It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:45 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Ending day 4 and I think I've hit the full blown w/d stomach pains are the worst and the bouts of depression aren't much better especially when it makes you break down and cry I'm so glad I don't have to go back to work till Monday hopefully day 5 will be easier but right now who knows its 10pm and I doubt I'll sleep anytime soon but I'm gunna try NyQuil tonight instead of the Advil pm ill update again tomorrow 108 hours in and I've hit the wall!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

That sounds about right! Keep up the good work make it through this and never look back. Try and always remember how you feel in this moment to keep you away from that stuff in your post acute withdrawal phase!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So its 11:20pm and i just got out of work. Suprisingly it wasnt all that bad. It was a very busy night to say the least and i dint freak out at all. im so very happy by that. I must of yawned about 80 times, and every time my eyes watered and my pupils are very dialated, but other than that im okay. I feel like i might have some trouble sleeping but i worked hard at work tonight so im hoping i fall right asleep. Tomarrow is day #4 and im happy for that! :) Hope everybody is good and well :) :D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:41 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Congrats on day 4 ok so here is my update today being day 5 slept 6 hours got up to pee and actually fell back asleep for another hour or two so I did get about 8 hours of sleep stomach still upset yawned and sneezed a few times and I'm pretty tired still haven't gotten outta bed still feel like I've hit the wall can anyone give me a little more info on the post acute withdrawal phase (paws) like how long it's gunna last? I know everyone is different but taken into account everything I've posted above with my taper of subs and how long I was on those shitty Oxys any info will help 121 hours in lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

for your situation im saying about 2 weeks tops. I mean u said you were only on subox for about a month or so , so your "paws" should definitley only be about 2 weeks tops im guessing. I was on subox for bout 3 years and people were telling me at least a month or so till my acute withdraw symptoms wear off. Hey i put myself in this situation and im definitley sticking it out.

So today is day #4 for me... i just woke up around 12pm (noon) and i took a B-12 Complex ,Niacin ,and 5HTP, right when i wake up. Actually since day #1 ive been taking those 3 vitamins when i wake up. I dont no if youve ever heard of the "Thomas Recipe" but its for cold turkey opiate users to get clean. Its a list of at home vitamins and over the counter drugs you can get to thelp you when withdrawing. Anyways B12 complex and 5HTP are on that list and i swear by them. I am absolutley shocked that ive had no problem sleeping or anything by now. I keep waiting for some serious wd symptoms to hit me , and my bf tells me to relax and stay positive and he doesnt think im guna get any worse than i am. I hope not. Actually just thinking about it, i woke up and sneezed a couple times last nite, and my nose was runny at work last nite....and i had a bad dream last nite. So my symptoms are sweating, tons of yawning, pupils dialated and runny nose. Im thinking of doing some light excersise right now or a walk. Ill ttyl :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok so i just realized that MUSIC very loud seems to help me out greatley. One great song that i relate to my process coming off of suboxone is artist: Sara Evans "stronger". Play it as loud as you can lol :) and artist: Iration"falling" . Great songs. I work again tonight at 5pm and im not scared like i was yesterday about having to work. I actually did the dish's and laundry today which is a big deal to me.... hope everybody is good ! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey congrats to both passby and done with subs. done with subs i think ita awesome how your in wd, and still at the end of of your post you say how you hope everyone is doing well and that THEY have a good night. you both seem like your really positive through all of this, and thats a good thing.

passby, from what i have read, yes paws is diff for everyone, but something can be a factor in how long and how severe a persons paws are. i believe you said you used oxy for about a year and the sub for a few weeks or so. I think your paws might be less severe and last for a shorter time than someone who used for 10 years. but you never know some people who have used for a long time claim to not even get paws, those people are few and far between but the do exist. I do think it looks good for you thh based on your length of use. the longer you use the moreyour brain chemistry gets messed up and the longer it will take to repair itself. I also think i remember reading that more severe paws is associated with longterm buperenorphine use, its prob there with any kind of opiate use but to less of a degree. so its hard to say, but based on what you thold us i dont think paws will be too crippiling for you. hope that makes you feel somewhat better about everything. keep up the good work, just keep going and before too long all this will be behind you. sry for any typos. i dont have internet so my only access to this is through my phone.

