It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:12 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I see a lot of posters are saying their normal dose is either too high or too low. Just how is a Strip (for example) made? Is it a liquid poured onto a flat surface and rolled out? Or, is it sprayed onto a filler material? If you hold up a film and look at it. It has all these little specks in it. Is the specks Bupe or Naloxone? I have even seen a strip that had 1 big glob in the middle. So what is the deal people? Some strips are even thicker or thinner? How can splitting them be accurate if this is the case?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:15 am 

Good question, but I'm sorry to say that I have no idea! :)

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:19 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

LoL!!
And how is my favorite mod today?
I'll bet I have everyone looking at their strips today! LMAO

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

funny you should ask. It is def not evenly sprayed on there. The reason why i say this is that my pharmacist got pissed off at my doctor for writing the prescription. "Take 1/2 a strip twice daily". The pharmacist explained to me that the dose on the strip is not evenly distributed and we are not supposed to cut it at all.

Needless to say they gave me my script anyway. I guess my point is that you really can't guarantee the same amount from cutting the strip. I am guessing that the amount is distributed as evenly as possible but not an exact science. Hence the argument with the pharmacist over cutting my strips.

because of the long half life of the meds. I can't tell any difference from 1/2 a dose to 1/2 dose.

Maybe an expert has a better explanation for you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:23 pm 

happyg1961 wrote:
LoL!!
And how is my favorite mod today?
I'll bet I have everyone looking at their strips today! LMAO

It would be nice if we could tell by looking, that's for sure!

I'm having a great day and I hope you are too! :)

Amy

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was always under the impression that it was distributaed equally throught out the strip...I mean when I was on 16mg for the longet(though I took 12mg most of the time) and now I'm now to 8mg a day but have been taking 4-6mg a day. But when I cut the 8 in half to take 4mg I never notice a difference, maybe it's becuase the half life is so long, and bupe is some pretty strong stuff anyway. I really wish they made the pills instead of the strips still, they could have just put the pill in the wrapper sicne 'child proof' was there concern(which is bs, I think it was because generics started coming out, so they had to come out with something that would make people want the name brand, something that dissolves faster and all that.) Though I don't hold mine under my tounge(I plug, better bioavaibitly and I don't have to use as much, and seems to last longer) but IF I was taking the pills under the tounge I would just crush them to a powder and hold that under there instead of wating for a whole pill to disslove...point is I just wish they still made the name brand pills.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The rule of thumb (back in the day) was if a pill wasn't scored it could not be split. No score meant the medication was not evenly distributed in the medication. So based on that I would imagine the films do not contain the same amount of medication throughout the film.