It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:02 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I,ve benn on suboxone,and clean for over a year,and i heard stories of people getting two-weeks
of treament for 100 dollars,(after they went for a month)yet i am stuck with 100 aweek.200 for two 300for 3 weeks...ect.Is there any way i can find a better deal?is it legal?its over 120 miles round trip.recently unemployed im willing to relocate,
for i am looking job,to make sure i can stay on treatment.im ready to taper down on #of pills,every time they ask"are u ready to come down a pill?",and i say are u ever gonna cut me a deal on visit fee?this does make me anxious.thnx4yourtime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:17 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Jason!

YOWZA, I can understand your desire for another doctor!

Here is what I did (basically). Go to this website:

http://www.suboxone.com/

there is a link in the right hand corner called 'find a doc'. I used that and expanded my search radius to what I was thinking about driving.

Then, when I saw the list, I began to 'google' for that specific doctor (and usually their clinic). I rotated through that process until I found a place that was a 'family practice clinic' with great information about their approach. I e-mailed them, and then a phone call to get details. In my case it was the same as you $100 first week, then $100 for 2 weeks, now $100 for 4 weeks. That's their limit - once a month. The other good news is that because this is a family clinic and I have the forum here for more complex, or consistent issues - I also have someone who is treating my hypertension etc. It's like a whole package deal.

I hope this helps. you can also google 'find suboxone doctor' and there are a couple of other sites as well. The first one just worked for me, and is part of the manufacturers support system 'Here to Help'.

Please, keep us posted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:44 pm 
Hi Jason and welcome! Yeah, try the link and advice that LatheDude gave you. Not knowing where you live, whether a rural area or close to a larger city, it's hard to say what your options might be. But I'm pretty sure you should be able to find other alternatives for your treatment. I live close to a moderately large city and there were probably at least 8 or 10 doctors who are able to prescribe Sub in my area. There were some psychiatrists (generally more $$) and there were family practice clinics (like Lathedude's) with varying fees. Mine (a family doc who runs a minor emergency clinic also) charged $375 (as I recall) for the first visit and charges $200 (cash only, no insurance) for each subsequent visit. He requires one visit per month and he says I must come in every month no matter how long I'm on Sub. That's still less than what you've been paying. So yeah, I think you might be able to do better. When you call around to make your inquiries, be sure to ask not only about what they charge and how often you must come in, but also ask about the doctor's philosophy for treatment to make sure it lines out with your plans (ie does he/she allow patients to stay on Suboxone indefinitely or do they insist on tapering and going off Sub on some predetermined timeline?)
Good luck with it! I hope you find a more cost effective way to stay in treatment.
Also, please come back and keep sharing with us here. We love to have active members here on the forum!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I used the same link to find my dr when i started and then i called around asking the cost and wow there was a major price difference I heard anywhere between 300-800 for the induction NONE took my ins even though they took my ins say if I was depressed or bipolar just cash for the subs they all told me. I found a psychiatry practice that I love only 1 dr there does the sub treatment and it was 300.00 for induction followed by 75.00 for but after my induction following visit. I had to go two weeks after that we went to once monthly. This seems to be very reasonable from what i have heard from others so keep calling there are some dr don’t charge a fortune, good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:47 am 
WOW! I was just reading Dr. Juning's blog about how the Sub manufacturer didn't properly introduce the drug so there is very little acceptance in the medical comminity. But he did not go on to say what I am reading here, that doc's won't even take your insurance if you HAVE it! Yet if you were bipolar or had any other disorder you would be covered. It is so grossly unjust. I just posted a new thread about all the problems I've had with my doc, but at least he took my insurance. I really could not have afforded the huge sums you guys are paying out of pocket. Maybe I should just stay with him to get the scripts and find a therapist or someone on my own who can help with my addiction issues. For those of you who do have insurance, maybe you can shop around for someone who will take it. My co-pay is only like $25! Good luck to all of you.
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I posted in the other one but don't miss the suboxone_directory website. I found way more docs on there and there was information about each of them. I don't live in a large town, but it is about 100,000 people but there are twp very large cities about an hour away each direction. I can't really even cont the number of prescribers, but they are often full. I think there were about 25 within 45 miles. Some take insurance and some don't. You just have to ask questions. A lot are cash only but I think that is changing now that there is more competition out there. I pay $150 doctor fee (don't take insurance but I can bill it on my own. If I wanted I would get all of my other health care needs from this family practice doc for the same $150. It is all inclusive. Just keep shopping.

I like my current one because she respects the relationship I have with my current GP. She spends time with me. She is really big on all of my medical providers sharing information so I receive a team approach. I know she will put my helath first and I will be well taken care of.

Cherie