Post subject: Paws
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

PAWS is a tough one... I went to outpatient treatment and the people there told me paws can last anywhere between 90 days to 5 years. I felt like 5 years is pushing it a bit but i guess since it is nerve damage we have created in our brains it will take a while to heal. Im about 74 days in and i feel better pretty much but i know im still in PAWS because theres no way it can already be over! You may not even realize you have PAWS, like me. You may have short stints of stress that will make you want to use, which is what i have. Im able to ignore it though. My guess is you will know your PAWS has subsided when youre able to handle stress without DRUGS! Being the first thing that pops into mind. One day at a time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:21 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey everyone and congrats done with subs on day 4 I'm glad it's going we'll for you hope everything went well at work and thanks so much beautiful d I sure hope your right anyway I'm ending day 5 I had a wicked busy day and everything seemed to go alright except for the mornings I always feel sluggish until about 10am nothing new to report no crying today like I did yesterday still don't feel 100 percent but I know it's gunna be a little while for that so I'm ok with it still yawning and still sneezing sweats hot and cold flashes but all bare able today unlike yesterday I wasn't gunna ask but I might as well when do people start getting there sex drive back? Lol for me I only lost it towards the last couple months I was on the oxy and while on the subs for 3 weeks I'm not as worried about it as I am getting better but I do hope it comes back soon because my g/f and I are leaving for vaca in a few weeks and I'd hope I'd have some type of sex drive by then...anyone have any thoughts about the situation? I'll be checking back probably in the morning tomorrow because agian I have a busy day and I know there are good and bad days with withdrawal just hope I have more good ones than bad ones lol....btw I'm not dreading work on Monday anymore because I was out of my house for 10 hours today...132 hours and keeping my head held high! Have a good night everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:28 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks boxer all the info really helps! I didn't catch your post until after I replied congrats on day 74 hope to be there soon taking one day at a time but shooting for the moon so to speak lol

Post subject: Congrats to All
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:28 pm 

Pleasepassby,

So you only took sub for about 21 days or so? And even then you tapered it down nice and low. IMO, you may not have too much difficulty getting off of it. Yes you've had some uncomfortable w/d effects but that will blow over soon I hope. I have no experience in stopping Sub. All I can do is offer my support and wish you well. Anything I said about symptoms I got from members here. This is a great learning place.

To DonewithSubs, I don't think Moviemaker1 was talking to you specifically. I think it was directed towards the OP. Plus, please don't feel the need to explain yourself for getting off of Suboxone. Many people experience side effects like you so post away. We encourage all sides of debate as long as it's done tactfully. No personal attacks, and never start calling members names. All of which you haven't done. And in return, please offer the same courtesy to those whose experiences differ from yours.

This forum has really come a long way since I first came here. Back then, most all agreed that Suboxone was the supreme answer to drug addiction. Now we have different people coming here saying things about our drug that we don't like. It was meant to be and we aren't done yet. All we need is to accept addicts on all levels.

Sure hope I'm right on this one.

R62

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:32 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks for your support rule I really do enjoy this forum great way to start and end my day even if its a bad one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I had a cousin who was an addict for several years. Took Suboxone for 1 - 2 years. When he weaned and quit he swore by eating broccoli. He said from research that he did he found that it contained a lot of the nutrients needed for the brain to function correctly, and he feels that it helped his brain heal quicker. It worked for him. The only drawback I see is the stomach issues it can cause (gas and bloating). He ate broccili everyday for a couple of months and swore by it. Along with lots of vitamins and water. It may be worth a shot. He swore by it. Just my 2 cents.

