It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:05 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

im currently prescribed 8mg suboxone strips one per day . i was taking from90mg to 300mg of oxycodone and random bags of heroin just so i wouldnt get sick, was doing this for roughly 4 years. im doing an outpatient program and being switched to zubsolv i would imagine it would be 5.7mg. i feel like this amount is not lasting all day and dont wont to sound like im trying to get high from the bup. how does one go about asking there doc for more with out pissing them off. any help?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:44 pm 

Hey Lee welcome.

There's no real strategy for talking about this with ur Dr, just be completely honest and tell him/her exactly what u told us. There's actually been several ppl come to this forum that has issues with being switched to a different form of bupe. Some ppl it doesn't bother and others swear it's not working as well. Ur Dr has probably heard this exact complaint from another patient in the past I'm sure. So yeah, just be completely honest and see what ur Dr says. They'll either up ur dose a little bit or say no, either way at least u tried.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:04 pm 

Hi, Yes, I agree with Jenn! Honesty is always the best policy! So, is 8mgs working or are you having withdrawl symptoms? If the 8 is working and they switch to the equivalent, than you may have to get past your fear and give it a try. If it does work, great! If not, let your doc know of the withdrawl symptoms you are experiencing. I am sure he/she will work with you to alleviate the symptoms. If not, look for a new doctor! My feeling is that he/she should be working with you! Good luck and let us know how you make out!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:44 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

thank you to both people who answered . was honest about how i felt and dr helped adjust me thank you very much