It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:49 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey everyone I'm completely new this is my first post so bare with me I'm looking for some insight about what is to come in the next few days here is my back story summed up I abused oxy for about a year when it started to get bad( was taking an average of 60mg day and as high as 90mg a day)I had to quit I didn't taper my oxy but when on suboxone after the wd kicked in I did how ever taper the suboxone down to crumbs it went like this

Day 1 sub 2mg
Day 2 sub 2mg
Day 3 sub 1mg for a week
Day 10 sub .5mg for a week
Day 17-21 crumbs they were 8mg pills which I was using a knife to cut up
I don't remember how much sub I used all together maybe a total of 16mg 20mg max

I am now 72 hours since my last crumb of sub I haven't slept well the past 2 nights I get mild hot and cold flashes and a little bit of depression but all bare able is it going to get any worse I'm a long time listener any insight will help

Sorry for the bad grammar and everything else I know Im sure I know nothing and did it all wrong but I'm kind of on my own with this one so I'm desprete for help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:01 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Any questions feel free to ask I will keep updating the best I can i am on hour 74 now and have been drinking lots of water ate normal yesterday been taking vitamins for about a month Advil pm before bed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:57 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I really hope I'm not talking to myself here any comment is better than none I have another question because I only took a total of 16mg or so of sub would it really draw out to 5 or 7 days? which most of you say is the worst days coming off sub

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there,

Sorry you didn't get a response as quickly as you would have liked. Sometimes it takes a day or so, people check in here as they are able.

As for your withdrawal, it sounds like you are feeling the beginning stages of it. Suboxone stays in your system a very long time, and it usually takes a couple days to get into the worst of it. I really don't expect you to experience anything to awful based on what you have told us. It would seem logical that your wd should peak sometime in the next couple days and then gradually lessen. Try to take it easy when you can and see if you can make yourself get up and move around as much as possible. That seems to help when your body gets to feeling achy. As for the sleep issues, that is probably going to take a little while to regulate. You will eventually get there, just try to be patient. Do you have any comfort meds for this week?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:29 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thank you for the reply and no none really except for imodium lol so you think there is more to come? I was hopping it was peaking now at 76 hours lol because I've only used 16mg of sub and I've been drinking tons of water plus have a fast matabalisum (can't spell) right now I can take the w/d I have been forcing myself to eat though it hasn't been much today yesterday was bearable ate 2 meals I haven't been able to stay in bed at all getting maybe 5 hours of sleep

Post subject: Im also new to this
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys so today is day #1 for me! :shock: im absolutley scared about having to go threw withdraws. ive been on suboxone for about a year and a half. maybe little more?? I no its not going to be easy being that this is the 2nd and FINAL time im going to be kicking this stuff. the 1st time i went about 3 weeks without suboxone and it was absolut HELL for me. I couldnt function, had terrible back pain, and NO ENERGY at all. this time around i have a feeling it wont be nearly as bad but im still scared of the fact that i have to go threw hell in order to be a normal functioning person again. I did this to myself and im gunna get myself out of this!! its summer time and i want nothing more than to be rid of this pill that consumes my everyday thought process. Suboxone does help alot of people and its great in that aspect. Does anybody no of anything that will give me energy during the horrible wd's???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey there im on day 70 off of suboxone and any other mind altering substance. Theres not much you can do to get your energy back besides maybe some light excercise. There really are no shortcuts around this thing you just need to have patience and let your brain repair itself. Eating chocolate may help a little because you need the sugar. Take plenty of hot showers that always made the withdrawals for me bareable. Hang in there for about 7-10 days and the worst of your withdrawal will be over. I shouldnt say worst because many say the mental part is harder than the physical. Stay strong my friend break the chains now so you wont have to deal with it later. It does get better, trust me on that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Pleasepassby wrote:
Thank you for the reply and no none really except for imodium lol so you think there is more to come? I was hopping it was peaking now at 76 hours lol because I've only used 16mg of sub and I've been drinking tons of water plus have a fast matabalisum (can't spell) right now I can take the w/d I have been forcing myself to eat though it hasn't been much today yesterday was bearable ate 2 meals I haven't been able to stay in bed at all getting maybe 5 hours of sleep
. Hey i was taking suboxone for about 2 years 4 mgs a day and my withdrawals peaked at day 5. And they didnt stop til about day 10. But with that being said everyone is different! And to truly help your brain heal quicker you should abstain from alllll drugs. The half life of suboxone makes it a tough ride! Sometimes i wish i just quit the percs without suboxone just for a quicker detox. No looking back now though. Its day 70 and im feeling better than ever. It does get better. Ignore the clock! Thats what killed me. Days seemed to last forrreverrr when i was detoxing. Light excercise and hot showers help to an extent. Keep on it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:08 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Every little bit helps I've been just saying over and over a week of shit for a life time of freedom I hope is just a week anyway but I haven't had much input yet I was only on subs for about 3 weeks tapering to crumbs and I know a 60-90mg a day habit when I was on Oxys isn't as bad as what 90 percent I've read I'm not bashing believe me this site helps so much well I took off work and go back on Monday payed bills today ran errands and still no bad withdrawals just clammy I've yawned like 10 times sneezed 3 or 4 but idk just hope it doesn't get worse oh and I smoked some weed which I don't normally do but it helps I just hope I'm like 75 percent better by Monday prob wishful thinking but I'm being optimistic until it really hits me! Almost 78 hours in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

