It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:48 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, I have been taking TWO 8mg strips a day for a long time. Been sober for 2 years. Got really sad and triggered last night and bought dope (heroin). I shot up a few times last night and tonight. I'm not buying anymore. I just want to know if I have to wait the 24 hours to start dosing back on my subs again. I had surgery a month ago and they used an opioid as an anesthetic to knock me out. I asked my doctor if there will be any complications when I take my suboxone afterward like WILL I GO INTO PRECIPITATED WITHDRAWAL? He said NO. Not if you were already on suboxone prior to the opiate dose, and not only if its like a one time thing. Well, I've shot up a few times within a 24 hour period, I know I'm not going to withdrawal from the heroin, if anything I'd be withdrawing from the subs if I wait n wait. I even had someone else (not a doc) tell me the saame thing, that I can go back to taking subs right after a relapse if I was on it before, and I won't get precipitated withdrawals. That's my worst fear, but if it's not a legitimate fear, I want to get back on my suboxone ASAP so that I saturate my receptors and stop craving heroin because the last thing I want to do is go back to that lifestyle. I already feel gross and creepy and regretful. EW--I'm not cut out to be a junkie anymore lol even though I am a proud junkie for life but you know what I mean...I don't want to be active in my addiction. Please help me get on the right path. How many hours from last dose of heroin do I have to wait to take my 8 mg strip of sublingual suboxone film? Please don't judge...I've been coming down hard on myself all damn day as it is :( Ok, thanks guys, I appreciate you all and this site so much!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:31 am 

Elley no judgement!! U absolutely are amazing to pick urself bk up and not go any farther down the rabbit hole. So proud of u for not getting any more H. Part of recovery for many ppl is relapse, it happens so don't be too hard on urself ok!

As long as u didn't miss a dose of buprenorphine, I'd think you'd be ok to take ur dose like usual. Now if you'd went on a heroin binge for days, I'd say wait but since u never missed ur buprenorphine dose I think it's ok and ur good to go.

Just remember, stay away from anything that triggered u. I know we can't help being stressed or sad sometimes but maybe do some extra counseling or an extra meeting.... whatever u usually do, do a little more to assure urself u can handle those triggers. I think u have a wonderful outlook and u seem to know that that life isn't for u anymore.

Btw I deleted ur duplicate post, no biggie :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:46 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Jenn is right, you've made the right decision and you won't get any lectures from us. We can often be hardest on ourselves in comparison to others so be kind to yourself. You don't need to keep suffering. Put away the guilt but remember how it feels because that can help to be a deterrent in the future. I personally would wait 24 hours, but that's just me. I've seen precipitated withdrawal and I don't want any part of it... ever. Just get back on track, and like Jenn said, whatever you were doing before, or if you weren't doing much, get to some counseling or meetings. Anything to help you sort out the reasons why you use in the first place. Welcome back.

- OpenMind