It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 14-15 hours and counting
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Where to begin?? I have been upswing opiates for about 2 years now. Started with percs, then oxy and found it's way to heroin. I have been snorting heroin for about a year now. I refuse to shoot it and for the past few month I have been using only to feel normal. I'm at the point now where I'm about $800 in debt and just very very VERY tires of everything. Shady people, sketchy parking lots, money... And of course getting sick. I defended a few weeks ago to switch to suboxone. I have four 8mg pills I got awhile back and am ready to use them. I hate this addiction so much because I have gotten sick after only 9 hours just because I could not find anything and nothing was around. As soon as I found a few bags, I felt fine... Almost like I force being sick on myself. So, here I am just about 13 1/2 hours since my last dose and my legs hurt a bit. Nothing I'm dying over though. A few hours ago I was uncomfortable and felt hot and then cold, but now I feel fine minus my legs and a bit of a stuffy nose. I want to see how things go with my 4 pills because a few people told me that I could kick off just that alone. If I start with a whole pill and move to a half pill and only quater pills the last 2-3 days. I have a friend with a suboxone script that said he could spare 2-3 if I need them. Idk, I'm not 100% sure why I am posting. Maybe for some thoughts on my situation or words of encouragement maybe?? Anyway... I never thought I would be saying this, but I can't wait to get sick. Haha. I just want to get the balls rolling here instead of sitting around all day waiting. Is it because I know what I'm doing and not waiting on phone calls to get bags that I'm not sick? Will it come fast and hard?? Hmm... I just don't know. I did the COWS and came up with a 3... So I'm not there just yet and like I said, it's just leg pain at the moment and even that feels like it's subsiding... What the hell is going on? Like I said, don't know why I'm posting and by this point I'm just rambling... I'll be back with an update and to see what thoughts you guys have. Ok, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Robbotsays and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you decided to post and to reach out. Sometimes just knowing that there are people out there who aren't so different makes us feel better. I'm happy to hear you're ready and excited to end the chaos that active addiction brings to our lives. Suboxone can help us to achieve "addiction remission", but it won't "cure" us. Ideally, it is used for more than a few days and in conjunction with an overall healthy recovery plan. Use of sub for that short of a time might help you get through the acute withdrawals, but it won't help you prevent further relapse or even PAWS (post-acute withdrawals syndrome). Have you considered going to a doctor yourself to get on sub under the proper medical supervision? Sub won't only keep withdrawals away, but it will stop our cravings so that we can work on learning how to cope with life without using drugs. Otherwise, when you're done with the sub you have, how will you move forward and avoid relapse? I hope you will read up more and consider doing it this way. This is a serious, life-long disease that kills indiscriminately. Suboxone is an excellent way of treating this hellish disease. If you were diabetic and needed insulin, would you only stay on it for a few days? I'm sorry - I hope I'm not being too harsh. Whatever you decide, however long you end up staying on sub, we're here to support you.

It's good that you've got the COWS worksheet to guide you in starting suboxone at the appropriate time. That's smart of you. Hang in there...You'll feel like shit soon enough. :lol: (Just trying to make you laugh.)

Keep us posted on how you're progressing. And again, welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks, knowing there are ther people out there does help. As I post this I'm exactly at 15 hours. Still my legs hurt and that's it. Yeah, I have thought about going to the doctor but that involves telling my mom... Something that terrifies me. I know she will support me but I just can't bring myself to tell her. *sigh. I'm absolutely 100% commited on quiting... So as of right now I feelime I can get through a few days and just deal with mild withdraw. Idk... I'm posting from my phone so this is kinda hard. Plus I'm watching some awesome show about space at the same time... But yeah, I just want to get sick already. Legs still hurt. That's it. And yes your joke made me laugh. So, I'm hoping I get sick soon so I'm able to get sleep tonight. If I go through the night which at 11:45 is 24 hours, with out getting sick, I'll be amazed. Anyway. I'll check back in a bit and let you know what's going on. Thanks for the reply.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

17 hours.... Legs hurt. Bit uncomfortable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

19 hours... I'm still barely sick. Legs pains, stuffy nose, uncomfortable... But not sweaty, cold or goose bumps yet... Am I still safe at 24 hours?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would say stick the COWS worksheet to gauge the state of your withdrawals. Also, check the size of your pupils. (That may be part of COWS.)

It's been about 10 hours since your last post - how are you doing this morning?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Bah... I'm a piece of shit!! I took my suboxone around 23 hours with no improvement, I actually felt worse. More restless and uncomfortable. So I broke down and got a few more bags :(. Weird that it worked because it was about 2 hours after taking one and a half suboxone. I just could not take it. My back and legs hurt so much I didn't even want to move. So anyway.... Called the dr. at 9am and got in at 10:30. I didn't think I would be able to get in so fast. If I would have known that, I would have tried to stick it out. So, the doc prescribed 32-35 subs and ambian to help me sleep. I took my last dose at 12pm today. Doc said to wait around 32-36 hours unless I become fully withdrawal before then. So, tomorrow around 3pm-7pm I should be good to try again. He said I should take one, wait two hours and if it's not working, take another. Wait 2 hours same thing. Up to 4 pills. He said that should do the trick. 3-4 as needed for the first 3-4 days then switch to 2 a day, one morning and one at night till I see him again in two weeks. I am kicking myself because now I have to go through this again. Hopefully it won't be as bad as long as I can get to sleep tonight and with the ambian I'm sure I'll be fine. Just gonna sleep as long as possible and hopefully wake up close to or past the 24 hour mark then see how I feel and go from there. So yeah... I have not given up. I do really want to do this. I got some tylonal 800's left that I forgot about if I come across the same problems with my back and legs. So... Let the countdown begin, again!! Haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry to hear you have to start over, but I fully understand your impatience. I'm glad to hear you were honest with your doctor and s/he is working with you. You got in quickly and s/he listens to you - sounds like a great doctor. Not everyone is so lucky.

