It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: How can I get suboxone?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:01 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello my name is Dan I live in the seattle area I am 21 yrs old and I am looking to get off oxy. I have been on it for 8 months consistantly. I can not afford doctors in my area charge alot. Please help my life goes further down the drain everyday. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

http://www.suboxone.com/patients/resour ... octor.aspx

Look on that website for a doctor. It doesn't list all of the doctors though but it is a start! I hope that helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:33 pm 
Hi Dan and welcome! Being addicted to oxy sucks, doesn't it?! I don't know how much you are taking or how you are getting it, but I would encourage you to put a pencil to how much you are spending to maintain your addiction. Be honest about it......how much are you paying for the drugs, how much time are you spending to find and get your drugs? Are you missing work because of your addiction, or maybe unable to find work because of it? These are just a few of the financial aspects of addiction. Plus there's what it's costing you in terms of messed up relationships, your reputation, your health and so forth. And how much more is this going to cost you as you move forward? How many more relationships will be ruined? How many jobs will it cost you? Will it cost you the possibility of getting a college education? Will the addiction lead you to more and more illegal activity? Might you even end up in jail because of it? Then, there's the ultimate price you might potentially pay.....your life! No joke....a lot of young people your age are dying of accidental overdose of opiates and/or benzos.....a lot of people!!
So think about all this. You are worth whatever it costs to get this done!! Don't let anything stop you now.....It sounds like you're ready and willing to make a change. Now make it happen!! Start with the link you were given above and start making phone calls. There is a pretty wide range of costs and requirements from one doctor to another. So I would call everyone within at least a 100-mile radius and compare costs for treatment. Be sure and ask about things like: What is involved in the first appointment.....exactly how much will it cost me, including doctor fee, any lab work, etc? What are the charges for the follow-up appointments? How many times per month will I be required to come in? Will I have to have and pay for drug testing every time and how much does that cost? Will I be required to have therapy or any type of treatment program in addition to my Suboxone? Who does that have to go through and how much does that cost? What is the doctor's philosophy about short-term versus long-term treatment with Suboxone? You get the idea......just be ready with a comprehensive list of questions so you'll know what you're getting into in terms of cost and other issues. Figure out which doctor will work best and get to work! If you have to.....save your money up for a while so you can get this done. Or if possible, ask a loved one for a loan. This is just really important Dan, and I want you do get the help you need! I can almost promise you that it will be some of the best money you'll ever spend!!
Good luck and let us know what you find out!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:01 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Wow, excellent info from setmefree!!! You hit the nail on the head!! Dan, please take her advice to heart, setmefree always has great insight and knows where you are coming from. We all know where you are coming from. It sucks, really does suck!

Thankfully, I have been on Subxone for over 8 months and doing much better than I was prior in my active addiction. I don't have insurance and I know it can cost a bit. Setmefree went into the other costs, besides money, and that is so not an exaggeration (spelling?!?). Doctors have many different rates, but you might be able to find one $100 once a month plus meds. (There is an assistance program for the meds as well......). To save some typing, I pay bout $500 per month with travel (125miles each way). I could spend that in a day or two easily when I was using. Even if you end up paying more than $500 per month, it is still worth it. Think about it: 8mg Suboxone can go for $5-$30 on the streets according to some who state that online that I have read. If you are buying your subs for $30+ per pill, well, lets just say it will be much cheaper to do it the correct way, legally through the doctor. You will also feel better about yourself knowing that you wouldn't be breaking any laws to get the meds rather than breaking the law getting them on the street and the risk!!

Check out the above link and even do a google for "suboxone doctor locator" or similar. There are a good bunch that you can choose from.

Best of luck to you, and if we can do anything, just let us know....PM, post, whatever. If you need specific instructions, just ask. Take care!!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

setmefree speaks the truth! I will tell you now. About five years ago is when I really started heavy on opiates. It started where I only did them on weekends before I would go out. Then of course, it went from there to every few days... then every day. It got the point where I started taking so much a day, then the next day I would wake up and my legs would hurt. I would have diarrhea etc. We all know these feelings. So I started taking opiates consistently, every day for about 2 years. One time I rode by the college, ( I am in college and have two semesters left before I get my bachelors degree) I have three others with me. My truck is a three person truck and of course there are four people riding. The campus police pull us over. I had 40 hydrocodone tens on me. I tell you, it cost me soooo much money to get myself out of that one. I spent 2500 on an attorney.