@Pleasepassby -

I don't mean to say that your WD isn't peaked today...it might be. But everyone is different. Let's hope it doesn't get any worse, but don't be discouraged if it does. You definitely have an advantage in that you only took low doses for a very short time period. You have gotten some good advice above. Just keep pushing through until you are past it. Don't go back to the subs and you will be good in a few more days. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:27 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks everyone really appreciate it I will keep you guys updated as I progress it'll probably help me more than it helps you lol but I have no more access to subs so I gotta do this now I can get more oxy but refuse to I never wanna go threw this again no way in hell is it worth it to me tapering to crumbs in 3 weeks gave me the optimistic outlook that I can quit! I just hope my body is cool with it lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:54 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

81 hours no sub lol doubling up on my Imodium because I herd it helps stop me now if I'm wrong lol and doubling up on my vitamins figure the excess I'd just pee out because of all the water I've been drinking I've been peeing like crazy lol no major w/ds yet only time will tell I'm hoping i can still get 5 hours of sleep tonight I hope the Advil pm works this time planning on going for a walk I've herd that helps to I guess I'll check in tomorrow and stay updated wish me luck and I wish everyone else who is going threw this as well luck!

Post subject: hey guys
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

so what really has me scared as hell is thinking that the worst of my withdraws are going to start while i am at work...time is one of the worse symptoms for me as well. 60 seconds feels like 3minutes. I just bought a gym membership, so im hoping that if i make to the gym in my free time when im not working that it will totally help the wd's. my boyfriend is telling me to drink lots of liquids like water and gatorade etc. i heard a sauna and/or tanning helps some people, because your sweating the bad toxins out of your body. every now and then i grab my cell phone and look at the numbers in my contact list of people i no i can call and get suboxone from right now, but i keep thinking that i would just prolong this withdrawing trip and that alone makes me put my cell phone back down. The inner me is just so absolutley done with livig my life dependet on a pill. im very excited for a new free life without subox. Im not putting anybody down ,especially if you just started taking subox. my story is i got on it 3 years ago to get away from pain killers and next think you no im hooked on suboxone and ever since ive been addicted to suboxone as a high. So me bad mouthing suboxone is only because of my personal situation. As im typing this right now, i feel my pupils dialating ,and my nose is a little runny. This subox forum is definitley going to play a roll in my recovery though. It feels good talking about this and not keeping it bottled in :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:35 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

