It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 18 hours into withdrawal
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So ready to start these. Came clean to my pain doc, by my own choice. I am blessed he can help me with suboxone.

I only scored a 9 am hour ago so will have hubby grade me again. I want to hit 15+ on the scale of withdrawal so as not to get sicker. Actually doing ok now.

This is such a positive step that getting sick is not a big deal. I will let you all know how it goes. Starting with 1 or 2 MG - he scripted 8mg x 2 day. Going to try to keep it half that.

Major goosebumps starting. I had a 600mg+- day oxy habit. I have the same story as many of you. .
Chronic pain. ...then this. Ugh.

Feeling hopeful. Will keep you posted!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:01 pm 

Hello water,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on starting sub. I'm living proof that sub will change ur life and let u live without the horrible cravings. I waited 32 hours before I took my first dose. My induction was done in the office though, not at home. Make sure ur COWS score is high enough or you'll get precipitated withdrawal and those are NO fun. Waiting the amount of time ur supposed to wait is tough but necessary, we all had to do it and I know u can do it too. Good luck!!! Let us know how it goes :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:20 pm 

I also ratted myself out to my pain doctor! He was very kind and prescribed enough pain meds for me to get through waiting for an appointment with my sub doctor. My sub doctor wanted me to go 72 hours of withdrawal and I think I actually did about 60 hours. He gave me comfort meds that helped. I certainly didn't have problems with precipitated withdrawal and I felt like a million bucks, aka "normal" when I left his office after induction. I know that he had me wait a pretty long time before induction, but the result was so good that I didn't mind.

I know you're miserable, but it will be over before you know it. Just don't dose to soon!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:40 pm 

Hi Water, It's now Sunday, please get back here and let us know how you are doing! I too became addicted to meds prescribed to me for pain. I waited 36 hours even though my doctor said I could take my first dose of suboxone in 24 hours. I was so nervous! At 24 hrs I did not feel bad enough so I waited. At 36 hours I was just starting to feel that creepy skin crawling feeling. I took one 8 mg strip and within 20 minutes felt perfectly normal. I was prescribed 24 mgs per day. I never felt that I needed that much and went to 16mgs after about 3 months. It has now been 15 months and I am at 6mgs. I do not have a taper schedule and don't know if I will ever be off of suboxone. For now, I just follow what my brain is telling me. I do think I will get to 4mgs before too long. I have a day here and there now at 4mgs. But, I have heard going lower is difficult and I don't like difficult when it comes to withdrawl! So, anyway...how are you doing? Please, let us know!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well,I am finally back with the living. You guys could have guessed - pre-c withdraws. Not pretty. But I survived and started coming around late Saturday. By Monday I left the house, hubby drove me around.

Today I am much better.

Folks - take the advice on this board regarding starting subs. My doc was wrong, as we're those others in real life.

Regardless. I made it :) I feel human. And proud. Taking 8mg per day now and working with a new dr - a naturopath that specializes in outpatient detox. Not sure my plan with subs as far as how long I will be on them. I need to stay clean and have no program yet so I know these are helping me now. Going in for fluids tomorrow and vit push as I am still very dehydrated from withdrawal.

Thanks for all your replies and I hope this helps someone else. I took 1mg sub at 24 hours scoring 15 plus on withdrawal tests. It was TOO soon. Tried more and made it worse. But I got thru. Used benadryl and Xanax and advil. Would do inpatient next time :)

Getting cough up here and will keep posting. Keep going strong guys. Fyi: my pain level is already below what it was on opiates. Yay! Now to deal with the actual addiction.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Glad to hear your doing better. You have made a huge step in the right direction.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

One more thing. ...the restless legs. Gone now but it was more of a "someone cattle prodding your bones with lightning " dear God. I have blocked much out but it was brutal.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's day 5 today and I feel pretty good. Saw my sub doc and staying at 12 MG every 24hrs. See hum again in 2 weeks.

I am finding myself craving as the day goes on. I take 8 in the am and 4 at bed. Craving not bad enough to go get something but if it was here.... is this pretty normal? I hope this is my first and last recovery and have never been thru this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

That should take care of your cravings. At what time of day are you getting cravings? If it's early evening thin you might take the 4mg then. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

600 mg of oxy a day. That just blows me away. You are certainly not unique but wow, that is a hell of a lot of oxy. I doubt I ever got over 100 - actually 80 is more like it. Again, I've certainly heard stories like this before but wow I can't imagine that. The cost alone would be amazing

Anyhow, sorry you had to go through such a rough induction. I was forced to wait just iver 48 hours on a modest Tramadol detox/sub induction. I'm positive I had peaked with my withdrawl but I guess he may have done me a favor not getting PW. You going from 600 mg oxy to roughly 30-60 mg of opiate with bup, well, you can see why.

12 mg really should hold you physically. Mentally, it may seem different but keep trying to remind yoursel that any cravings or feelings of withdrawal are in your mind. Try to distract yourself and do something for 15 minutes. If you can interact with someone else that's a great way to do it. The cravings should pass.

Hope you'll continue to post and have this place become part of your recovery.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks guys. Yes it's late afternoon and early evening. I feel even better today. Actually did my hair etc. I guess it's the little things. No cravings will see how today goes. Maybe I will take my night dose a little earlier if needed. Feeling normal today which is great. But also new.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:40 pm 

Hi Water! So happy to hear that it is getting a bit easier for you! I was similar to Don...tramadol my doc...40-50mg pills per day. I waited 36 hours before starting subs and had no problem. I hope it continues to go well for you!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just an update! Doing well. I doing full time outpatient depression therapy/group for my mental health. Have been stuffing my feelings with opiates for too long and now I need to learn to cope and live.

Keep up the good work guys! So joyful to be sober. Its been hard and we hit bottom again and again. Time of growt . This is not easy but I want and need to be happy again .

Much love,
Water

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

BTW went down to 8mg for a while now. Its good. 1 8mg every 24 hour .