It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

"on the other side now."

That's nicely said. I like it very much.

At this point it's mostly the restless body that's driving me half insane. My modest kingdom for
an hours sleep.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:54 am 

U will feel better and better as time passes. I know that restless feeling, it's probably one of the most hated withdrawal symptom according to an addict. Even thinking of that restless feeling now...ugh I remember it well. But pretty soon, you'll be sleeping like a baby and just feel "normal" like u did before ur addiction ever started.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Feeling so jumpy....I almost broke a toe involuntarily kicking the toiler bowl...the restless flailing
was so frequent and so violent through most of the night. I did manage to get an hours sleep between 3 and 4 am. So that's no more than an hour and a half's sleep over 2 nights.

The odd thing is other than that I don't feel too badly. I had to take another 32 yesterday as the 24 just isn't covering me, And really the 32 isn't quite doing it either completely. This is what I was warned about so it's not as if I wasn't half expecting it. The nausea is mostly gone, so if it was the bupe the first night my body's beginning to adjust to it.

Today I'm doing the 8, 4, 8, schedule Michelle I think it was mentioned upthread. I"ll try to keep it at 24 today if at all possible. I just need to get some sleep!

I'm not at all discouraged. I've been reading many stories here and many of of us suffer terribly, and for many years. I"m not a very strong person I don't think, but we all have the capacity to bear the suffering we must. Even little kids and animals.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:27 am 

Ur strong! U managed to taper ur dose over time in order to better ur transition to suboxone....that my friend is strong :)

I can't pretend to know exactly what ur going through because my induction went very well. I left my doctor feeling so much better. The only thing I did notice that first night was leg cramps. That's the only thing that lingered around until the next day. I was still in the stage of not having any faith that suboxone would work for me. I'd tried everything else and was just so defeated at that point, I didn't even half way think it'd work like it did. So if I'd started out, after induction, still feeling rough....I'm not sure what would have happened because I didn't believe it would work anyway. Thank God that didn't happen. So ur strong and u did such great research to know what may or may not happen. I didn't research hardly at all. I was a walking zombie before Suboxone with no focus to even research. I knew I wanted help, but after everything I'd tried failed up to that point, I was defeated. I never imagined I'd be where I am today. It's so worth everything.

Don't worry, sleep will come. Maybe today will continue to be better and better. Just relax and watch lot's of tv lol Sunday night's are my absolute favorite for tv. I'm a huge walking dead fan :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:45 am 

Funny story for you Jonathan, I tell everyone that my husband would rather me spend our last dollars on a pedicure than a steak for dinner! Yes, he is a foot man! He will tell people the first thing he noticed about me is my feet! lol And, if we are out in the mall or anywhere, he will say to me,about some random woman, did you see her feet? She has no business in sandals!" Too funny!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Michelle F. wrote:
Funny story for you Jonathan, I tell everyone that my husband would rather me spend our last dollars on a pedicure than a steak for dinner! Yes, he is a foot man! He will tell people the first thing he noticed about me is my feet! lol And, if we are out in the mall or anywhere, he will say to me,about some random woman, did you see her feet? She has no business in sandals!" Too funny!

I guess I can say that...not to that extent. She'll ask me to paint her nails and I oblige..or massage..the usual..ya know.

I have always said that girls want guys to notice their feet or they wouldn't spend SOOO much time worrying over how they look. I don't understand it costing upwards of $60 to put some polish on someone's toenails and fingernails..but my wife did it just a couple weeks ago for a wedding.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're too kind Jennifer. So it turns out I was in genuine PW after all. Even after the 31 hours.

Opium's an old fashioned drug, more associated with literary types of old. Back in the 19th century laudanum was the go-to pain reliever. I'm sure many got addicted back then. It's a strong drug with a
very long high and even wonderful long, intense dreams if you take enough. But i'm not missing any of that.

Thankfully the PW only lasted a couple hours. After that it was just regular misery instead of agonizing.

Finally though!! The bupe has me entirely covered. This morning's dose did the trick. I even got a few hours sleep and felt well enough this afternoon to clean out the guest bathroom that I've been using for my own private opium mill. It takes a long time to prepare the poppy tea. or at least it seems to when you're a little sick and in a hurry. Poppy seeds everywhere!

But now clean as a whistle. Both the bathroom and me :D Even my appetite's back.

So, things are looking way up!

Thanks again, all.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:25 pm 

Awesome! That's great to hear. I remember watching Tombstone about Wyatt Earp...hope that's right lol...and his wife was addicted to opium. It was a liquid she'd drank all the time for "headaches". It supposedly led to their marital problems, well that and him meeting another lady. So it dates bk to a looooong time ago I'd assume. But, all up from here on out Godfrey, and I'm glad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:44 pm 

That is such great news godfrey! Once the ceiling effect gets settled you'll be able to reduce the dose to a more manageble one. Each person is different so I can't say what dose is the ceiling for you. For most, it's 16 mg's. But I think that is after the body has adjusted to it. Maybe Dr. J can elaborate as I have no doctorate in pharmacology. Everything I know about Buprenorphine I've learned right here.