Post subject: Day 6
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:13 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey all today is day 6 for me and I'm running a little behind last night sucked prob yawned 20 times and sneezed about 10 before I feel asleep maybe got 5 hours of sleep ill take it lol woak up and did more sneezing and yawning still have hot and cold flashes but I'm pushing threw it hope everyone else is doing the same I'm gunna be outside all day so hopefully some sun will help with the hot and cold flashes idk my energy is still there which is a big plus besides being sluggish until about 10am hope everyone has a good day hopefully ill be checking back tonight like I always do....day 6 can't believe I made it this far 145 hours and counting lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It seems like your handeling this really well ppb, it seems like your rapid sub taper worked to your advantage, most of the wd stories ive read on here where the person was a long term suboxone user, they seem to have it a lil tougher than you do at this point. Makes me wish i would have done a rapid taper to begin with, i think that could be a useful way to minimize wd symptoms and paws. So keep staying strong, i have this feeling things are only gonna get better for y :wink: ou everyday from here on out. I hope your back to feeling almost complety normal in EVERY way ;-) in time for your vacay. its looking good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:07 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey everyone and thanks beautiful d I appreciate it I was briefly reading your post the I need advice one and I really think jumping at 2mg is a little high but honestly it can be done...but I'm a noobie lol so take my advice with a grain of salt sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet...and I know some people are firmly agianest smoking weed but I quit a few years ago but picked it back up when coming off the subs and for me it helped! That is just my opinion though so no one get mad lol anyway I'm ending day 6 with new symptoms a runny nose and a few back aches was out all day so I didn't take my multi vitamin until just now but I packed the Imodium lol no bowel movement today and I've eatin 2 meals which is about the norm for a guy living alone lol so I might lay off the Imodium tomorrow....anyway very few hot and cold flashes though I yawned and sneezed maybe 100 time it felt like it anyway no crying and my energy was down a little but still did everything I had to do so no real complaint there hope everyone had a good day and ill try and check in tomorrow when I can....back to work on Monday hope I'm out of the woods by then!

Post subject: Day 7!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:12 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Can't believe it's been a week since I've stopped subs it feels like yesterday until I look back and read my posts lol I've stopped counting the hours which is good and feel better today slept 7 hours only woak up twice to use the bathroom I still feel a little groggy which is weird but not bad energy is prob at 60 percent i believe most of my symptoms have subsided but don't wanna jinx it lol I still have some but they seem to come and go threw out the day and I'm laying off the Imodium today I wonder how done with subs is doing he or she (sry) should be on day 6 anyway I'm gunna try and go about my day as normal back to work tomorrow not scared anymore hope everyone has a great day if I get a chance ill check back in tonight because tomorrow ill be jammed at work and on my feet for most of the day.....day 7 feels like its only getting better from here!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Awesome news passingby! Im glad your doin a little better. I understand what you mean about biting the bullet. I have tried to jump off the subs. Im such a baby about it and never make it more than a few days. I love reading the stories where the people are successfull at making it throigh. it gives me confidence and makes me feel like " if they can do it, so can i" Now if only i can keep that confidence up durin wd and push through like others have. stories like your are inspiring for me.

I wish i would have done a rapid taper like you did, but now ive been on the subs for 2+ years. So i cant take that back just gotta just keep trying different ideas. I think i could be successfull with a long slow taper if I just stick to it.

Dont over do it too much with the loperamide, you dont wanna have rebound stomach issues when you stop it. Keep on taking your vitamins and get those endorphins going. Have you tried l-throsine? Its an ammino acid that is essential for nervous for healthy nervous system function. Its in the thomas recipee (a list of vitamins and such to help opiate wds) combined with vit b6. Its supposed to help with energy levels AND to repair your brain a lil faster. Ive taken both the l-thyrosine and b6 and it actually worked! Not sure if it was one or both combined, but it actually made me kind of jittery. wouldnt hirt to try, you can get both at any vitamin store. ive read amino acids in general help repair your brain function, they also sell amino acid complex and b complex so your getting a wide spectrum of each.

well thanks for your update, hope to read more good news tomorrow!

Take care

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:12 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey all bd thanks for the support! And make a plan stick with it and tapper I know you can do it I've read a little about the vitamins you spoke of and may give them a try as my symptoms today got a little worse my nose ran all day even now I have tissues beside me I stopped the Imodium only took one yesterday and none today but the yawning it and sneezing seemed to make me go crazy I probably sneezed 100 times at least also my joints feel achy plus a little back pain I guess you can say the day started off better but didn't end on a high note hopefully tomorrow goes better because I have work in the am and my job to say the least is stressful anyway ill try to post in the am but can't make any promises lol either way ill check back in sometime tomorrow have a good night everyone ending day 7 hopefully day 8 is a little brighter!

Post subject: Day 8 and 9
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:08 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey all hope everyone is doing well I didn't get to post yesterday day 8 went ok but my sleep as not yet returned to normal getting about 5 or 6 hours tops still getting minor hot and cold flashes and yawning and sneezing my energy is mostly back to normal maybe 75 percent there today is day 9 hope it goes ok