It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: 12 hours...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Mamatomonkey!
Thanks so much for journaling your experience! It's really great to have somewhat of an idea what to expect when that time comes for me to taper. I've only been on subs for about 5 weeks now and have no plans of tapering yet. But I'm sure I will look back upon this when that time comes. Congratulations to you and thanks again!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you all for the kind words!!!

Bad news. My brother in law is very uneducated about medication. He's an obese guy with several back problems and other issues. So he regularly takes muscle relaxers, Naproxen and Tramadol. He had thought he was giving me a Naproxen, and it was Tramadol. And I took 2 for 2 nights until I figured it out. They weren't small and round like I'd seen, they were more like bars. I ended up looking it up and it was in fact Tramadol.

It hasn't made me WD anything like Sub or Percocet or hell OxyContin, but it has messed things up a bit. My nights have been restless since 2 nights after taking the last one(6 days ago) and I've been really tired.

So those of you questioning Tramadol or Vicodin in the help of WD's, please don't. It'll only screw things up. I was FINALLY in the clear of RLS & my WD's were basically nothing. I only took 4 100mg all together, which is basically 4 10mg Vicodin or even weaker. Ugh. Not happy, but I will get through this again!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Feeling awesome the last few days! The minor setback was awful. But before that, I just want to document, that the RLS lasted days 2-9 and the motivation is FINALLY back!!! Here I am on day 21!!! Its beautiful outside and I have been busting my ass to clean this house and get out and about!

I honestly don't ever ever want to see a pill again. I think I might scream at it lol. The high of feeling this great is far better than the 30 minutes a pill gives me!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad the Tramadol didn't set you back too far. That was a fairly inexpensive lesson you just learned.....don't accept meds from guys named Bubba!! :wink:

Congratulations on 3 weeks off Suboxone!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:34 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Anyone experienced overwhelming hunger after quitting?! I feel like I could eat 3 cows and still be hungry!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I gained 15 lbs after stopping, if that tells you anything. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I quit, I had a massive appetite for bacon, and drank gatorade to keep my liquids up. My wife was cooking me up 1lb of bacon a day and I would devor it. I ended up shooting up to 200lbs, first time in my life that ever happened!!

I'm thinking it was several weeks later that my appetite kinda came back into line, then I ended up losing most all of the weight I gained.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mamatomonkey wrote:
Anyone experienced overwhelming hunger after quitting?! I feel like I could eat 3 cows and still be hungry!!!

Oh yeah, I sure did gain a few pounds after stopping the subs! And it wasn't baby weight at the time either! :D

I'm a total and complete health nut and I always watch very carefully what I eat, all the time. I devour fresh fruits and veggies at every meal, but once off the subs the weight began adding and I was trying to fight every pound gained.

I also found myself eating a few things I would NEVER have eaten before. Pizza became my best friend! :shock: And not just a slice and done, it was 2-3 followed by another sometimes!!

I was able to get it off, and it really wasn't THAT much weight, but now it's happening again and the baby is to blame this time!!! :lol:

Hope your doing ok Mommy!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

mamatomonkey wrote:

I haven't experienced this yet. But sub itself made me hungry. I craved sweets like crazy.

"the only way out is through"