How many days are you off subs? Sounds like you got your head on your shoulders I feel the same way as you and I'm only 3 and a half days off I really hope it doesn't get any worse and that I'm back to almost normal by Monday people say it peaks between 4 and 7 days so it sucks but I'm trying not to count down hope it just blows by me but from what I read on here not many people blow by days 4 5 and 6 still trying to stay optimistic though one week of shit for a life time of freedem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Monday afternoon around 4pm was the last suboxone i took. i had yesterday (tues.) and today (wed.) off from work but i work tomarrow at 5pm, friday at 5pm and saturday @ 430om......im scared about having to work, like im gunna have a nervous break down or somthing in front of my "straight edge co-workers.....at best i can call in one of those days but im trying SOOOO HARD to stay optimistic and positive. im looking foward to switching up the whole way i was living life. Starting with deleting numbers of people who have drugs and are drug users....itll take some time to get used to but i no that i will eventually LOVE a healthy clean life. Ive had a long enough run with the druggie life. Time for bigger and beter things because life is way to short. thanks for listening :) like i said this is helping me ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Starting that new way of life and erasing old contacts from your life and that whole deal is what suboxone is for in the first place.

I'm confused about what you were trying to accomplish here by taking suboxone to begin with.

Anyways.

Good luck my friend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:39 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Let me just say congrats it's a big step and we've gone to far to stop now I feel we are in the same boat and just like you I'm worried but you gotta stay positive like you said throw out those numbers I did lol keep me updated on your progress ill be popping on from time to time 84 hours in and going strong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:22 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

on day 4 last night slept horrible maybe 3 or 4 hours got up at 7 took a hot bath and actually fell back asleep for 2 hours I was amazed still don't feel normal but at least I got some sleep still dreading going back to work on Monday today being Thursday just some stomach pains and a few hot and cold flashes so far oh and has anyone ever gotten hives after coming off subs cause I had one or two last night I'm 98 hours in and I know the half life of subs are like 37 hours I tapered to crumbs so do you guys think there is still an effective dose of sub still in me or has it passed my system? Hope everyone is doing well any imput will help this site is a life saver thanks

Post subject: Day#3 for me
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

"Movie maker"- i had said in a previous post but ill say again that anything i say about suboxone if its a negative about suboxone its b.cuz im referring to MY OWN PERSONAL situation. Suboxone is a great pill in many ways. And has helped many people get there life back right before my eyes . But my story is that 3 years ago i started on suboxone to help me get of Vicodin, next thing you no my vicodin addiction is gone, but i have a addiction to suboxone now. and for about 2 and half years was addicted to suboxone, im on this forum talking about my process of getting off of suboxone,and so are some other people. Im not trying to offend anyone. and i apologize if i did :(

Today is day #3 off suboxone for me and i just woke up at 11:30am....ive had no problem sleeping last night. And i am so very very suprised by it. I keep thinking that its because wd's havent really started yet. But on the other hand, i have this weird feeling inside me thats telling me i chose to stop suboxone at the right time and is making me think its not going to be that bad this time around. Like i said earlier i think my 1st time cold turkey quitting suboxone couldnt of been any worse. It was so very intense and agonizing for me. The 1st time coming of subox (or rather the 1st time doing anything) is always so intense because you dont no what to excpect, and you've never excperienced it before. The 2nd time around i feel as if im a semi-pro at this withdrawing thing because of all the research i have done and great people ive talked to. As far as my life is concerend i totally belive "Everything happens for a reason" and me getting my life back together right now is because greater things are in store for me. Every second that goes by I try to stay positive because the anxiety part of withdrawing I believe is 3/4 mental. I hope everybody is feeling positive and good about themselves today. Thanks for listening. And i appoligize for my grammer,lol :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:35 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey everyone good luck with day three it's nice to hear someone else is going threw this not just me i just wanna update that I'm 9 hours into day 4 and I've been feeling a little dizzy at times anyone know anything about this??? I'm kind of concerned I've been drinking lots of water haven't taken blood pressure meds or checked it yet as it just started happening don't know if I should go to the doc or not any help would be appreciated