Then I spent 800 dollars on my diversion. At this point, I realize that I am really messing up my future. I have a 3.8 GPA. Everyone that I hang out with know that I am a really smart person. I work for Centurylink. The next day I come to work after I was bailed out, and my boss brings me into his office and starts asking me questions. At this point I think to myself " I could probably lose my job over this". Then I got to thinking that I would lose my financial aid and my scholarships. I was so happy I was able to get diversion, yet I was unable to stop taking illicit drugs!! I started taking a lot morphine. I was getting 30 mg tablets and taking 3-4 a day. I was pulled over one day and had to eat what I had on me so I wouldn't go back to jail. My god, you would think I have learned my lesson.

I was shook horribly, but do you think I was going to stop? No!! The point is, you would think you would learn your lesson after acknowledging you could lose everything. The addiction was just too much to handle!!! See in my case, it is my fault I am addicted. Never in my life would I have thought I would get addicted to opiates. It happened though and I regret every minute of it. It is like a prison. Here I am, 23 years old. A young guy with a bright future. Addicted to opiates. But you know what? After realizing that I am risking my future and my life is starting to fade away, I discovered Suboxone. Please, if you are addicted to opiates, do whatever you can to get on it. It will change your life, much like it did mine and many other people that are addicted. I have no health insurance. I work-part time and go to school full-time. I pay so much for my script it is not even right. But you know what? I realize there is no price tag on staying clean. And honestly, in the long run it WILL pay off. I am starting to taper off, and it is working!!! I hope to start reducing my intake really soon. Suboxone is a powerful drug and it really doesn't take much to make you feel NORMAL! I forgot what it felt like until I started taking Suboxone. Honestly, what I pay for suboxone I could almost pay a mortgage payment. Is it worth it? You damn right it is! Do not let the cost discourage you. I wish you well my friend, and I am so sorry for the long rant. I just felt that I needed to express my situation and elaborate on what setmefree was expressing about staying out of jail. Good luck my friend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I sent you a private message as I too live in this area. I agree with everyone in that unless you are getting your oxy for free right now you are probably spending way more on the oxy than you will on the suboxone. If you have one....use a credit card to get you started on it and then figure out the payments. More than anything, do whatever you have to do to get on it and get started. Everything will become far more clear after that.

If I knew then what I know now about suboxone then I would have pawned everything I own to get on it. It is worth it in my opinion. Borrow from family if you are able to. Anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:36 pm 
Vandiar, Thanks for sharing your story......great story! Yeah, you look back and think, "what the hell?" That is addiction....you absolutely lose your power to choose once you cross that line. The thing is.....you didn't even see the line when you crossed it, right?! I know I didn't....not until it was too late. I lost so much you guys! My career in a recession-proof field, a real good annual income, my credibility, the respect of others and my self respect.....the list goes on and on! When I think about what I've lost financially, it makes me sick!
Anyone out there who is going back and forth about the cost of Suboxone treatment - listen to us!! If you are fortunate enough to have not already spent a ton of money, gone to jail, lost a job, or worse.....do those of us who have lost so much the favor of getting help before it's too late!
There is nothing I can do about what happened to me. If I can save just one person the misery I've gone through, I will feel like it all wasn't for nothing. So please, do as we're telling you.....get a loan, put it on a credit card, get an extra job, whatever it takes. It will be less expensive than what your addiction will ultimately cost you.....I promise!

Post subject: You are on your way!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:33 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Dan,
You have found a great resource for information on Addiction and Suboxone. As Setmefree and others have said . Now do some " Homework " and get as much info as you can. Someone said they live in your area? Do yourself a favor and get in touch with them! They have already done some of the work for you and are willing to share their information with you! That is going to be Huge as you move forward...... I'm sure you have heard this old saying before but " Keep your eye on the Ball" you have way to much to lose and that could include your LIFE.... I am not trying to scare you or make you nrevous just being honest.... I was doing about 300 350mgs. of Oxycodone when I got into Suboxone treatment a year ago. It has saved my life. Not all of my troubles disappeared But, I can see them clearly now and that makes it easier to deal with them!!!! I am in my 13th month of treatment that includes 16mgs of Suboxone / day and Therapy every other week and I feel better Physicaly and Mentaly than I have in 15 years!!!! I hope you keep moving forward in your RECOVERY and Please keep us posted on your progress. We ALL look forward to your success........ Best of luck!!

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just found a new suboxone site for finding a doc at http://www.suboxone-directory.com/

I found WAY more providers with WAY more accurate phone numbers there than I did on the main suboxone site and I had no success through the matching system either.