A week or two from now you should be fairly normal like the rest of us maintenance patients.

Congratulations!

rule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can give a little detail on opium and it coming to the west (from China, not the west as in...west USA)..

back in the day..the mid to late 1800's...when the railroad was first being built..the government noticed all the chinese people they could use as a labor force to help build the railroads cross-country..so they did just that. Employed Chinese laborers to build railroads.

When they finished that project..which was lengthy...they also had another problem...
In THEIR minds..they said "we got all these Chinese people over here taking the white-man jobs from us..we need to find something that we can do in order to take them out of the job market so there's room for the white man to work..
What they did was look at the Chinese people and their lives..and what they enjoyed..
We know where I'm going with this.
The Chinese like opium dens and such. So the very first "war on drugs" was opium and it was against the Chinese people who had helped build this country.
They threw many of them in jails..where lots of them died.

Fast forward a few years, and you had the same thing with alcohol and prohibition. What really did it was Harry Anslinger..when he convinced the government that marijuana caused insanity and psychosis. After prohibition, Anslinger didn't have much of a job left...so he had to find something else. He used something called the "Gore files" (not Al Gore!!)...
Using 200 cases of police reported killings to further the marijuana agenda and introduce bans against it federally.
Later, 198 of the cases were proven to not have been caused by marijuana at all.
His KEY speech to congress was about a young teen that murdered his whole family (father, mother, sister and 2 brothers) and had no memory of doing that. The thing that caused the killings according to Anslinger was marijuana.
Later, it was shown that the young man had a SEVERE mental illness which was credited with causing him to commit such a heinous act.

But, it was already too late. Anslinger convinced Fed to ban marijuana nationwide. So, the next in the line of people under the gun was the Mexican immigrants since they had jailed most of the Chinese immigrants.
Years ago, Marijuana was mostly exclusive to the southwestern US..along the border.
Shortly after that, while heroin and other drugs were still legal..they shifted to finding other ways to imprison people who had done nothing except have an addiction.
We all know the "War on Drugs" was the most expensive failure in the history of the USA. Along with Ronald and Nancy Reagan's crackdown on black people..."just say no" and "D.A.R.E"...
We have been fighting to imprison our citizens for over a hundred years because of some drug or another...and it fails miserably every time.
A good example is the current prescription drug EPIDEMIC we are facing as a country.
Look at Florida, just 10 years ago. No prescription drug monitoring system in-place to track opiate or controlled substances..and it was a pill-mill capital of the US.
Report after report showed what was happening...but the government, as usual, would rather just keep putting people in jail instead of confronting and looking for a solution to solve the problem.
Let's just throw them in jail...
They apparently can't see how it hasn't "fixed" anyone yet...

The definition of insanity ..doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...
After a while, you'd think our elected officials would get a f&king clue.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:04 am 

Jonathan, a mani/pedi is not just some polish. They trim your toenails, remove ingrown toenails, scrub the calluses off, massage, moisturize, then polish. All that for 30 bucks is so worth it to me! They do the same to your hands and nails during a manicure. I love it! Godfrey, SO happy that you are on the other side and feeling better! It only gets better and better!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Michelle,

You're been a solid source of support too! Plus I've enjoyed the foot massage discussion. :) Along with Jennifer. Rule, I shouldn't name names as I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. Amy! I just thought of. You too of course. Others!

I hope to be able to give some of this back as time goes by and I gain some more experience and wisdom in this area. Guess I can already help a newbie.

Likely past time to end what will soon because a tedious thread.

Thanks to all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:39 pm 

Godfrey I think next time someone comes to the forum needing help with poppyseed tea tolerance and transitioning to buprenorphine, you'll have a lot of knowledge to help with.....because that's something I know very little about. Ur knowledge could definitely help someone out.

Michelle I agree, a mani/pedi is so much more than just getting ur nails painted....It is the whole wonderful experience lol! I actually paint my fingers and toes along with filing myself 99% of the time though, but the fancy stuff is where I'd have to go to the professionals lol. If my nails aren't painted (both fingers and toes) I feel naked. I've always been that way except for during my active addiction days, didn't care enough during that time. But by the third day after starting suboxone treatment, I've kept them painted ever since. If I see someone that's left their nail polish on to long and it's barely hanging on and chipped all to pieces, I'm like....nooooooo :) I'm very OCD about it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:55 pm 

Me too Jenn, I can not walk around with half polished finger nails! Just a pet peeve of mine! My husband is who really got me on the pedi bandwagon! Godfrey, I am glad we could provide you with a little comic relief! lol I don't know what I would do without all of you!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Let's make it more interesting... Anyone wanna guess what this box contained?

Attachments:
tplink.jpg
tplink.jpg [ 27.63 KiB | Viewed 173 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:26 pm 

It looks like a microwave, but I can only assume it is more interesting than that. :)

Amy