as it's reminiscent or mixing opioid with alcohol to get more of an effect... In fact... it is exactly that.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the advice TeeJay, I will try to rub it around my mouth after it dissolves. I'm not too concerned about the cost that much either,luckily my insurance covers all but a small co-pay. I just want to make sure I'm getting the full effects of the film, because I am still getting cravings at 16 milligrams a day. Thanks again for the reply ![font=Arial] [/font]

Post subject: Suboxone
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

When I first started Suboxone, my doc told me to place the strip under the tongue and let it set here for 15 minutes and then like was said earlier, to "swish" the saliva around in your mouth for up to a total of 30 miuntes, "if you can for 30 minutes".

The longer you wait before you swallow or drink anything the better it will be absorbed.

I was told to not smoke while dosing also.

Hope this helps...

bxr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When taking a strip sub-lingual, If youre say taking 8mg, you're never actually taking 8mg because only about 30% I believe of that 8mg is actually absorbing into your body.. theres many way to get max absorption, just look around this forum and I know this topic has been discussed many times. I also wanted to point out that suboxone DOES NOT take away all of your cravings, thats why its best to do some sort of program as well, to help you manage what cravings you do have without resorting to using. Cravings is just something we have to learn to live with, we have to learn to cope with them just like everything else. Sub does help with a majority of them but its not supposed to just take everything away. Good luck with everything and if you're not in some type of program, I HIGHLY suggest getting into something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:22 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I take my film and put in in my lip, between gums and lip, like chewing tobacco. It takes along time to disolve, but i sometimes dont even taste it, and i can tell im getting more than enough absorption this way.