It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

HEy everyone so i havent posted since saturday but i wanna confess that saturday day i ran into somebody who gave me a free suboxone film. i had it in my posession for 2 hours before i took a sliver of a piece . So on day 5 of no suboxone i took a sliver of a piece. and then sunday i took a little more and i took the rest of it yesterday night. :( wtf is wrong with me ?? Somebody please tell me im going to be ok. I wasnt strong enough yet to tell that person that i dont want any suboxone so i ended up taking it . :*( So im officially back to day # 1 which is today .......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey DONEwith SUBS, other than the fact that you're an addict, nothing is wrong with you!! :D

You're going through wd, you ran into a friend who offered you some Suboxone and you took some to feel better.....pretty understandable to me. I'm not trying to give you a free pass here, I'm just trying to say not to beat yourself up over this. You made a mistake, you've identified your weakness (not being able to tell the friend no) and now it's time to learn from the mistake and correct it, or it will happen again.

I slipped and fell flat on my face several times since getting off Suboxone, but I ALWAYS got back up, tried to learn from my mistake and got on with my life. You can do it, too!!

Pleasepassby, keep hanging tough, dude!!

Post subject: ITS ALL SO POSSIBLE <3
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ROMEO- i truely appreciate your words. I honestley belive what you said to be correct now that i have been really thinking about it. My mind is absolutley made up that i am ready and willing to break away from subs and im not going to let a slip up tare me down. Nothing could ever change my positive attitude about reaching my goal. You sound like a great person with great advice, and its much needed and im sure you help many people in many little (and big ) ways . 8)

Every little stumble ends up making me stronger and more aware. One of these days soon ill get it right, this just happens to be my journey right now, and I def. see light at the end of the tunnel
-Hope everyone out there reading is in a good place, stay positive my friends, ITS ALL SO VERY POSSIBLE <3

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're right, DONEwith SUBS. This is your journey, you have to find your own path. There are certain hallmarks to recovery, but in the end, I've found it to be a highly personal journey. I think this is why NA/AA have such dismal success rates. They have the hallmarks of recovery, but I think what craps out their program is the cookie cutter approach to recovery.

If you were thinking of attending NA or AA, I'd recommend it, you will learn a lot about recovery, but remember to keep what works for you and shit-can the rest. :wink:

I'm glad you're aware that every stumble has the potential to make you stronger and better in your recovery, that's a good attitude.

Be patient with yourself and be kind to yourself!!

Post subject: Day 9,10,11
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:11 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey done with subs it's ok if I ran across someone who had them I prob would of did the same as you You'll get there just keep at it! Sry I haven't kept up but I'm on day 11 and feel pretty much normal work has been hard but I work long days or so it seems everything has pretty much returned to normal except sleep is still an issue have to force myself to go to bed early just to get 6 hours in and lately I've gotten some leg twitches but I've been able to bare I did end up losing like 5 pounds because of not eating much but I'm back to normal with that to I don't think I need to post anymore as I doubt anything else will happen but ill keep popping back in every now and again thanks a lot everyone for your support 11 days sober and I never wanna go back!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Im going on day 3. Only crying spells so far. Ive mentally prepared myself for this and im ready. Only hard thing is im a single mother of 3 and my youngest is 6 weeks. Still not sleeping throught the night so i cant take sleeping meds. I keep telling myself its all in my head. Not only. Do i get rls, tgoes into my arms too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I felt like if I could get the rls (of the body lol) and the sleep issues under control, the withdrawal from suboxone wouldn't be as bad. Those were my worst two symptoms.

It gets a little better everyday though.

You'll be alright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone, I stopped subs 5 months ago, after 4 years of use. Now, the last 2 years, I spent taking subs just to avoid the WD, I didn't have a plan! Gratefully today, I feel great, other than some sneezing and light fatigue, I truly do!
Knowing that you do not depend on a fucking pill to function, can be a powerful thing for someone who spent years chasing them. Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:18 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey everyone! I just wanted to follow up and thank everyone for the support it does get better! I still get minor cravings but that's it hope everyone is doing well I'm 18 days sober and honestly I think the sneezing and runny nose I've been getting is from allergies no more aches and pains got my sleep back only had Rls for a day or two my stomach stopped bothering me and my appetite is back you can get threw it honestly I know I've only done oxy for a year and got on subs just to tapper for 3 weeks but I'm thankful for having my life back by the end of that year I was in debt and lets just say I'm glad I quit when I did not worried about bills as much anymore and it's nice to have the extra green in my pocket lol if anyone has any questions feel free to message ill be away for a week but well check in when I get back.....thanks again everyone!!!

Post subject: 30 days!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:04 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey everyone it's been 30 days since my last dose of subs and all of my physical symptoms have gone but every once in a while I still do think about out it as for me oxy is not hard to come by but I've managed to get passed it even though I came close to caving once or twice I'm assuming that's the paws bitting me in the butt I just wanted to thank everyone again for there support it does get better over all I will not forget what I went threw days 4 and 5 being the worst thanks again everyone your help and this site were a big help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey pleasepassby, glad to hear your past the physical wd!! I hope you stay around even though your feeling better. There is alot to be learned on this site! I also hope you have some kind of long-term recover plan like meetings or counseling so you can learn how to better deal with those cravings your feeling. What your going through is completly normal for an opiate addict to feel. I just hope for you to keep your sobriety as that seems to be the trickiest part of opiate addiction. Like what are you gonna do if you run into a situation where you doc is easily obtainable or shoved right in your face.?Do you have a plan or a way to cope? What if you have a shit day? I hope you would come on here and post instead of returning to the oxy. Theres alot of helpful people here that have been through all of this MANY times you can learn alot from them. I really liked reading the thread call "relapse in progress" i dont know how to post links but you can find it on the bottom of the main page of the forum in the "popular by views section". You should check it out when you have the time its a good read.