Hang in there and if you need to, just come on back here and vent to us. That's what we're here for. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Robot,

Just wanted to say good luck and I will say a prayer for you tonight! :D YOU CAN DO THIS, IT IS WORTH IT! Let us know how you are doing, wishing you the best of luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:28 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok... Coming up on 24 hours, again. This time I'm not feeling nearly as bad. I took 2 ambian last night and slept till about 8. Took another and passed out till just now 11:20am. So, I wanna sleep my way through this so I took another but I feel like it's not working as well. I won't take anymore but it would be nice to wake up somewhere passed 32 hours and sick. I don't know why I feel better than the last time... Maybe cause I had some suboxone in my system?? But that should be out by now. Idk. Gonna try and pass out again till later this after noon. The closer I get to like 36 hours like my doc wants the better. That's another 12 hours. Well, we will see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just about 28-29 hours and still nothing major. What the he'll is going on here???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

31 hours... Legs kinda hurt a bit. The occasional chill... WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE!!!!????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Good luck, I'm still praying for you! Your going to make it!!! Ohh ya, check your pupils thats a good way to see where your at!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Coming up on 48 hours..... Nothing. Legs hurt a bit. What the fuck is this?!?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I must say I agree - definitely check your pupils. If they're dilated, that's an indication of withdrawal. Did you ever take any really long-acting meds like methadone or a fentanyl patch? Maybe I'm just grasping at straws. Depending on what your pupils look like, you have the option to go ahead and start the sub. Or obviously you could wait it out. Have you contacted your doctor to ask for her/his opinion? Hang in there and keep on keeping us posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

50 hour update: ok, so.... Made it 48 hours without getting sick. I don't know if the sleeping pills helped or what but I did not get sick. Took a sub just for minor pains, clammy skin and to help if I would get cravings. Just took a second one cause the doc said 4 a day, so I figure I'll still do the 4 for today and call the doc tomorrow and see what he says. Prob tell me to go to one in the morning and one at night right away... So, idk. Either the ambien helped or I'm the luckiest person alive. :) :) :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I am so glad things went well!!! I hope your feeling good! You don't have to take the 4 right off the bat If you feel like you don't need then I wouldn't. My Dr. has me on 20mgs and if I take that much I feel sick, dizzy, tired and depressed. I'm not saying you won't need that much, but in my opinion you should take whatever dose stops withdrawls and cravings. The funny thing with this medicine if you take more than you need it doesn't make you feel better. It works the best at the lowest dose that stops w/ds and cravings. It took me awile to realize that. If 32mgs is it then take 32mgs but if you do feel better at 16mgs I would wait a little while.

I have spoke to alot of people who say suboxone sucks and it makes them depressed and sleepy and they stop taking it and relapse or finally cut there dose down and feel great. I'm by no means telling you what to do nor am I even close to a dr. just another suffering addict.

I wish you the best in your new found recovery!!! Great job!!! Come back soon and let us no how your doing!! Still Praying for you :D :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Counting counting... I gave up. Hahaha. It's Monday 8:35am and feeling great!! No cravings yet, no trouble sleeping (although I was up at 6:30am I still slept through the night) umm, I knocked my bottle of ambien into the sink by accident and lost almost all my pills. Gonna call the doc to let him know I am doing great and too see if he will give me another prescription... If he says no, I'm not really worried about it. Anyway, like I said... I took 4 yesterday, three of them two hours apart and the last one at 10pm just to get my receptors saturated and going. From now on I'm only taking two a day, 12 hours apart... So, next at 10am then 10pm and so on. So yeah, I'm doing great, feel great, positive and the best part is I never got sick :) :) :). My friend that's been on subs for a month now was very jelouse. ;) so, so far so good. Everythings great and I feel like this will only be a somewhat short thing before I start weening myself off for good. Like I've said, I'm not chasing a high cause I havnt been high in months. I'm chasing not being sick... So far so good. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Robbotsays,

I'm so glad to hear everything is going well for you. I know you were worried, so you must be so relieved. Just my opinion, but give yourself a chance to get used to life in "remission" before you think about tapering off. Suboxone is just a tool and it's always helpful to take the time while you're on them - even if just for a short time - to learn new coping skills, how to deal with emotions you may have been numbing with the drugs, etc. That way you'll be in a stronger position when it comes time to taper off. Like I said, just my opinion. Regardless, please know we're here for you and I wish you the very best.

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh, you have no idea how trilled I was to not get sick. And if I can do that coming off heroin, coming off suboxone will be like nothing at all. But yeah, it's all up to the doc. I'm not doing anything but what he tells me. Still waiting to hear back about my ambian script, but like I said I'm not worried about it either way. So yeah... All is well. No cravings. A bit bored just hanging around my house though. I used to sleep all day then spend time getting money and dope now I'm just chillin. But, I have confessed to some friends about what was going on and they are looking forward to hanging out later this week. Idk, I'm good. Just really really good and happy. ;)