It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Houston We Have Liftoff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:D Finally!!! Took my first 4mg of Suboxone film Saturday at 5:00 p.m. Within one hour I could feel the relief. I am so grateful it seems to be working as many of you have described. I was able to go to bed and did get some sleep with the help of Melatonin and Ambien. I took another 4mg at 5:00 a.m. this morning, 4mg at 12:00 noon & 4mg at 5:00 p.m. this afternoon. I am happy to say this stuff is working!!! My goal for tomorrow is to take 4mg upon wakening and 4mg at 3:00. If I start feeling sick I will take more. I see my Doctor Tuesday morning. At this point I am simply trying to find the lowest dose possible and not feel sick. It seems as if I will not need anywhere near the 16 mg per day my doctor has prescribed. She told me to find the lowest amount I could take and not feel sick. Im hoping the number will be 8mg to keep me out of withdrawal. Thanks for all the support on this site. If your like me and wondering if this stuff works, the answer as of day one is Yes!!! Peace, Moto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so glad you updated us. People have been looking at your older threads to find out how your induction went. I'm glad it's going well. Congratulations on making this huge step to take control of your life. Keep us posted.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations! Isn't it a relief? In my opinion, it takes about 3 weeks to decide on a decent dose. Try not to make your mind up before then.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad everything went so well. Thanks for the update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:26 am 
Awesome Moto! I had a good feeling about how things would go for you and I'm so happy to hear that it all went well and that you're feeling good! I will second the advice to give yourself a good week or even up to a few weeks to decide on an appropriate dose. When I first started, I was very much like you in wanting to only take the minimal amount necessary to keep w/d symptoms at bay. There's nothing really wrong with that except that sometimes the dose that keeps w/d away is not quite enough to curb cravings sufficiently. So you might just want to keep that in the back of your mind. The 8mg/day target you have in mind is often just right for a lot of people, so that's not an unrealistic goal at all, in my opinion.
Anyway....welcome to freedom and normalcy!! Ain't it great?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to the club!! Sounds like everything is going good for you. As the last person posted it is good to want to keep your dose to a minimum but right now just worry about keeping yourself comfortable. There is plenty of time to adjust your maintenance dose once you get stabilized. I was started on 12mg a day ( a half a pill three times a day due to pain management). But as time progressed I have slowly been cutting back. My first drop in dosage wasn't for a year. I went from 12mg to 8mg after 1 year, that was August 2009 - August 2010. As of December I am trying 6mg a day and so far so good. The most important part of your maintenance period will be finding the lowest possible dose that controls the withdrawal symptoms and suppresses the cravings, (very important). One last tip my doctor gave me and this info is priceless....During the beginning of your treatment and even sometimes during the maintenance period you will experience some minor withdrawal symptoms, ie.. runny nose, watery eyes, yawning, body aches and sometimes cold sweats. These are not the real thing and pass in a matter of minutes! The trick is to do something to take your mind off it, go for a walk, read a book , eat a snack, anything to distract your mind until it passes. Even if you dwell on the feelings they go away almost immediatly so dont sweat it! GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:24 pm 
This is awesome!!!! Congragulations on taking back control of your life!! I hope you will stick around with us and share your experience as you move forward!! Again congragulations!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

biggdogg wrote:
One last tip my doctor gave me and this info is priceless....During the beginning of your treatment and even sometimes during the maintenance period you will experience some minor withdrawal symptoms, ie.. runny nose, watery eyes, yawning, body aches and sometimes cold sweats. These are not the real thing and pass in a matter of minutes!

I noticed you mentioned this in another post somewhere. I'm not sure what you mean by this. I've been on sub for over two years and have never experienced this nor have I ever heard about it. Maybe you can clarify for me? That would be great. Once the opiate receptors are saturated and stay that way, there wouldn't be any signs of withdrawals...unless you're taking about something psychological. What's the mechanism behind this psychological phenomenon?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:26 pm 
I must say, i was baffled by that statement as well. I havent had the slightest touch of withdrawal since being on sub and im in my 20th month. Its possible your doctor just told you that so in the event you still had some withdrawal, you wouldnt get discouraged. Just an educated guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:39 pm 
The only symptom I get is the restless legs/achy legs comes on if I dont get good absorbtion from my dose for the day. I know its realy happening and not pyschological because on those days i'll take an extra 2mgs and in an hour or so when it kicks in the feeling goes away. I hate restless leg syndrome, people who say its a made up phenomenon and is all in your head make me laugh because it is most certainly real and one of the most uncomfortable feelings Ive ever experienced. The worst tho is when you are in realy extreme withdrawal and that RLS feeling starts happening in your arms/shoulders as well as your legs you just wanna put a gun in your mouth.